Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
Directed by: Jack Sholder
Starring: Robert Englund, Mark Patton, Kim Myers

This is the gay one, gay as in "oddly homoerotic." Also it's terrible. The trend begins here of the Nightmare sequels pretty much ignoring whatever the "rules" of the series were supposed to have been established as in the first one (although the first one kinda does that itself by the end.) Things happen and people die. The performances are still bad but the plot is so stupid that it's hard to forgive anything and just watch for goofy dumb fun. This movie is not fun. It would be utterly forgettable except for nude locker room rear end whipping. So if you're doing a scavenger hunt and you need a movie with nude locker room rear end whipping then try this one.

RATING: 1.0

PROS: -
CONS: -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089686/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus
Eh. I always thought that this was the worst of the series, as well. But having rewatched it about a year ago, it didn't seem that terrible. Think of it more as a knock-off movie than a true sequel. I think it's main fault is being the movie that comes immediately after the excellent original. To its credit, it did keep a dark, gritty feel throughout. 1.5

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I think Part 2 has always been pretty harshly judged over the years.

I also rewatched it fairly recently and it was better than I remember. Certainly not masterpiece or comparable to the better movies of the series, but definantly a decent if mostly forgettable movie other than the homoerotica, the asswhuppin' and the pool party slaughter.

To put it in perspective, I much preferred it to the later movies made when the tank was truely empty, like Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare.

imwithstupid
May 17, 2004

"Hey, son. How was school?"
I did not like this when I was a kid, mainly just because it didn't fit. When I first started watching these, and became obsessed with then, I was about 9 years old. I believe that the 3rd one had just come out, and of course, we couldn't see those in the theater, we had to wait for the local video store to get tehm. So I first saw this about the time I saw the first in the 3rd, all over one weekend if I remember correctly. I hated this one, and at the time couldn't tell you why, it just didn't fit.

Years later, I goaded my roommate into buying the boxed set, and thus I could watch these movies again. I found I really enjoyed the first one, though it wasn't a good movie, and liked a New Nightmare, but that was it. This one still stood out as the worst though, even though later versions were worse movies. This still doesn't fit. If you want something of value for it, it is that it clearly is about one poor teenagers troubled journey with his own homosexuality, as the entire thing is just one homoerotic scene after another.

I guess, on that level, it was pretty good.

1.5/5

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

This movie is the funniest of the series by far, even if it wasn't supposed to be. Highlights include:

- The lead characters high pitched scream and his ugly, stupid face. I thought he was supposed to be retarded when you first see him on the school bus.
- The way they blow the entire budget on the first 10 minutes of the movie.
- That loving awful scene where he puts on his shades and starts having a boogie in his bedroom to soft 80's rock.
- The dad's blase attitude when the budgie explodes. "Maybe it was that bird feed you keep giving it"
- The girlfriend being REALLY loving UGLY. No wonder the lead ran to his best friend rather than his girlfriend when he was scared of some poo poo I can't remember (just before Freddy bursts from his stomach)
- The curious homoerotic undertones
- The towel whipping scene.

What a load of loving poo poo. There isn't a rating low enough for this movie.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
Definitely the worst in the series. It's like, this one wasn't supposed to be funny, and became unintentionally funny because of how bad it was. It wasn't scary at all, yet it's supposed to be a horror film.

The first Nightmare, especially for it's time, was scary. Part 2 was bad...and because of that, I think that's why Freddy sort of molded into a funny, comedic, murdering madman as opposed to just being the bastard murdering madman that he originally was.

If not for part 2, Freddy probably wouldn't have become funny and obtained the cult following that he has. That means Freddy toys and poo poo never would've been. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I still own this movie on VHS. I'll never watch it again. 1.5/5 because I think it was instrumental in Freddy's character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynie
Sep 16, 2002

by HELLTANK
The movie starts with a hotwheels bus going down a hill and it just keeps getting cheesier.

Not even enjoyable in "so bad it's good" sort of way.