Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Starring: Lance Henriksen, Aliens, Predators, and other people that die

Just came back from watching it and I must say it is exactly what I expected and a little more. The story starts a little slow. The first 30 minutes is just an introduction to characters and the situation: they found a pyramid on Antartica and they go find out what is in it. But once the fun starts (read: predators show up) it doesn't stop till the end. I thought the film did well in showing aspects from both franchises. There are action packed fights involving predators just like they are dark, tense scenes involving aliens.

Though the story is a bit far-fetched, if you read the comic you know where it came from.

As for the bad side, most people seem to bitch at the PG-13 rating. Though this doesn't really affect the film as it is, an R-rating would have just given it more gore and blood (which I didn't find was an issue). The other problem I have with it is it's 1 hour and 40 minute duration. I found it was too short of time to pack all that they did, but surprisingly it was done well.

RATING: 4

PROS: Aliens and Predators. it's what makes the movie that we've been waiting for a decade
CONS: PG-13 rating, could have been more gory and more depth to both creatures

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaHunter
Mar 13, 2004

Jack Bauer is my hero.
I just came back from the midnight showing as well, and I enjoyed the entire movie. Seriously, everyone was always bitching about the PG-13 rating and whatnot, but it means nothing. The movie was full of action, humor, and people getting killed.

If you're looking for great acting, look the other way. If you're looking for one helluva fight between the two greatest movie monsters of all time, go see this movie.

Possible spoilers -

The Predalien does make an appearance. The chestburster scene was alright. It was left open for a sequel, and the Queen goes berserk.

All in all, a fun movie to see.

I Hate Emo
Mar 21, 2004

by elpintogrande
I just got back from the midnight showing and could not believe how awful it was. I hope you like slow-motion face hugger scenes, because they take up about half of the lovely action. The acting, dialogue, and "plot" were horrible. For instance, did you know that the Aztecs were actually wiped out by Predators and Aliens? Silly me thinking that Cortez did it.

A terrible, horrible movie. I would rather watch Garfield and Dumb and Dumberer back to back.

.5/5

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I just watched it with no expections of the movie being any good, and i wasn't dissapointed. Story was weak but the fight scenes between the two were pretty bad-rear end.

The whole Predator/Girl love story had me laughing my rear end off though

All in All, its the perfect movie for a stormy saturday or get all sorts of drunk with your mates and go see late at night, nothing more, nothing less.

Rating: 3

motherlover
Sep 1, 2001
Hey, you sass that hoopy ford "motherlover" prefect? there's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
Midnight showing here too. I was hoping so much that it would kick rear end. Just the concept alone should have spawned one of the greatest sci-fi/action movies ever. Sadly, it was about what I expected. well actually, a little worse with the surprise twist ending. A loving PREDATOR/ALIEN!?!?!?!??!?! THAT DOESNT' EVEN MAKE SENSE!!!!! I went from disappointed to angry just in time for the movie to end.

plus it was short. I clocked it at just over 1h 20m. Maybe if it was longer and had more fighting it would have made up for all it was lacking.

.5/5

motherlover fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 13, 2004

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

motherlover came out of the closet to say:
Midnight showing here too. I was hoping so much that it would kick rear end. Just the concept alone should have spawned one of the greatest sci-fi/action movies ever. Sadly, it was about what I expected. well actually, a little worse with the surprise twist ending. A loving PREDATOR/ALIEN!?!?!?!??!?! THAT DOESNT' EVEN MAKE SENSE!!!!! I went from disappointed to angry just in time for the movie to end.

.5/5

Just to say, ya it loving does douch bag, know the universe before you get all uppity.

Also midnight showing here.

The movie was ridicilous in some parts, the Chick/Pred running all slow motion away from the fire, I thought there were going to start cracking jokes at any point.

Some of the parts were alright, defintly not enough fighting between the Predators and the Aliens, a lot of the movie was fairly predictable as well. But I still think it was decent enough, here is hoping we get a sequel so I can see some hot PredAlien action.

I think it would have been better if the PredAlien was born from the first two Pred's that died, and the third having died earlier, queen being set loose etc. So the predators have to send down a team of 6-7 crack loving hunters to gently caress some poo poo up and not let the Aliens spread. Maybe in a sequel though.

3.5/5

motherlover
Sep 1, 2001
Hey, you sass that hoopy ford "motherlover" prefect? there's a frood who really knows where his towel is.

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:

Just to say, ya it loving does douch bag, know the universe before you get all uppity.

I don't mean to start a flame war, and I apologize now, but no, it doesn't make sense. all the alien is doing is laying an egg. why would the egg and host exchange DNA? there's wasps that do this exact thing with spiders, and it doesn't make these creepy flying spider-wasps.

Dio
Mar 6, 2004

Who is the gentleman with the bronzed earings?
Just got out of the theatre. I thought that this was a really fun ride. Totally worth seeing. If you read the comics, it was a little predictable. But it was still kickass. Most importantly it was not a huge disapointment. Though I don't know why it was rated pg-13 for slime, I thought that was odd. I really hope they make a sequal considering the cliffhanger ending . Oh and that part where the predator breaks the baby aliens neck was rediculously hilarious

4/5

Z
Jun 25, 2002

^^ :eng101: Sequel

Having also just gotten back from a midnight showing, I feel the need to share my opinion.

I'm not a serious fan of the Aliens of Predator franchise, but I do like both. AvP seemed to take the cheesiest of both, add a dash of Jurassic Park, a few pounds of Spunky Black Woman, and wrap it all up in one giant plot hole (a friend of mine said after the movie "doesn't there have to be a plot for there to be a plot hole?" apparently not).

That said, I liked it, and was reminded of The Core on more than one occasion. I gave it a 3.5 for being a fun movie, but missing out on one or two opportunities it had to be truly entertaining.

Z fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 13, 2004

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

It's gone rather dark all of a sudden...
Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.

eclipse fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 13, 2004

TopKatz
Apr 23, 2004

FAQ-U

quote:

I don't mean to start a flame war, and I apologize now, but no, it doesn't make sense. all the alien is doing is laying an egg. why would the egg and host exchange DNA? there's wasps that do this exact thing with spiders, and it doesn't make these creepy flying spider-wasps.

I have not seen it yet, but:

I thought this is a know fact of the Alien species/universe or whatever. What about Alien 3? That rouge took on the shape of the Ox/dog depending on which version you want to go by. It ran around on four legs, and have backward knee joints like a quadraped. Its not just an egg like a wasp, or whatever. Any ways, its a sci-fi movie so comparing it to real world bugs is never going to explain anything. Some of the stories, which obviously are just that, fan fiction imply that the Alien is a genetically created species, created as a biological weapon. So to assume it could and would integrated DNA is not really a stretch, at least not in my book.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Add another midnight showing.

You have to go into the movie with your brain turned off to enjoy it, and understand it's meant as an action movie and nothing more. If you can manage that I think most people will find it a worthwhile $6.50. My only complaint is that the movie could have used a few more fight scenes. 3/5.5

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

quote:

I'm not a huge screaming fanboy about this stuff, but from what I remember correctly from Alien facehuggers change the hosts DNA to create the alien, not lay an egg, much like human reproduction. except in the chest cavity. Wow, that was just about the nerdiest thing I've ever argued about.

tac0
Apr 19, 2001
Saw the movie at midnight. Overall it was pretty good, lots of good pred vs. alien action.

The only problem i have is the fact that the predators can use xray vison to view the insides of things, yet they dont even think to check their dead pal before bringing him on the ship, like theyve never had any dealings with the aliens and know what they are capable of. Over all the years atleast one pred. must have been infected.

adisca
May 6, 2003

Young Turks

quote:

tac0 came out of the closet to say:
The only problem i have is the fact that the predators can use xray vison to view the insides of things, yet they dont even think to check their dead pal before bringing him on the ship, like theyve never had any dealings with the aliens and know what they are capable of. Over all the years atleast one pred. must have been infected.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the Predators brought him on the ship on purpose to breed the PredAlien. Otherwise, they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

Overall, I thought the movie was pretty awful. There just wasn't enough Predator on Alien action... and that's pretty much the only thing the movie had going for it.

Please let somebody else do the sequal... or don't loving make one.

LowJack
Jun 27, 2003

I saw an 11:45 showing...at this point I'm going to give it a 3.5 out of 5, and might revise when I see it a second time.

Overall, a solid film, if just a bit short.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I enjoyed the Predator Vs. Alien fights. I was scared because the first one was choppily edited and I couldn't see what was going on, and I was afraid it would all be like that, but it seems like Paul Anderson calmed down and did some clearer shooting.

That said, the acting was bad, the plot was nonexistant, and the dialogue sucked. Still, I really really liked the movie up until the point where Lex started going steady with the Predator. What a loving pansy. A real predator would've shot her after he took care of the alien.

I cringed at all the "Me and my Predator" shots. Egads.

Still, 3.5/5 for hot alien action.

Puck
Jun 24, 2003

Well, I wasn't going to go see it, but all the "wah, you're saying it'll suck because you're (whatever your dumbass reason is)" posts here forced me to see a matinee using the free pass I got from my Predator SE DVD.

It's really bad.

But it isn't, as I feared "Highlander 2"-bad. Still, though... everyone was on autopilot through the whole thing.

There are no "reveals" through the movie that let you know interesting things about either mythos that you didn't already know, or could have guessed from what you know already. Yeah, Predators stock Aliens to hunt them as a rite of passage, we get it, and probably would have guessed it too.

The acting isn't totally awful, but there's not a single instance of it being any good either. That said, it's probably the high point of the movie -- only a few times did anyone deliver a line and I cringed, and that was always (to my recollection) because of the line as written, not as delivered. The main heroine does what she needs to do without me rolling my eyes, but never once does anything impressive.

For those of you wanting "OMG COOL PREDATOR-ALIEN FIGHTS" you're going to be sorely dissappointed. There are a few "Alien is badass" and "Predator is badass" moments, but they're few and far between, and when they happen the camera switches to an incredibly annoying lower framerate.

The time in between the little action there is is monotonous and boring and, frankly, stupid. Hey, I have no problem with "check your brain at the door" movies, but they should at least give it something to do while I'm standing there brainless. The pacing here is awful, and the odd attempt to introduce tension before the AvP action starts is blatantly false. OH LOL ITS A PENGUIN OMG.

On the plus side, the movie didn't destroy the mythos like Highlander 2 almost did. It bends it a bit while offering nothing new to the mix. There was no reason for it to be set modern-day, and it would have had a much bigger "cool" factor had it been set shortly after Aliens/Alien3 because the humans might have been a little bit cool.

The Predators were insulting. Fat Predator (as I like to call him -- he's the one you see in the AvP fight clip online) moved like a bad slow-mo wrestler. His "getting up off the ground" bit made me laugh at the ridiculousness even though I'd seen it online.

Don't see this movie. There's nothing in here worth any of your time, much less money, and Hollywood shouldn't be rewarded for making movies on autopilot. If you want to see the cool fights, watch the clip online and you've seen half the coolness there is (and the other half takes about 15 seconds total).

1.5/5 -- only a tiny bit above "terrible".

PeyoteGuacamole
May 9, 2004

by Ozma
I went in expecting good violence and nothing else.

That said, there was good violence, but it only encompassed 15 or so minutes of a hundred and five minute film.

The rest of the movie is god awful.

Wait for this one on DVD, and then steal it.

Or wait 15 years and see it on the WB.

15 good minutes / 105 actual minutes = .142

Voted .5

The Modfather
May 24, 2004

She should have used Odorono.
From the director, the trailers, PG-13 rating, and the reviews here, I wasn't expecting much when I went to the theater and I was very pleasantly surprised. The plot, acting, direction and script, while not brilliant, were all competent. There was perhaps a slight overuse of slow-motion action shots, but not too many, and the rest of the action scenes were, I felt, very well done. The PG-13 rating certainly doesn't seem to have effected the action scenes very much.

It could have been a bit longer, with a bit more characterization and I would have preferred it if more characters had survived. It certainly would have been if it had been set in the future, instead of the present. But while the movie could have been longer, I found it quite entertaining.

All in all, I'd say this was not as good as Alien or Aliens, but I'd say it is as good as any of the other films in either series. If you're a fan, you should enjoy it.

4/5

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
I went in with a pretty clean slate, as most of the reviews here were hitting one side or the other. I found the film to be pretty competent, and on the average side. It was worth seeing once, but not worth seeing again.

Also, it's made me want to go out and rent at least the first Predator; I've actualy never sat through it all the way before, and would like to see the unedited version, rather than attempting to catch it on basic cable.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Caught a matinee this afternoon. I was hoping for an unintentionaly hilarious plot with characters that were all just fodder for the destruction, along with tremendous amounts of bad guys tearing each other apart. The plot was bad, but not hilariously bad, and although the characters were good fodder, way too much time was spent on their backstories before they got their faces hugged. This excess backstory and plot cut down on the fighting which in my mind made the movie a failure. A few things I found to be odd:

Only 3 Predators get sent to hunt a pyramid full of Aliens. Thems some stupid odds considering the amount of Aliens swarming the place

Why the psuedo love story weirdness between the girl and the Predator? She gets lucky with a spear shot and suddenly she's promoted above mere sacrificial goods?

The climactic battle between the Alien Queen and the Predator was less than climactic. Very quick, and very poorly finished (unless you want a sequel)

All in all, I felt this movie missed on a whole lot of potential - namely the whole Alien vs. Predator thing... there just wasn't enough of it. What there was was highly entertaining though, which just made me sadder thinking of what might have been. At least it did have Spud from Trainspotting in it, and I'm always happy to see him get work. Kinda sad that's one of the few redeeming values this movie has.

I give it 2/5, .5 of that because of Spud. That's about the best an action movie with very little action can expect.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

i went in with neutral expectations and i came out pleasantly surprised. even after reading all the horrible reviews and seeing everyone bash this movie in GBS, i still felt there was a slight chance this movie would hit the spot. the predators are finally getting their long overdue appearance on the big screen, pitted against another franchise favorite of mine. the action was good, hardly any shaky moments that would make me feel dizzy. the fight scenes including the hero predator were the ones worth watching. the others seemed too much like a wrestling match.

also, i thought the predators could have been portrayed a little more agile and cunning, rather than balls out tackling and swinging aliens from their tails. the first two predators killed seemed to be pretty horrible hunters, not attuned to how cunning and stealty a predator should be. im guessing because they are still newbies, but the hero predator was pretty seasoned and well trained. he seemed more disciplined, something that i liked about him.

the overall story of the movie i found pretty intriguing. i liked the whole idea of the predators being gods to humans, and how ancient civilizations were destroyed because of these hunts they conducted. it ties the two franchies togethter pretty well. i think this movie would have been better without the whole bishop weyland tie in. its just somethin too complex anderson tried to do and got us nothing out of it.

the heroine of this movie, lex, wasnt annoying or helpless. that helped me enjoy the film much more. its always good to see a strong female lead rather than some whining little twit. and the whole touch of relation between the hero predator and lex wasnt that loving funny as some people found it. i dont understand how it could be. to me it was a pretty good way to show how predators are an honorable, and if somewhat, romantic race.

credited to paul anderson, this is definately one of his better films, but then again, i'm not that critical of his work as some are. i enjoyed this movie because it had the core aspects i was intending to see: predators, aliens, and violence between the two. heres hoping that a sequel will be made, maybe with stan winston onboard to fix up the predators face (the aliens looked great though).

4.5/5

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 14, 2004

Phallacracy
Jul 28, 2004
You'll probably get sick of hearing this now, but here it is again; mediocre action paired with an awful plot. A friend of mine worte a backstory in 15 minutes for this movie, which made sense, was historically accurate(in the Pred/Alien universe), and also set the stage for all the later Alien movies. 15 minutes, and I bet the writers for this piece took loving MONTHS and got paid every step of the way. Yarr.

1 star for the action.

Raptor10001
May 7, 2003

Bend over and show me your Dark Side.
75% Comedy
25% Whatever

3/5

Ugly_Jim
Jan 23, 2004
Hello
People were laughing in the theater when people died. I expected a mediocre action movie, but I was disapointed. My rear end could have written a better screenplay. The fake accents REALLY annoyed me, too. It's amazing that these people managed to waste so much time and money on this piece of poo poo. A more detailed explanation of why this movie is terrible is in a spoiler tag below.

I expected at least a quarter of the movie to be AvP fight scenes, and that didn't happen. The first predator died without even knowing the alien was in the room. The second one died within a few minutes of seeing the alien. The third one[spoiler] got too cocky after killing an alien, and a face hugger snuck up on him. He kept fighting and killed a few aliens, but ultimately got impaled by the queen's tail.[/spoiler]

1 star for the 15 minutes of AvP action. Anyone rating this movie over two stars isn't rating the movie objectively. Maybe they got a blowjob during the movie or they worship the alien/predator universe, because this movie was truly awful.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

quote:

Ugly_Jim came out of the closet to say:
Anyone rating this movie over two stars isn't rating the movie objectively. Maybe they got a blowjob during the movie.
I would have actually paid to see it if the girl who cleaned the theatre afterwards did that. :D

On a related note, the credits ran quite a while. I can't believe there were so many people involved in making this poo poo. 1.5. :mad:

Self-whoring PS: The official review on my site. Whoring over.

BobDoleBobDole
Feb 26, 2004

The future is scary.
I went in expecting a lot of Alien and Predator fighting, which was not what I got.

It seemed like most of the movie was just people walking around with a little bit of fighting, and mediocre at that.

I was disappointed when the chick didnt make out with the Predator.

.5/5

Mark Hamill
Jul 26, 2004
i went to colorado and all i got was insanity
there is nothing special about this movie, it's just rubbish. it seems that the people that worked on this movie did everything in thier power to make AVP the next teen blockbuster, giving it no content and a horrible plot (imagine that).
i don't mind the usual brainless action movie, but this one was just stupid. a shame to the comic book.

1/5

Spram
Jul 7, 2004

Just chillin' with the monkey's in their lake, smoking some fuzzies...
I think it was ok. I'm not a big fan of any of the monsters/movies but I think that there were too few Predators in the first place and most people and two of the predators die too quickly.

And I dont know why the chick and the Predator didn't kiss. I mean, all that build-up for nothing.

3.5/5

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello
It was pretty bad, but I was lucky enough to see it with an audience that was in the right mood, which made the experience a little better. Parts of it were too much like Stargate, but there were a couple nice references to the older films thrown into the mix. The characters were all really forgettable though, which I guess is pretty standard operating procedure for Anderson at this point.

The best part was the trailer for Shaun of the Dead.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jesus, and when the Face Hugger jumped out for the first time.. THEY DID A loving MATRIX SHOT.. where it paused and the camera rotated .. I laughed out loud.

quote:

danthemitchell came out of the closet to say:

Yep.

Rick James, M.D.
May 6, 2004
I wish I had more hands so I could give those titties four thumbs down!
Bought the Predator DVD today and got the free AVP ticket. I was expecting a lovely but entertaining film.

It was a train wreck, the worst plot, horrific acting, and my god the fight scenes were ridiculously pathetic. The only good thing that happened today for me was getting the predator DVD. I’ll be watching predator 1 and 2 tomorrow with a few friends.

AVP = 0.1/5 (I gave 0.1 for the title of the film)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I will never understand the techniques of modern action film making, and how people think they make a good movie. A) Use bullet time for EVERYTHING you can. B) Make things very dark and make the camera shake so much that it's impossible to make out what is going on. If you can't direct a fight scene well enough that you must shake the screen constantly to keep people from noticing it, then it's time to quit your job.

Furthor, 30-45 minutes of build up is too much for an action movie, which I'm guessing was what this was supposed to be. I don't really care about these people, because they are all going to die anyway.

On the Commando scale of action movies, I rate this -5/1,000,000. However, on non-Arnold based scaling I rate it 2/5 for mild entertainment, and the fact the movie did not physically harm me to watch.

that bear
Jul 24, 2000

i need a spotter
What do you get when you mix two film franchises based on badass heroes, unstoppable monsters, and buckets of gore?

A huge steaming pile of poo poo, apparently. There were plot holes in this movie big enough that Paul W.S. Anderson's complete and utter failure as a human being could fit through them. The acting is abysmal, the script is atrocious, the action is poorly-edited and all-too-brief. The film fails to terrify like a good Alien movie and doesn't provide enough action like a good Predator movie. Even the spectacular special effects can't gloss over the lovely framework that holds this disasterpiece together.

AVP is the feel-good comedy of the year.

0.5/5

Jagen
Jul 17, 2003
I liked this movie, however I thought it needed more Alien vs Predator action and a LOT LESS of the human aspect of the movie. I expected more of the fight verses them, there wasn't enough and I was slightly disappointed. Although that was disappointing, I still enjoyed the movie. It could have been a lot better and it could have been a lot worse.

I thought it was retarded that they were able to understand those hieroglyphics perfectly... as far as I know there is no one alive that can perfectly translate them like that.

Also, the ending battle reminded me of Jurassic Park... that was disappointing.

The predalien was cool, it leaves room for a sequel. I am guessing that the sequel will be even worse if they have one.

The movie was average; I don't think it's as bad as people say. It's not a well done movie but I don't think it was a terrible movie. I believe the low rankings are low because people went into it with high expectations and were let down. The movie was still okay.

Rating: 3/5

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
It was average. Was it a shitfest? No. Was it fantastic? No, mainly due to... you guessed it, directing and editing.

The movie ended in pretty much the only way it could. Just think about it for a moment, and you'll be able to guess the final outcome, since it can really only happen one way SINCE IT HAPPENS IN PRESENT DAY (big mistake, in my opinion).

It also felt WAY too short. Why did it feel short? Well... what do you expect to see in a movie called Alien vs Predator? It doesn't seem like you get a whole lot of it. And the little fighting you do get, it cut so poorly you simply CANNOT tell what it going on half the time due to the cut-every-second and the mixing of the speed/slow cams. The two second "fights" don't suffer from this, but any actual fight does. I know some of it can be blamed on a PG13, but it really annoyed me.

The actors themselves did fine, even tough ice lady seemed fine to me. Story was... ok... well, it could've been a little better. But it sufficed. In order for me to expound more, here's the spoiler talk!

I haven't read through this thread, so forgive me if some of this has been mentioned before.

The little things:
1. Not once in the entire movie did someone have vapored breath. Details like this stick out to me like a sore thumb. Not to mention warrior woman, in her parting scene, is wearing a single layer low cut shirt, outside, and seems to be perfectly comfortable. Where does this take place? Oh, I forgot, ANTARCTICA.

2. Aliens had way, way too short of a growth time. From laid egg to full alien in a matter of... HOURS? Although no movie has ever specifically said how long it takes, Alien seems to suggest days, Aliens seems to suggest weeks. I realize with the story they used, they couldn't keep us waiting, but this detail also bugged me.

3. Overall, Predators seemed slightly silly to me, but I'll be fair. I imagine most people hate these, but I actually liked the new mask design, and the new mouths (we only saw two pred faces, so I'd bet that each one is unique, fair enough.) Aliens, however, I really liked. Even when they were CG (I think the wall crawls were CG) I liked them. They moved like they should. Even though the queen was humongous, I liked her too. Too bad she got the cement shoes- I almost think it would be fitting to have her somehow die by the ice drill that never got used.

4. That head shield was silly. It was so silly, I almost wonder why it was put in, since it was never used that I can recall.

5. I got annoyed by the frequent "vector maps zooming in to people heat signals." Paul, how many movies do you need to have this in? I was waiting for the holographic child to show up.

6. The sled ride. Two problems. One, there's no way a mechanism like that could pull that fast. And two, how did they conveiently not smack into it at the top, and it also didn't appear to be connected in the first place? I'm assuming the sled was being pulled up by the steel cable mechanism- if I'm wrong than I did honestly miss something.

7. I was pleasantly suprised by butch chick being offed first. The most annoying ones usually stick around for a while.

3/5

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Puck warned me about this on the Goontown forums, and I've just got to say:

He is so, so right.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous and preposterious thing I have ever seen in my entire life. The part where the alien makes the shield for Black Xena had myself and the entire audience laughing to tears because it was so stupid. Then when she tried to fight the Alien Queen with the spear? Are you retarded? The thing is 30 feet tall and just stabbed the 8 foot beast protecting you.

The only cool scene was the slo-mo reverse stab by the nearly dead Predator through Mother Aliens head. I was "Oh shi..." on that one

1/5. I dont recommend this to anyone unless you are up for a barrel full of laughs (Oscar for best comedy, perhaps?).

Mr. Glorious Sunbath
Jan 7, 2004

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful LMBO.
If you like the AvP universe, this movie offers a lot of cool things. Its plot is subpar, its characters unmemorable, but the action is plenty cool, and seeing aliens and predators again after a while is nice.

About the only thing I disliked was the shot of the girl and predator running from the flames.

This movie need an extra half an hour devoted to the following:
Either:
1. More AvP fights
2. More character interaction so we care about them.

3/5 as a fan of AvP
1/5 objectively. If this movie starred two non Alien or Predator monsters duking it out I would have hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

quote:

danthemitchell came out of the closet to say:
Ugh. That and all the other trailers looked like poo poo. To me, anyway.