Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Just watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, I'm hooked. Its interesting that its anime but by watching it you can tell that its not very anime at all. But I must know before advancing if this is going to turn into a Death Note/Code Geass with JUST AS PLANNED moments, because it seems that there is a Light v. L thing going on here with Golden Boy and Yang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Finally decided to continue watching the series after putting it off.

Holy poo poo, 20 episodes in and There are already 2 civil wars going on AT THE SAME TIME? Then Jessica Sanders gets killed for peaceful protest?

I cannot wait to watch the rest of this.

bondster
May 6, 2007

2015 is shaping up to be a fantastic year so far with poo poo I want happening.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Well it's official, new anime adaptation by I.G. In 2017

bondster
May 6, 2007

Finally some more info on the remake

Well maybe not much but hey it's still happening

bondster
May 6, 2007

It looks fine to me. In fact if thats the look they go with to try and bring in a new audience to Legend of the Galactic Heroes (especially outside of Japan) then go ham on the pretty.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Fixed with a more accurate answer.

Walter von Schenkopp :swoon:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Found this in the related videos : https://youtu.be/I-Dp8MeW_nA (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

It's so perfect :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

YF-23 posted:

I'm pretty sure that scene is shown relatively early in the series and then just repeated later on. I can't remember exactly which battle it's on but I'm pretty sure about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37diFSm_vPA

I don't remember the name of the battle but I think (spoilers for newbies) It was the battle between Yang and Reinhard where in the end Yang would of killed Reinhard if Mittermeyer/Reunthal hadn't gone and caputed Heinenssan

bondster
May 6, 2007

I'm a little down on how they had Iserlohn get captured in the new series. I missed the whole bit where Schenkopp and crew were raiding the central computer area and doing what they do best which is axing dudes in half. On the other hand I was actively shouting for Schenkopp to stab a dude with that fancy pen and was not disappointed. Was a little interesting to get a small flashback on Schenkopp, was that from the Gaidens?

The most worrying thing right now is that next episode is focusing on the Kastrop Rebellion, is that really worth dedicating a whole episode out of the 12 episode season to? The only reason why they would show that is to establish the Mariendoffs for Hilda's introduction but she hasn't really been shown in the credits yet (Granted Jessica Edwards wasn't in the credits either, but overall Hilda is a more important character)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Cyber Sandwich posted:

I share these sentiments. More Wen-Li alliance shenanigans!

I forgot what happened to whoever's graves Yang Wen-Li brought flowers for.
I guess I need to watch it all over again.

Jean Lapp was Yang’s good friend from the academy that was serving in a different fleet in the fleet battle from the beginning of the series that got wiped out.

Jessica Edwards, Jeans fiancé, became the leader of the main political party that was opposed to the war with the Empire. When the coup happens on the capital planet, she leads a peaceful rally where the occupying force intervened and Jessica is beat to death causing a mass riot.