Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habib
Jan 14, 2004
SHUT UP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
SHUT UP
Directed by: The Wachowski Brothers with the help of... somebody!
Starring: Keanu Reaves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishbourne

This movie has had some recognition, recently. It's more or less the same concept as The Phantom Edit from several years ago. Some enterprising geek has gone through Enter the Matrix and added a bunch of its filmed scenes to Reloaded. The result is that Niobe and Locke's interaction makes way more sense, and a lot of the impetus for the plot is clearer. This movie basically does the job that watching The Final Flight of the Osiris would have.

Past that, the second most obvious changes are cuts. Morpheus' speach as the temple is far shorter, as is the dance/sex scene that follows. There are a few minor elements that I miss (there's an homage to Superman that's been removed), but over-all this is a far better version of the film, and I say that as someone who didn't hate Reloaded to begin with (a rare thing).

The acting and writing are about the same as they were before, but by making scenes shorter and to the point, the Recutter (I can't find his or her name) has dramatically improved the pacing and the urgency of the plot, thus making it that much more compelling. For those who did hate Reloaded, I strongly recommend that you give the Recut a look. With the middle chapter improved, the entire trilogy is that much better.

RATING: 5.0

PROS: tightens up the original, adds a lot of needed plot elements
CONS: removes a few things you might have liked

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: N/A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU