Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Yeah, he's been assigned as 'viceroy' of the Alliance; the scene takes place on Heinessen.

Also, while we're here.. Franz von Mariendorf has a scene earlier on Odin (capital of the Empire), and his title is given as:
国務尚書 (kokumu naoga??)
..which I've managed to extract "Provisional Secretary of State" from.. but I might be wrong. He's just finished arranging a banquet, so maybe it's more like "Secretary for State Affairs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
Interesting...

http://www.iserlohn.com/logh-rw/index.html

(this is the LoGH DVD. Apparently they are re-doing some of the animation.)

Robot Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 3, 2005

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

quote:

Defiler came out of the closet to say:
Yeah, he's been assigned as 'viceroy' of the Alliance; the scene takes place on Heinessen.

Also, while we're here.. Franz von Mariendorf has a scene earlier on Odin (capital of the Empire), and his title is given as:
国務尚書 (kokumu naoga??)
..which I've managed to extract "Provisional Secretary of State" from.. but I might be wrong. He's just finished arranging a banquet, so maybe it's more like "Secretary for State Affairs"?
Kokumu Naoga looks correct. I had no luck running this through any of my normal Japanese reference sites, so I tried a few Chinese ones, and came up with one result for "High official". I think Secretary of State Affairs would work best. It doesn't seem to be a real title; when I ran a Google search on it, just about every hit came from Japanese LOGH webpages.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
There is some loving hard dialogue in this show. I had to listen to one of Yang's lines like 120 times to figure it out.
"tei no ii sa wa shumon da na"
体の良いさは宗門だな

..which I'm going to interpret as "Looking good is like a religion for you."

Defiler fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 3, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Aah, Alex-chan.. you sure can give a loving obscure toast:
独身生活10年で悟りえぬ事が
1週間の結婚生活で悟れるものさ。
良き哲学者の誕生を期待しよう。

"Things that take a bachelor ten years to figure out require only one week of married life."
"Here's hoping for the birth of a good philosopher."

wtf

Defiler fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 4, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Anyone want to help me do QA?
The subs are still chopped into more individual elements than I like; unfortunately getting that right is time-consuming.
http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/logh_55_test.torrent
Do not list this on TokyoTosho or similar sites, just in case there are errors.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hopping on the torrent now. I'll PM you with any correctable areas I spot.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Oh, I forgot to mention.. the encode is at the original 720x480 resolution; you will need to tell your media player to fit it to 4:3.
I flagged the MKV file with the proper aspect ratio, but only a few video players 'respect' it. Odds are that you'll need to click some menu option to make it look right.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
Defiler, you are a loving god for doing this. I can't say this enough times.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

Belldandy came out of the closet to say:
Defiler, you are a loving god for doing this. I can't say this enough times.

Agreed, I just hope CA gets around to subbing the ones in between 34 and where Defiler is starting from. No complaints though, beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Hokuto and Surat have both made some good tweaks; I'll link up a new script sometime soon, probably tomorrow. Still recovering from the Manowar concert I went to yesterday.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

:love: Defiler

Now it's time to remind myself just what happened in eps 50-54, since it's been nearly 2 years since I watched them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wow this looks great!

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
What is going on here?

http://www.free-space.us/madlax/LoGH01-26.torrent

http://www.free-space.us/madlax/LoGH27-54.torrent

http://www.free-space.us/madlax/LoGH55-86.torrent

http://www.free-space.us/madlax/LoGH87-110.torrent

quote:

Tokyo Toshokan removed its finger from its rear end to say:
Comment: Legend of Galactic Heroes Region 0 DVD. New CG Footage! Good english subs!

Is this for real?

Halverine fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 30, 2005

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

Man Loner came out of the closet to say:
Is this for real?

...wh...wh..what?! That can't be real...

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
Someone please please please confirm this.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

What is going on here?
"Error: File Not Found", apparently.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm connected to the torrent... it's ~250 mb mkvs for each episode. Seems like a helluva lot of trouble for someone to go through for a senseless prank.

However it's also going at a blazing 6k/s for now so I can't confirm much of anything.

edit: to download the torrent, click the link, then press enter after clicking in the address bar one more time. Seems to fool it into thinking you were directed from within the site.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

quote:

Robot Bastard came out of the closet to say:
"Error: File Not Found", apparently.

They all work fine for me. The only trouble is only 1 or 2 seeds each. This is going to take a while, it better be legit.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

In my opinion, the CG stuff is awful, but if that is for real I will be mighty intrigued. Someone who uses azureus please let us know soon.

edit: If it is, in fact, the real deal then it's a fantastic gently caress you to central-anime. Apparently CA has finally begun to make some progress again and this is just making them look foolish.

edit2: The fact that it isn't on animesuki does not bode well.

edit3: From the Central Anime forums "Those are the HK DVD rips with the new added CG footage and english soft sub." The subs probably suck.

Man of Wax fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 30, 2005

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

Man of Wax came out of the closet to say:
edit3: From the Central Anime forums "Those are the HK DVD rips with the new added CG footage and english soft sub."
Un-written addendum: "please don't quit on us guys we'll have the next episode up really REALLY SOON i SWEAR TO GOD i MEAN IT THIS TIME unlike the other 34,782 times DON'T STOP DOWNLOADING ps Touch! eps 402-478 are out now"

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

quote:

Man of Wax came out of the closet to say:
"Those are the HK DVD rips with the new added CG footage and english soft sub." The subs probably suck.

Hrrm, too good to be true I guess. If what Central Anime say is actually the case then the fucker than put that comment on Tokyo Toshokan about the subs being good should be castrated.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
Oh god we need seeders ASAP :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

quote:

Hrrm, too good to be true I guess. If what Central Anime say is actually the case then the fucker than put that comment on Tokyo Toshokan about the subs being good should be castrated.

Remember a lot of people are USED to buying HK bootlegs, either intentionally or unintentionally, so compared to some HK bootlegs they could very well be decent subs in comparison but still poo poo overall.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
Oh, PS: It's pretty loving funny that CA is trashing other people's subs, given what I remember of their work from the mid-nineties.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I finished downloading the first episode. The torrent is actually fairly speedy now at 80k/s or so. So anyways, on to the review:

The presence of Chinese audio and subtitles is a reasonable hint that these are HK DVD rips as previously mentioned. And unfortunately, the translation is quite lacking in many ways, although not as bad as those from whoever I originally got eps 50-54 from. Since it's obviously spoileriffic, don't click these if you haven't watched up to ep 54:

http://ca.geocities.com/olafkolzig@rogers.com/LOGH.jpg
http://ca.geocities.com/olafkolzig@rogers.com/LOGHop.jpg

And a transcript of the first minute or so of speech:

Long life Emperor Reinhard!
Long live the New Reich!
- Mariendorf.
- Your Highness.
- You must be tired. How's your first day as a Minister?
- I am sorry, please pardon me. Everything is new to me. Your Highness, how do you feel? I want both the celebration and ceremony to be simple, and it is just as planned.
- I think it's good. Those grand banquets of the Old Empire State are wasting the country's budget. Since it's establishing a country, we can't save on the ceremony. But it don't have to be very grand. To emphasis on this point, today's ceremony will be the guideline for the future events. We'll need your help in many aspects. Sorry to trouble you.
- Yes.

Clearly not translated by somebody with awesome English skills, since there are far too many literal translations and grammatical errors. However, it's still comprehensible. I'm not sure how well they'll hold up when the series gets to serious political dramabombs, since the subtletise of comments from Yang and the like may just go flying out the window... but it doesn't appear that they're as bad as those from subbers who purposely screw up names which appear on screen in English.

So in conclusion, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'd like to get these torrents if someone could post working links. The ones posted above are no longer there.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

Hokuto came out of the closet to say:
I'd like to get these torrents if someone could post working links. The ones posted above are no longer there.

I just clicked on them now and they worked :?:

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!

quote:

Un-written addendum: "please don't quit on us guys we'll have the next episode up really REALLY SOON i SWEAR TO GOD i MEAN IT THIS TIME unlike the other 34,782 times DON'T STOP DOWNLOADING ps Touch! eps 402-478 are out now"

Dude. It's episode 101. The last loving episode of Touch. You do not denigrate the last loving episode of an awesome series because you are incapable of waiting two more days for an episode you've already been waiting the better part of a year for.

And really, what part of

quote:

Heibi came out of the closet to say
We are at the mercy of our translation checker who has a previous commitment. When he is done with that he will send us his corrections and more LOGH will follow. Never rush the translator/or checker.

and

quote:

Heibi came out of the closet to say
I do have some LoGH to release in June once I actually make the translation corrections I received from Hiro. And once we hit the mystic number 60 in translation corrections, everything will go faster.

sounds like, "oh hey, we'll have new episodes for you tomorrow!"

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

quote:

eXXon came out of the closet to say:

I just clicked on them now and they worked :?:
Huh, I was about to explain that they weren't for me, but I went back and tried them again and they work fine now.

See you guys in a month when all these torrents finally finish. :(

Shrinweck
Aug 31, 2004

Wait and hope.
Just finished the first batch and I have two hours left on the second. Only had time to watch a random five minutes of episode two and I only noticed two grammatical errors (forgotten word, incorrect plural). A few awkward sentences, too.

Still, it isn't atrociously bad and it did seem tolerable.

Guess I'll just treat it like a speed sub.

Shrinweck fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 3, 2005

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ugh, after watching a few of these episodes, the subs can get pretty bad. And the fact that they get names wrong as they appear on-screen in English is inexcusable.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

quote:

Ugh, after watching a few of these episodes, the subs can get pretty bad. And the fact that they get names wrong as they appear on-screen in English is inexcusable.

Since things like this drive me insane I am glad I gave up on those torrents.

The only problem now is the continuing wait for decent subs.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

The next 2 are encoding. I leave again to the lovely desert again at the end of July. We plan on having a slow trickle of LOGH ready and the Touch movies ready for release while I'm away.
Ah-ha. This makes sense now. While he's around, he can just promise us jam tomorrow. If he's not going to be around to promise us jam tomorrow, we'll all forget about CA, so he better have something to keep us interested...

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

LOGH 35 out

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20eps%2035%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(a22ac27e)%20.avi.torrent

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Spazzle came out of the closet to say:
LOGH 35 out

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20eps%2035%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(a22ac27e)%20.avi.torrent
At last. At long last. I don't even remember what happened in episode 34.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!

quote:

Spazzle came out of the closet to say:
LOGH 35 out

I think I just came.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well, since I can't help myself, I've watched up to ep 70. Don't read the spoilers if you haven't.

So Yang's crew take over Iserlohn by Bagdash hacking the gibson and preventing Thor's Hammer from firing at their own fleet. Seriously, this is bullshit. So far the series has avoided appearing contrived, but this practically screams 'lazy writing'.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

So far the series has avoided appearing contrived, but this practically screams 'lazy writing'.
This would hardly be the first time that Yang pulls something out of his rear end and it just happens to be exactly what's needed to save the day..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

This would hardly be the first time that Yang pulls something out of his rear end and it just happens to be exactly what's needed to save the day..

Yeah, but the fact that they gave such a lame strategy for the recapturing of the most badass fortress ever is really irritating. If they can hack enemy stations by radio or something why didn't they hack Reinhard's ship and make it self-detonate or do a little dance? It seems to be descending from the level of strategery to just plain magic.