Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pizzaface
Apr 2, 2004

by Lowtax
Directed by: Gaspar Noé
Starring: Monica Bellucci, Vincent Cassel, Albert Dupontel

I'll start off by saying that if you haven't seen this movie, and are easily disturbed, do not see it.

The story of the movie goes as such: A girl is raped and brutally beaten by a complete stranger, and her ex-husband and current boyfriend wish to avenge her. It is VERY graphic and quite disturbing. The intended effect is to show the purest of emotions when faced with something horrible, and to show the true loving horror of a situation such as what she was put through.

Anyways, This movie is one of the best shot films I have ever seen. The movie plays in 'reverse' in the same way Memento did. Starts with the credits of the movie rolling down, and then a scene of an old fat naked man talking. In between the scenes, the camera rolls, dives and spins. It's almost sickening but thats the effect that was intended, really. Theres a scene where they enact their revenge at the opening of the film and when the guy is getting hit it sort of slows down, speeds up, VERY slightly that you barely notice it, the camera sort of rolls around a lot during the whole ordeal, which really intensifies everything.

The rape scene is about 20 minutes long and extremely graphic, I really don't reccomend that any females watch this it can be very very disturbing. A large majority of the people who saw this, walked out of the theater at this point. My friends girlfriend included. Not a great 'date' movie ;).

Very, very good for what it is.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Intense, Amazing cinematography
CONS: Very graphic, will disturb most viewers

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0290673/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzaface
Apr 2, 2004

by Lowtax
My bad, I didn't search. This was already reviewed here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1032086