Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Directed by: Peyton Reed
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Renee Zellweger, David Hyde Pierce

"An homage to the early 1960s sex comedies that starred Rock Hudson and Doris Day. The story follows a best-selling female advice author (Zellweger) who has all the answers until a sly journalist playboy (McGregor) starts asking the questions."

I was dreading this as my wife bought it. I've never been a fan of this genre but was very suprised by the amount of fun I had watching it. The whole thing is meant to be over the top and charming, and I feel that it accomplishes this while keeping you entertained the whole time. It will probably add a lot more the enjoyment of the movie if you watch it with a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend.

RATING: 4

PROS: Not the usual romantic comedy, Good cast, Fun watch
CONS: The style of the movie might not appeal to everyone

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309530/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeRustfield
Aug 6, 2004
SEE THIS MOVIE!

I know it looks like more gayness than a Cher/Streissand tour, but it's not. The trailer was obscenely bad. It has nothing about what the movie is.

It's an incredibly smart movie and has lots of subversion and innuendo. I rented it a while back just because it got such good reviews and I felt it was my obligation. Had a great time. Laughed out loud.

Went on a bit too long. It's STILL a romcom. Some of the characters are less than flat. But these are small concerns.

Definately a 4+ so 4.5

Irony
Feb 28, 2004

Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two, and he thinks he's God.
I've recommended this to friends ever since I saw it in the theater, and no one has ever been disappointed. It is cute, harmless, inoffensive, and funny. Ewan MacGregor is hilariously earnest in his role, and the modern "liberation" twist of the plot gives it extra innuendoed oomph.

Voted 4.5.

Bathing Poodle
Nov 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl
This movie is very smart and funny. I was really surprised when I saw it, since the trailer makes it look like a retarded Reese Witherspoon shitfest. And Ewan McGregor is the best player/Rico Suave since Cary Grant.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

(how come a search for "Down" comes up with nothing, but a search for "Love" is successful?)

Very cute and clever. I laughed a lot. Didn't once hate any of the characters, didn't once sigh in exasperation. Good times. Rating: 4