Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloated Pussy
Jun 9, 2002

dont read my posts
Directed by: Gil Junger
Starring: Martin Lawrence

Black Knight has just enough laughs to take it out of the running for "worst movie ever". I'll admit that it did provide a couple small laughs, both of which I felt extremely ashamed about immediately after. Aside from a few blips of actual humor, the rest of the movie will have you groaning (or laughing, if you're MST3K-inclined) at its terrible plot, acting, and jokes.

I guess by the time Martin Lawrence was working on Black Knight, the writers had run out of ideas for his movie's plots, and decided to steal a classic fish-out-of-water story (which has already been modernized once before).

So, 50% of the humor is a retread of the modern-vs-old material (LOL no toilets LOL) and the rest is Lawrence's sanitized black humor, which is suprisingly soft compared to some of his other work. It's the same old jokes anyways... black people can dance well, are funky, and make funny noises that white people don't understand. Instead of 20th century white people, it's people in medieval clothes standing in front of a cardboard castle setting.

RATING: 1.0

PROS: Martin Lawrence is occasionally charming
CONS: Every bit as terrible as you'd expect

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265087/

Bloated Pussy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Seconded.

This movie is indeed cringeworthy at the best of times. Each scene feels rubbish and lacking of anything remotely satisfying. And yet somehow, you keep watching (albeit half distracted) to see just how frther the humour can go down the privvy.

Pros: Martin Lawrence doesn't have a gun or automobile.
Cons: Like olhado said.

Rating: 1/5 - Coming from someone who didn't actually mind Chech and Chong's adaptation of The Corsican Brothers.