Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just want to say thank you, I am checking this out. I hate to pass up a good space opera. Oh, man, and the battles are set to classical music, too? I think I'm gonna enjoy this. :cool:

edit: ah hell, I must be doing something wrong...none of the ones from AC work :(

edit 2: nevermind, I'm an idiot. Codecs. I am enjoying this immensely and am sharing the ones I have so far.

Specineff fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 9, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else love the sappy ending sequence? The early one, I don't know if it changes. It's really touching, especially now that the characters are getting some definition. Uh oh :gay:

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

froobly came out of the closet to say:
I love both ending sequences, the first a little more. I wanted to do them for karaoke, but the places I've been have only had the opening songs, which I don't particularly like. So instead I sing them when I'm in the bathroom :(

Now that I have made it to the second season, I can say I have seen both ending sequences and I prefer the first one. It's really no contest. It feels like the second one is trying to be the first one, but it's not. (pseudo-spoiler)I get the impression that Julian is going to play some pivotal role in the story at some point in the far future, which is cool. However, the opening now kicks serious rear end, which is a huge improvement over the almost unwatchable opening for the first season.

I suppose my rambling about the show's opening and ending isn't terribly interesting to you vets. I am extremely pleased with the depth of the show's story so far (up to episode 32) and excited about possibilities it has. It's quite a change of pace for me from the anime that my friends like to recommend. So I'm pretty much thanking man of wax again and bumping the thread out of love.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

Belldandy came out of the closet to say:
Defiler, you are a loving god for doing this. I can't say this enough times.

Agreed, I just hope CA gets around to subbing the ones in between 34 and where Defiler is starting from. No complaints though, beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I almost thought for a minute there that I would never see anything past episode 34. How exciting!

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Regarding episode 37, did it seem like there was a change in animation style to anybody else? Maybe it's because I hadn't watched the show in quite a while, but it seemed strange, and well, crappy. But it's not like I'm watching the show to be amazed by the animation :)

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jesus, this just keeps getting better and better. I want to talk about it, but I want to finish watching it first.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just watched episode 82. :(

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

hova__0 posted:

I stopped watching at 82 :cry:

Yeah, I wasn't prepared for that. I would suggest that anyone watching the full series should just avoid the "coming next episode" segments, as they tend to entirely give away large plot twists.

I finished the series, and really liked it, but after what's been said already I don't think I have much to contribute. My major complaints with how the plot is handled have already been brought up. Still drat good though. Looks like my old prediction about Julian having an incredibly important role was pretty dead-on.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

That guy with the bread was hilarious. I hope we see more of him.

He bread guy is indeed awesome. Don't worry, he becomes a (semi?) major character.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I guess I've seen both, so I will answer: yes, the HK subs are comprehensible. I was really impressed with the nuance of the CA version, as it is translated very well, but I don't think you will lose anything watching the HK subs. The only problems with them are the occasional incorrect plurals, slight mis-spelling of names, and the

occasional strange line breaks.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Man of Wax posted:

Thank goodness. I gave those HKs a shot and they are awful. I didn't realize that people's standards are so low. Seriously, those subs are rear end. They are understandable if I pause and parse out what's written, but they're really pretty distracting. Plus, I really don't like the redone animation. I think the edits killed much of the character of the show.

I dunno, I thought they were pretty watch-able. I guess I really wanted to find out what happens with this show, and the wait was killing me.

I wasn't aware of any redone animation, though :confused:
fake edit: I watched the HK subs from where the CA ones left off, so I may have missed it.

The CA subs are great, however, and once I'm done with them I will delete the HK versions so that history will remember how awesome the subs were and I can hopefully get my friends to watch.

ULTRA EDIT: I went back and found the redone animation, and I was right; I hadn't even watched those episodes. The HK subs don't appear to have any more edits like that through the rest of the series. You're right, I didn't like the new animation overall, complete change of atmosphere.

Specineff fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 25, 2005

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Squisher posted:

Many of the episode bundles have only one seed and the U/L on that seed seems capped at something like 1 k. Hence downloading is impossible for me :( if any of you have the heart to open your torrents I would appreciate it!

Forgot to mention I got 1-4 and 5-8 fine but 9-12 and onward is what is going excruciatingly slow. Just as a frame of reference I have had the torrent open for 2 days now and it is not yet done.

I am now seeding 9-16 just for you because this is the best god-drat anime. I'll hop on the rest in a little while.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Uberfrog posted:

I suppose the set you're trying to get is 5-8, I just checked and the torrent is indeed damned slow. Since I'll be gone for the weekend, I just hopped on it and am superseeding at 64 kilobytes/sec. If the next set is equally slow just say so and I'll hop on it too.

Happy watching ;)

I will also do this if you need it. I got nuthin' better to do.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat, that downloaded fast. Must have been like 10 minutes.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

froobly posted:

Does this mean we get a new OP/ED?

Yep. If not for the season 1 ED, this next season would be my all-around favorite for OP/ED sequences, too.

Lay your heart down onto the sea of the stars...

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Daryl Surat posted:

I AIN'T KIDDING FOLKS

Well, the action is certainly starting to pick up! [ep 61]Does anyone else think that Shenkopp's little speach about preserving individual human rights is a tad hypocritical, considering he's killed about a dozen people in the past 24 hours? I realize that his threats are bluffs, but it really seems that the only rights he cares about are Yang's. Not that that would be out of character, it just bothered me a little bit.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Uberfrog posted:

Schenkopp may be Yang's buddy, but his actions are not so unselfish either, he also cares about his own rights. He knows that as the leader of the Rosenritter, his head along with the ones of his outfit would be the first to be offed if there's any trouble with the Empire, as had been said in the episode.

That's a good point, I forgot about when they said that.

I guess I didn't need to spoiler my post, but I didn't want to catch any flak. :shobon:

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I guess it's my turn to deliver the good news.

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 62 - Central Anime (f4c2ff36) .avi.torrent

edit: where is everybody :(

Specineff fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 26, 2006

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I am willing to discuss Julian's crazy flying kick to that cultist's face! Where do you learn to do stuff like that?

I'm watching through the series as CA releases episodes with a friend, and when that happened we both couldn't help but laugh. The angle of the camera (low shot) makes it look like Julian gets mad air and speed somehow, which, considering his normally demure disposition, came as a shock.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's time again for Yang and the gang to gently caress poo poo up.

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20eps%2069%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(545292d0)%20.avi.torrent

edit: Yang and the gang plan patiently and generally respect one another.

Specineff fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 18, 2006

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Episode 71 just came out.

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20eps%2071%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(68da8ac4)%20.avi.torrent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's getting to the point where we all might be better off not watching the previews at all.