Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Good quality on these. The colors are much better and that weird shaking problem in some scenes is gone. Then again, the files are twice as large. In fact I'd say unnecessarily so, and why didn't they go with x264 for the codec? Oh well, can't complain I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Wonder what the chances are of this being any good? Regardless, I don't think I'd want to play a strategy game without understanding what the hell's going on.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Has anyone seen this? A new anime series based on Tanaka's other epic space opera, Tytania, directed by the same guy who did LOGH. Intriguing, to say the least.

Edit: same sound director and animation studio as well, apparently.

Ragg fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 6, 2008

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Reuental is the only real choice here.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I believe Oberstein was Reinhard's chief of staff, which probably meant that he was some kind of admiral.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zorak posted:

Stickying for a few days because, you know, what the hell. We can have two stickied threads telling people to watch LOGH. Sure, maybe it IS pushing something I like a bit too much but more people need to watch this poo poo.
I approve of this rampant abuse of power.
Edit: 1000th post! Woo!

Ragg fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 4, 2008

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Yeah. Especially Mahler, there's a loving lot of Mahler. His 3rd symphony is heard a lot.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
There's some good action coming up. Finish episode 7, if it's not grabbing you by then I guess it's not for you.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Yeah, I wasn't think of action scenes so much as... something happening. Specifically, the Iserlohn invasion.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Just don't tell people that everything you learned about classical music was from anime.

This is pretty much me, between this show & Nodame Cantabile.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This thread is now officially endorsed by the Whizzards. Piss out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Slaapaav posted:

One minor complaint: How the gently caress does the incompetent Alliance military survive a 150 year war before Yang Wenli starts to unfuck things? I have only seen the first 16 episodes, so maybe there is an explanation later on.
Presumably because the Empire military was equally incompetent until Reinhard came along.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Ach, disregard.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
All of the main arc is translated. Unfortunately the old torrent tracker died so you'll have to find the episodes elsewhere.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Pewdiepie posted:

I really liked the manga but it stopped getting scanlated a year ago. Does anyone know if its still going strong in Japan?

It is. There's over 60 chapters out.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Doc Hawkins posted:

This show will be good, because it will lead to more people watching Legend of Galactic Heroes, which they should, Q.E.D.

It will be bad on it's own merits because it's 2018, and also because some people will say they like it more than the good adaptation, which most newcomers will probably ignore.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The new Star Wars movies are bad, the new LoGH adaptation will be bad, and there's no good reason for either to be made in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

StrixNebulosa posted:

At this point they're free advertising for the original, and will hopefully guide a new generation into watching it.

It will guide a new generation into thinking the new adaptation is better than the old one, much like what happened with the prequels. Nothing good will come of it.