Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aberration
Sep 11, 2001
Directed by: Barry Sonnenfeld
Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, Lara Flynn Boyle, Johnny Knoxville.

I stillhate Will Smith but luckily he seems to have taken a couple acting lessons over the 5 years its been since the first one came out.

High expectations is what I had for this movie. They took loving long enough waiting 5 years since the release of the first one. In short, this movie really didn't deliver. This film kind of suffers from Harry Potter 2 syndrome in that we already explored the magical world of the Men In Black and now all we're doing is putting the same characters in a different (albeit convoluted) plot.

By far the best scenes in the film are the opening sequence lol law and order clevage and Tommy Lee as a postal worker. And all that happens within the first 20 minutes of the film, and I was thoroughly enjoying myself up until 30 minutes in when I realized that the story/plot had no substance and all we were left with was some eye candy special effects and annoying Johnny Knoxville x2.

It saddened me. I enjoyed the first and had to wait 5 years for this? Pish posh I say.

RATING: 2.5

PROS: Seeing Tommy Lee Jones as a postal worker, Awesome makeup/CGI, Lara Flynn Boyle's breasts.
CONS: Will Smith, some parts seem overly drawn out, Rosario Dawson can't act worth poo poo.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120912/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NADZILLA
Dec 16, 2003
iron helps us play
Boring cash-in. Jumps through all the hoops of the first one without its novelty value. Lara Flynn Boyle is a coked-out whore.

One.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
It would probably be okay for people who haven't seen the first one or don't remember it (which is possible seeing how this comes so many years after the original), but if you remember the basics of the first movie then there's really nothing new here. It came far too late and doesn't really bring anything new to the table, as far as MIB or even sci-fi/action movies in general are concerned, although the "wow lookit that" effects that make up most of the film are pretty nice.

2/5, if only for having some decent mindless action here and there.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

It seemed to me that Tommy Lee Jones regretted every second of being in this film. Pretty god awful.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
The story was garbage. The cartoon show had better plots than this. It was just another money making film that was never intended to be made after the first one (even though the first movie did hint at a sequel). It's kind of like beating a dead horse, then getting on him and expecting him to jump hurdles. And I must agree with

quote:

It seemed to me that Tommy Lee Jones regretted every second of being in this film. Pretty god awful.

1/5

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

When I watched the movie, there were two MASSIVE, MASSIVE plot holes that I notices. One had to do with a relationship between Smith and the girl. Unfortunately [or thankfully] I have forgotten them to this day [and the rest of the movie].

ProdigalSon
Sep 15, 2003
man. this movie was really unusually bad. probably one of the 5 most blatant easy hollywood cash-in's. nothing was funny, interesting, or surprising at all about it.

1/5.5

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Lara Flynn Boyle was a very scary (and sensual!!!) villain. The pug continued to say epic, funny things. Don't get me started on the worms, playing twister with a sexy woman, and the lady wasn't even scared! There was a scene where Tommy Lee Jones find out all the people who were working at the post office were aliens, and he tells one to stop smoking! Will Smith was the one negative thing about this pretty funny movie. He continues to have a bad attitude and exude arrogance just like in the original. I think if they were to make a Men in Black 4, they should replace Smith with an actor like William H. Macy, or maybe Tobey Maguire. This is a comedy movie but some violent and gross stuff happens too! Not for the faint of heart.
4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I loved the original MIB but nothing will ever live up to the original, inlcuding MIB2. I will however respect this movie simply for being sooo many times better than MIB3. Also, I hate Johnny Knoxville.

2 out of 5