Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Title of Equipment: VOX Pathfinder 15 Watt Practice Amp
Price Paid / Price New: $70 / $110
Year Manufactured: not sure... probably 2000ish
Specs Equipment's Specifications:
15 Watt Solid State practice Amp. Built in Tremolo. Mine has no reverb, but the current models come with built in reverb.

Sound (or applicable): 4/5. Sounds absolutely wonderful compared to my Ibanez practice amp. Best suited for clean sounds. There is no distortion channel on the amp, but playing with the gain settings can get a distorted sound. The distorted sound is just fine coming from my Ibanez Fuzz pedal, so I never have to bother with that. The distorted sound the amp itself can make is so-so.

Equipment Quality: 5/5. Bought at Daddy's Junky Music warehouse sale because my Ibanez amp was a piece of junk and worked when it felt like it. This has never been problematic, and it's a floor model amp.

Usefullness: 4/5. It's a great little practice amp that gets plenty loud. Loud enough to bother my parents at least. I usually play in the middle of the night, so I either don't plug it in or use my v-amp2 for practicing.

Overall Value: 4/5. Very happy with the purchase. When it comes time for me to buy another amplifier, I'll be looking at VOX first because this amp pleases me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I got my Firefly Les Paul yesterday and I'm very pleased. I got one with a blue maple top (I assume printed and not really a maple top) with gold hardware. The website photo shows a brighter blue than the in person model I received, but I like the darker blue too so it's all good. I don't know if it's a different shade or if it's just that I'm looking at it in my poorly lit office instead of under professional photograph lighting.

I've only ever played or owned cheap guitars. This feels like the nicest cheap guitar I've ever had. I've never had a real Gibson or even an Epiphone above $200, so I can't compare it to "the real thing." I'm also not a very good guitarist. With that out of the way, it felt nicer to play than any other guitar I've had I think. Closest comparison would be, unsurprisingly, an Agile LP I bought in like 2006.

Build quality wise everything seems good. It feels good in the hand. Sound quality wise I'm not going to opine too much. I played it through a Blackstar Amplug headphone amp. It sounded fine to me. It seems the rap I hear online with these guitars is that they're good except for the pickups but nothing shouted out at me that they were especially bad.

I paid $257 for the guitar, inclusive of US shipping. I paid import fees in my country of residence but those won't be relevant to most of you. Overall for under $500 I'm extremely pleased with this purchase and I'm going to play with it right now.