Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrC
Jan 15, 2001

As Seen in Print!
It was a drat fine movie, but I'm going to have to go against the curve and say Spidey 1 was better. There was too much time spent between Parker and MJ, and while I certainly don't mind Kirsten Dunst getting as much screen time as possible, they made kissey faces at each other for far too long.

What action was there, though, was top notch. Couldn't have asked for any better. Just needed a smidgen more. The CG was fan-freakin'-tastic. My wife put it best when she compared Doc Ock's tentacles to the Velociraptors of Jurrasic Park.

There were a couple of moments that really ruined the 5-star for me, though. Namely, When JJJ was waxing poetic about Spiderman being a hero with the suit pinned to the wall behind him, and suddenly SWOOSH the suit is missing with a comically-large fonted printed note left behind... just sad. Also, some of Harry's lines were just horrible. "I have nothing left, except the Spiderman"? Come on.

If the first movie is a 5, Spidey 2 is a 4. drat good, but doesn't quite feel like the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU