Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Directed by: David Zucker
Starring: Matt Stone, Trey Parker, Yasmine Bleeth

Filmed before South Park made it big, Stone and Parker clearly had a lot of influence on what would otherwise be a drab sports parody flick. Some of the sports-related jokes, like the explanation of the sport's playoff system and several of the Bob Costas/Al Michaels lines, work well. A lot of it doesn't. The meat and potatoes of the comedy comes from Matt and Trey, especially the kiss.

I'd go into the plot, but that would take more effort than the plot was actually given.

I loved it, and it has a decent 6/10 on IMDB for a low-budget comedy, but your mileage may vary.

RATING: 4

PROS: Really, really hilarious at times
CONS: When it's not funny it sucks; just gross-out humor

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131857/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
It has a few golden moments, but also a lot of jokes that are just stupid, gross or both.

Siberian Kiss
Oct 4, 2002

The danger on the rocks is surely past
I loved this movie for some inexplicable reason. The running gag about Squeak "Little Bitch" Scolari is hilarious. Especially when they announce his name like that in one of the games. The story is pretty predictable but the characters are pretty funny, and the psych-outs make it worth watching. Also:

Squeak: "I don't even know why I hang out with you guys"
Coop: "Dude, cuz you're a piece of poo poo"
Squeak "I AM NOT a piece of poo poo"

LOL i dunno why but that line got me

4.0/5 for some great lines in an otherwise predictable comedy

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

I thought that part when he was listening to the radio was pretty funny. And how all the unsolved mysteries people were playing solitare.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I wasn't all that hot on the movie, and I'm one of the extras.

ogm
May 20, 2001

The dildo/panties scene right in the beginning is awesome, rest of the movie is mostly drat funny too. An easy 4/5.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

quote:

Doodles came out of the closet to say:
I wasn't all that hot on the movie, and I'm one of the extras.
One of the guys in the animal mascot costumes I bet

I saw the previews for this movie and thought it looked like the stupidest thing on the planet, but I was pleasantly surprised. 4/5

supernothing
May 18, 2004
Buy me a custom title
Hilarious movie, I rate is a freakin 4.

FANTASY TAILOR
Jan 28, 2004

by elpintogrande
Hilarious movie and it has Reel Big Fish in it. 4.5

Weeatherhead
Sep 25, 2003
poop
I tried watching this movie with a group of 5 or so friends and we had to turn it off because it was painfully not funny. However, I watched the movie the next day by myself and was thoroughly entertained. 3.5

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
"He's hanging by his neck in his loving closet."

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
4 out of 5

I went in thinking this was going to be stupid, but it's actually great.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

The little bitch joke was hilarious everytime they brought it up, and I laughed to tears when they say, "Hey, I hear your sister is going out with....SQUEAK!" It's your typical South Park humor, so you pretty much know what to expect from that point. I give it a 3.5. Amusing enough.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

I found this movie at Target for $5.50 and I forgot just how much I loved it. Hilarious jokes, and it's a nice mixture between the wacky elements of "Airplane!" and the darker, more scatological humor of early Stone/Parker films.

"NO DADDY DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!"

5/5

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
The advertising for this movie made it look horrible. I'm so glad my friend forced me to watch it back in high school. There are maybe 5 comedy movies ever made that I even remotely like- This is one of them.

5/5

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

In any mindset this movie is funny to me. It has made its way into every day conversations. Calling people little bitches, or anytime someone tries to do something. I have to pull a psyc-out(sp?)

5/5

Dipes
Oct 24, 2003
This movie is a solid 4. A good comedy for a night on the couch. :420:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Update: We still have no loving clue where this guy is.

Everything in this movie is pure gold.

5/5

SwedeRacer
Aug 2, 2004
Anything Matt Stone and Trey Parker touch is complete gold. This is no exception.

....Steeeeeeeve Perry!

5/5

ToothMachine
Dec 26, 2005
The REAL ToothMachine!
"If I had a nickel for every time that ball saved me, I'd have a shitload of nickels!"

5/5. Excellent movie.

HiredGoon
Dec 30, 2005

quote:

"He's hanging by his neck in his loving closet."
gently caress YEAH!

An absolute classic as far as a boys night in goes. 5

Canukian
Dec 13, 2005
I am a displaced Canadian
Definately a 5/5

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

"It's this cool game we learned in the hood."

5/5

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
5/5 for the Beetlejuice reference. I practically collapsed I was laughing so hard.

Sporty G
May 31, 2004

Ask me about our extended warranty
God, I loved this back in High School!!!!

5/5 no doubt!!!

Mindcrime
Mar 3, 2005

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is 24.
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Your bed is over here.
[indicates a dog bed]
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Dude, that is so fuckin' weak! How am I supposed to get a chick in that?
Joseph R. Cooper: Oh, don't worry, dude. You couldn't get a chick if you had a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your zipper.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Yeah I could.
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: No. Dude, you're a little bitch!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: I am not! I don't even know why I hang out with you guys, anyway.
Joseph R. Cooper: 'Cause you're a piece of poo poo.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: I am not a piece of poo poo!
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Yeah, but you're a little bitch.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Goddammit! I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times... I'm outta here!

Me: :laffo:

5/5 for sure.

Mr.Magnetichead
Dec 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Very very underrated movie. I don't think enough people got to see it.

A definate 5/5.

bipolarbear
Jun 15, 2005

Droppin the Funk Bomb!
Back in middle school this movie was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. It was even better than the South Park movie. I have since overwatched it, and matured, but it is still, for me, a reliable comedy that doesn't fail to make me laugh out loud a few times each viewing. I wish these guys had made a few more live action flicks.

3.5/5
10/5 if you are 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
Hilarious, it makes a quite a jab at sports in America, and the corporations that run it.

The humour is broad, but still hilarious. There are lots of subtle visual gags, my favourite is near the beginning: There is a montage of corporate-branded stadia, like the Staples Arena. The last one is the Maxi Tampon Arena, and there is a white blimp in the background with a red tip. I always laugh at that point, and no-one else knows what I'm laughing at.

This film is perfect morning-after fodder. It doesn't require brain-power, and you never stop laughing.

5/5