Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Directed by: Bryan Singer
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen

I'm a fan of X-Men, from the comics to the cartoon. This right here is certainly not a bad X-Men movie, be it from production to special effects to acting. A lot of the details, such as Mystique's look, are improved nicely from the first movie. Fans of the first movie are pretty much guaranteed to like this.

That said, messing with cerebro/incapacitating Xavier was done in the first film, killing all mutants/humans is a bit too grand a scheme to believe seeing it happen, and Stryker just isn't a character I care about as the lead villain.

I hope X-3 features a some bigger fight scenes and a more compelling plot. Chances are it won't ever be on par with the Spiderman series, but it's competant enough to merit additional sequels.

RATING: 3.5

PROS: Good action flick with the X-Men you know and love
CONS: Too many plot overlaps from the first; not enough mutant-on-mutant action

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290334/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello
I thought this was really great, even better than the first X-Men movie. There was a lot of great action (the opening sequence for example), and it had a pretty good sense of humor, usually poking fun at itself. Jackman and Mckellen were the only really interesting characters though, almost everyone else is just there to help them or stand in their way, but that isn't too terrible in an ensemble type movie like this.