Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloated Pussy
Jun 9, 2002

dont read my posts
Directed by: Jon Favreau
Starring: Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn

I know it's not technically a sequel to Swingers, but really, the two characters are nearly identical to the ones in Swingers and their relationship is the same. It's not unfair to use Swingers as a comparison, at least when discussing the leads and their dynamic.

Made takes one of the best parts of Swingers and does a pretty good job of expanding and evolving it. Unfortunately, aside from the already proven chemistry of the Favreau/Vaughn characters, Made is fairly mediocre.

The plot isn't really worth too much discussion, it's really just an excuse for Favreau and Vaughn to play off each other. I won't deny there's a lot of really wonderful dialouge in the movie, a lot of which is better than that of Swingers. But unlike Swingers, which had enough variety of characters and some threads of a plot, Made is all too eager to just let people talk. It's almost always funny, but it's too much of a good thing, and I found myself wishing they'd actually tried to create a decent mob story and interesting dialouge.

Unlike the unique and touching love story / relationship plots in Swingers, Made is pretty generic and uninteresting in the romance department.

The swearing is over the top and forced. gently caress this, gently caress that, it loses all its impact and sounds really cheap when it's in every single sentence.

Yeah, so, basically, see it if you liked the characters from Swingers or are interested in a funny buddy/mafia comedy. Just don't expect much outside some good dialouge and funny, established characters.

RATING: 3.5

PROS: Most of the Favreau/Vaughn dynamic from Swingers is still alive
CONS: Vaughn's character borders on too annoying, the dynamic of the two leads can't carry the weak plot, excessive swearing

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0227005/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain-Obvious
Aug 19, 2003

by Livestock
I really enjoy this movie. If you liked "Swingers", and it's brand of often subtle or esoteric comedy, you'll enjoy Made. It's certainly not for everyone, but for what it does it does it very well. 4.

Less Than Bort
Feb 12, 2004

We need more "Bort" license plates in the gift shop. I repeat, we are sold out of "Bort" license plates.
I enjoyed Swingers so I thought I would get some satisfaction from Made. Not quite. Half way through the movie I wanted to punch out Vaughn's character; he's just that annoying and obnoxious. The mafia plot is weak and uninteresting and the dialogue seems forced. Peter Falk is the best part of the movie. Made is quite forgetable. 3