Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AiryFaerie
Aug 23, 2002

they all come out of the ocean and its so magical
Directed by: Paul McGuigan
Starring: Josh Harnett, Matthew Lillard, Rose Bryne, Diane Kruger

Looks like a review for this one hasn't been made yet.

I saw this movie this weekend. Oddly enough, it was slightly better than I expected. It had sort of a "Memento"/"Rules of Attraction" feel to it, as plot scenes are out of order.

The basic plot line of the movie is that Josh Hartnett's character, Matt, goes out in search of a love (played by Diane Kruger) that had left him 2 years ago without telling him why. From there it turns into a twisted love triangle with Rose Bryne playing a really crazy bitch. I don't really want to spoil anything else for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I thought it was a decent movie.

I was expecting the movie to be awful, as usually everything Josh Hartnett makes is, but it wasn't. The previews for this movie made it out to be just some missing person suspense movie, but it wasn't. I liked the love story/fatal attraction feel to it. The soundtrack to the movie was excellent too. The only thing I really didn't enjoy was the fact that it was confusing at times and there was a couple of plot holes too. I only wish that in the end Rose Bryne's character didn't give up so easily.

All in all, it was entertaining. Not the best movie ever, but entertaining. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.5.

RATING: 3.5

PROS: nice soundrack, the screen cutting/editing was decent
CONS: Josh Hartnett's eyerows, confusing at times, so-so acting

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0324554/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
Just saw this movie last night, and your synopsis is much better than I could have ever hoped to write due to all the plot twists and scene cutting. Lots of plot twists in this movie, you really have to keep alert to realize what is going on. It started to feel drawn out towards the end, but for the most part I was completely into it. The raw emotion displayed by the actors was excellent, making it easy to get caught up in the movie. 3.5/5