Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

narksuckersperg
Oct 19, 2022

Tetramin posted:

Picked up an MPC One this week and I am loving it.

I had an MPC2500 that I loved but I sold it like 8 years ago, and since I got my new computer I haven’t wanted to go to the effort of getting FL studio and plugins set up so it’s been a while since I’ve made anything.

The MPC One is exactly what I hoped it would be, I’ve just been cranking out some fun beats the past few days, having a blast. I never used Splice before, and honestly pulling samples from there might feel “cheap” or whatever, but it sure is a fun.

I haven’t noticed any major issues with the MPC, but I do wish the Q Links had little screens below them to display what control they are linked to.

I’ve been using it in Standalone mode sitting on the couch mostly which is awesome. At some point I’ll check out the MPC software on PC using it as a controller, I think that has some additional functionality but i haven’t felt limited yet.

Really happy with this purchase!

The Q links actually do have a menu that pops up and tells you exactly what they are linked to if you just touch them without fiddling with the knob.

You don't get any. extra functionality besides what's obviously afforded to you using a PC like use of a network drive to store everything, the possible increase in speed navigating and chopping with a mouse and keyboard, etc. The software was meant to replicate the MPC workflow so its as identical as it can be. When I first started I purchased a MIDI keyboard that came with a bunch of software including Ableton and MPC Beats. Ableton didnt click with me then and doesnt click with me today but Beats did and the transition from software to hardware was nearly seamless.

Enjoy the machine.

narksuckersperg fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU