Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Directed by: Sam Raimi
Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe

No need for much expounding here. It's a simple movie done really, really well. Maguire IS Peter Parker and that's why this and the sequel work. Dafoe does a perfect job as Norman Osborn, where a lesser actor would have resorted to hamming it up. And Dunst is Dunst :love:

4.5/5, with the half a point sacrificed for the sake of better establishing characters for its sequels.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Production, special effects, solid performances
CONS: Slow build necessetated by the story, not enough Randy Savage

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145487/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I wasn't really very happy with this movie. My main beef is that I think Kirstin dunst was *terribly* miscast as Mary Jane. Come on, she is supposed to be a super model actress super mega babe total hottie, not some b-rate girl next door. Aside from that, I left the theatre just kind of Blah. No excitement like when I see a really fun action movie.

(I liked Daredevil more than this movie if that tells you anything.)

Garibaldi
May 22, 2004
Card carrying member of the Extremely Silly Party
I guess I'm just biased since I've already seen the second movie, but Spiderman was just not that great. Sure, it documented Parker's change from normal to amazing power man...but seriously, it was not that great. Granted, most of the action scenes were cool, as was the Green Goblin and the skitsophrenic fights in the mirrors. That scene, while it has been done before, blew me away.
But, overall, the movie was mediocre...
Rating: 3/5

Edit: Kinda surprised that no one has voted below a 3...are the cynical 'I never vote above a 2' people taking a break or something?