Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Directed by: Steven Brill
Starring: Seth Green, Dax Shepard, Matthew Lillard

This movie is another one of those we see from Hollywood every year, where they advertise it as a hilarious comedy, and they show you some mildly entertaining gags in the trailers and tv spots. Then, you see it and realize that those mildly entertaining moments in the advertisements were the only moments of comedy in the entire movie. The rest is spent on lame attempts at comedy, and on pathetic attempts to be serious and heartwarmingly ... whatever.

The characters magically find themselves or some poo poo, blah blah blah. This movie wants to be hilarious like an old Adam Sandler movie, but it also wants to be endearing like a new Adam Sandler movie. Only, without Adam Sandler, without any talent in anyone related to the production other than Seth Green, and without any compelling storyline. The entire plot is an excuse to get the characters to go on this unfunny journey into the woods, and then we're reminded of their ultimate goal only at the end of the journey, whereupon a bunch of stupid poo poo happens and everything gets wrapped up at the end with a bunch of stupid poo poo.

It gets a 2 for the impersonation of C-3PO, which consists of about 30 seconds total out of the entire film.

RATING: 2

PROS: Seth Green's C-3PO impression
CONS: The rest of the movie

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0364751/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeaningFizz
Apr 9, 2003

It's a good date movie, but not really worth seeing otherwise. Not "White Chicks" bad, but not "Harold and Kumar" good either. While it wasn't super funny, it was entertaining enough to make me feel as though I didn't waste my money.

3/5.

scaryguy
Sep 28, 2003

"I like these calm little
moments before the storm.
It reminds me of Beethoven."
This movie is so bad it doesn't even deserve a full review. Every time one of the characters got all sappy and emotional I almost puked. I was incredibly stoned when I went to see this and it didn't make me laugh once (well maybe when the guys randomly find a huge field of pot, but only because of how loving stupid it was).

-5/5 because I paid NINE dollars for a ticket to see this trash.

GAY
Apr 3, 2003
Seconded that this movies best parts are in the previews. The only thing that makes me happy about this movie is that I didn't pay to see it.

Crazy Dastard
Aug 30, 2004

"Typhoid, rattlers, and now drownin' in rivers? I think we need ourselves a new leader, or we're goin' the way o' the Donner Party."
This is one of the films that comes out and you know from the trailer you'll have to turn your brain off to enjoy it.

The plot is pretty rudimentary, Seth Green and his friends grow up, get lives of their own and are united when their risk-taking buddy dies while performing an extreme stunt. While going through their treehouse hangout they discover that the hidden treasure they always wanted to hunt for (and made a blood oath to go out and find one day) was heavily researched by their dead friend, and decide to use his map and research to hunt for it.

Needless to say, everything that can go wrong does, and they soon find themselves stumbling through the woods being chased by redneck ganja farmers and all manner of crazy events occur. The humor ranges from low-brow to scatological and just...stupid.

If you do see this film, definitely get matinee super-cheap tickets, or wait for the dollar theaters. Maybe see it with a friend if they rent the DVD. If you spend more than $5 seeing it, you'll probably be disappointed.

2/5

br
Jul 22, 2004

br
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. It's filled with unfunny jokes and sentimental bullshit. I wanted to stab myself in the face by the end.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
I REALLY enjoyed this movie, I don't get all the hate for it. I found it quite funny, and there were really no dry spots. One of the better movies of the year.

4.5/5

ComputerNinja
Aug 8, 2003
What?
Pork Pro
I hated this movie. It seems almost like a bunch of soccer moms got together thinking they could write a funny movie about drugs and other wacky poo poo, but ended up failing miserably. "I don't have to run faster than the bear, I only have to run faster than you." wtf? How old is that joke? 1/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, although I am a Matthew Lillard fan. Some parts I didn't find very funny when they were obviously trying to be, and other parts I found drat right hilarious. "Dude, that sounds like Creed!" "I never thought I'd be happy to hear something that sounds like Creed."

I really enjoyed it, and I felt I got my money's worth.

4/5