Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Hopping on the LoGH train; really enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

One can never have enough quality space opera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

:cry:

Why don't they make anime like this anymore? This is fantastic.

No goddamn :3 faces, cat ears, chibi sequences, in-jokes with the audience, emo "heroes"...

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

I'm enjoying Gaiden, I think I'm just a total sucker for LoGH, they could just keep putting out backstories and prequels and I'd never get tired of it.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Hey, I found that there have been a couple of attempts to translate the LoGH novels in the past, both of which have been dead in the water for some time. I don't think these have been posted before, but I've avoided reading much of this thread due to spoilers since I started watching way back.

The most recent can be found here, the "Download" section has the first seven chapters of the novel translated into very readable english, with some forgivable mistakes.

When you open these, you'll be asked to supply a password or click "Read Only", which you should do seeing as you don't have the password :). Also, for me the document defaulted to show all drafts of the translation, which looked absolutely horrible, so make sure you have "Final" selected under "Review".

Another translation project which is now only available through web.archive.org can be accessed here, and has the first novel fully translated as well as the first five chapters of the second novel. Quite a significant body of work. The fact that there's ten books probably means it will never recieve a full fan translation, which is a shame, because both translations read very well.

Anyway, thought this might help satiate the desire for more LoGH, I know I can't get enough :)

I've also spent a few hours over the last week writing up an opening post for a new LoGH thread. This spawned from an idea for a thread-based LoGH game I was mulling over; there's a lot of episodes of LoGH, and a lot of dialogue, so I thought it might be entertaining to take screenshots from the show and create a new storyline. Nothing serious now, just people posting one image in response to the previous like:

Post: [Picture of Iserlohn Fortress] (to establish a setting)
Reply: [Yang Wenli saying something]
Reply: [Julian saying something]

etc, with "cards" to be played like "Meanwhile at...", "Three weeks before" or stuff to change a storyline that's stagnating like "IMPERIAL PLOT", "PHEZZANI CONSPIRACY", "TERRAIST SUICIDE BOMBING", "OUTBREAK OF BATTLE".

Might be fun, might be terrible, I don't know, but I figured I needed to write up an intro to LoGH as a part of it. If this sounds like a good idea or a terrible idea let me know.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

I rewatch LoGH at least once a year, but I'll never have that first watch experience again. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Love LoGH, but I don't see how they're going to sell more than a few hundred copies of it. Still, these are the people who ran ADV, presumably they have a plan.