Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!
Directed by: Brad Bird
Starring: (voices) Craig T. Nelson, Samuel L. Jackson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee

I just had the chance to see a preview screening of this film (and got to meet Brad Bird--very cool). It is without a doubt now my favorite Pixar film, and it is definitely one of the better films of the year.

I don't want to say too much at the risk of spoiling the plot. You've probably heard the basics by now, though: a retired superhero and his family have to come out of retirement to save the city. The animation is superb, just as you would expect. The voices are great, especially Bird doing a character called Edna, and Jason Lee as the villain. The story moves quickly, the action is great, and the film is just a hell of a lot of fun. There are a few great "adult" jokes thrown in, as well as some lighthearted social commentary. Basically, the movie is a lot more than your standard Disney story with a happy ending and a beaten-to-death moral. The posters proclaiming this movie to be "from the makers of Finding Nemo" misrepresent it; the posters really should say "from the maker of The Iron Giant and The Simpsons."

Rating: 5/5, because this film is everything it ever could be, and more.

RATING: 5

PROS: Too numerous to list
CONS: Nothing major

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317705/combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
I just saw this last night, with Brad Bird speaking afterwards. I have no idea why they're doing these previews so early, but I was very happy to go.

The movie is fantastic. I think it clocked in right around 2 hours and I was never bored for a moment. The animation is breathtaking at some points. If you thought Finding Nemo was something, wait till you see this. Towards the end is a chase with one of the collest vehicles I have ever seen in a movie.

The plot is very well done and relies solely on its characters rather than cliches or pop-culture references, like Dreamsworks always seems to do. There is plenty of humor for everyone, the kids in the theater loved it, but the adults loved it even more.

I recommend everyone go to see this and to bring their kids, parents and grandparents. Amazing.

Pros: Everything, and the trailer for cars.

Cons: The kinda wack jackalope cartoon, and Sam Jackson wasn't used enough.

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama
I saw this movie on Friday, and got to meet Brad Bird also. The film was one of the best films i had seen in the longest time. I just had this overwhelming feeling afterwards of how great this movie was.

The characters and plot all seemed to fit in, and it all moved so well, i was never ever bored at any point in the movie. Some chases were really quite amazing, particularly in the middle, but i wont say much more. Anyways, nothing ever seemed forced in the movie. Like YancyDCJew, stated, there were no cliches and pop-culture references in the movie, and if there were, none got in the way and disrupted the movie.

The animation...oh the animation. By far some of the best character animation i've seen in a 3d film. The mouths, the eyes, the hands,feet, whatever. Characters moved and acted in very believeble ways. But, then, everything else was amazingly animated.

Now on to the voices. Craig T. Nelson did an amazing job as Mr. Incredible. I loved Jason Lee's voice as well. One of my friends commented that he tried too much to sound like Mark Hammil, but i didnt notice or complain. Over all good voice acting, but its a pixar film, so thats no surprise.

Everybody should go see this movie, its as good or better than the iron giant.

5.5/5
Pros: Awesome character animation, voices, overall animation, plot, design, just about everything. Plus having Brad Bird talk to us future animators was :coal:
Cons: I didn't get my poster signed by Brad Bird, but at least I shook his hand

GreatMrPopo fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 18, 2004

squirrellypoo
Feb 8, 2003
I saw a special London screening yesterday, and was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed this film.

The art direction is stunning, and the first overall theme I noticed. The first portion of the film has a 1950s feel, with a lot of classic superhero comic references. Once the "15 years later" flashes across the screen, the look of the film, from the architecture down to the home furnishings, turns completely 60s. The island compound felt like an early Bond villian hideout, and I'm pretty sure this was what the art team intended.

Another aspect I fully enjoyed was the step up in "adult situations" from other Disney/Pixar films - we get characters drinking alcohol (at one point the henchmen are playing drinking games while watching mayhem & destruction on their tv monitors!), mild swearing, and *gasp* machine gun fire where there's no indication that the injured will get up and be okay afterwards. It's a great step for Pixar as kids are seeing much more adult situations on tv day after day, but I can't help thinking Disney are going to get some flack in middle America for this.

Overall, I couldn't find fault with the film at all - it didn't feel like a children's film whatsoever, the animation was superb (the hair in particular was an AMAZING step up from all previous cgi animated features), and I found the characters to be entertaining, funny, and downright human.

Pros: animation, art direction, plot, jokes, action, humor
Cons: I honestly can't think of any

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
oh hey yes a review would be nice thanks

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 22, 2004

Istarilord
Feb 6, 2004

You shall not
BOO!
I was able to view an advanced screening on campus this evening, and I enjoyed the film immensely. To tell the truth, I wasn't in the mood see a film, let alone a cgi family film, and this movie brought me out of my funk.

The plot was superb, not too simplistic, not too overthought. Pixar does a good job of balancing the idea of a "family" film with good old fashioned comedy (and superheroes). As squirrellypoo mentioned, they addressed some issues in a more mature manner than I expected, and you could really see the "normal" human side of the superheroes without it feeling to maudlin or contrived.

I would like to have seen some more character development from any of the supporting cast, but I suspect that pixar did their best, considering the film is already nearly two hours long. I would say this desire would even go so far as to tolerate a sequel, or even browse a comic book based on the movie, but I don't think that either are necessary or even warranted.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I also just got back from a screening of this movie, and yeah, it's awesome. In my opinion, it is easily Pixar's best, both in storyline and animation, so if you enjoyed any of their previous movies, then it is a must-see.

The characters are developed extremely well. Each has a very solid personality that is kept throughout, but their actions never get predictable.

I wouldn't normally mention something as minor as this, but since I really really liked this movie, and this is the only con I can think of...here we go! ;) I'm a little ambivalent about the ending; the scenes in the last few minutes had to be in there, to answer some important questions, but it seems a bit rushed and disjointed. This is probably just a factor of time. I can't think of any way to fix it, so I'll just stop talking. It's not a big point in the least, it's one very short scene.

It's a very entertaining, very funny movie. There's just no reason not to see this.

Oh, and the little animation at the start of the movie was cute.

5/5

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Okay, this time I have an actual review, albiet a short one. :badger:

I saw the film last night on the Disney lot. Holy mother of gently caress, do I love this movie. Not a single false note through the whole film, just pure pleasure from start to finish. I won't give anything away, but trust me, you want to see this movie.

Pixar and Brad Bird have done it again.

Here's a link to the film's tomatometer: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incredibles/

Any critic panning this one should be basted in BBQ sauce and fed to Harry "Fat Rolls Are A Specialty" Knowles.

On opening night, I get to see it again with Mr. Bird in attendance. I'm going to have to bite my tongue to keep from fanboying all over the guy, and I'll probably fail miserably.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I saw it this morning and, to be a quote whore, "It's Incredible!"

Pixar has completely outdone themselves. From start to finish, I loved this film. The moral of the story wasn't forced down your throat, in fact its revelation fit perfectly into the story. Each character was unique and fully developed, even the infant Jak-Jak. There was not one annoying character in the entire film. Even the villain was enjoyable.

It has many subtle jokes and nods to other films, Return of the Jedi getting the most obvious one. Much of the humor is geared towards adults, but it doesn't push the limit for younger kids. For once there are copious guns and deaths in a Disney film, but no blood and no on screen kills. This film is completely safe for your 6 year old.

The animation is superb, with some scenes actually looking real. Unfortunately, none of those scenes had living things in them, but their renditions of inanimate objects were peerless. The overall feel of each character is unique, without looking forced.

If you like comic books, or comic book send-ups, you will love this film. It both parodies and pays homage to the entire genre, and if you play City of Heroes, you may even appreciate it even more. I fully expect a sequel to this film, and I will be furious if I don't get it.

It should say something that the worst part of the film was the animated short at the beginning, called Bounding. Instead of Pixar's standard quirky yet funny story, it's an inspirational message about living life no matter what happens. It will definitely be nominated for best animated short film, but for once it may not win.

The Incredibles
Pros: Everything
Cons: Animated short at the beginning wasn't so great

Bounding
Pros: Excellent animation and voice work
Cons: Not as engaging as previous efforts

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

quote:

Doodles came out of the closet to say:

Any critic panning this one should be basted in BBQ sauce and fed to Harry "Fat Rolls Are A Specialty" Knowles.

Worked the screening early this morning with fatass in attendence. He'll definitely agree with you, he was positively glowing about the flick afterwards. (by the way, a good half of the audience feedback was "It's incredible")

I went into the movie knowing nothing about the movie except that the superhero family likes SBC Broadband.

I was really blown away with it - the animation has topped anything Pixar has done before. The hair on Violette was just amazing. I can't imagine how much time was spent rendering it. The animation, at times, looked like incredibly smooth clay for some reason. Gave it a really interesting look.

The story is sharp and witty - the opening "Mockumentary" part was just great - they just got it right. Super heros in the comics and such places destroy so much public property taxes would seize through the roof. Bruce Wayne must own a glass company to be so rich due to all the glass that's broken in a typical Batman story. I really hadn't seen the concept of suing superheros before and this was done brilliantly.

I was really shocked when the main supervillian first spoke... I had to stop myself from saying a nice "Ho-ly poo poo" while surrounded by kids. Jason Lee, as in everything he does, nails this role completely. Sam Jackson is on point. "Coach" is great as well.

They've really done it with this one.

balistic
May 3, 2002

Having seen it only last night, it feels premature to call it the best animated film of the past 30 years, but then I honestly can't think of one that's better. The Incredibles is among the greatest animated features ever produced.

Visually perfect, with amazing camera moves and a great score. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't either thrilled or amused. Don't skip this because it's a "cartoon" or because you hate CG.

This is definitely the most "adult" Pixar movie. People die, and mortal danger is treated seriously. The characters, while absorbing plenty of cartoon punishment without serious injury, manage to still be aware of their mortality, and that awareness is what drives the emotional wheels of the film.

The characters are perhaps superficially somewhat archetypal, but it almost seems like they need to be. Slotting the characters into familiar types lets Bird do less explaining and focus on the nuance of their subjective situations.

Hugely recommended.

5/5

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
every body in this thread is spot on. This is one of the few animated movies ive seen where during the movie i forgot it was a cartoon. the story and characters sucked me in and didnt let go till it was all over.

go see this film.

rating=5

Tiresias
Feb 28, 2002

All that lives lives forever.
Pixar continues to raise the bar with their animation, and I always go into their features saying to myself "Seriously, what could they really improve on?"

I was blown away by the visuals in this film. In quite a few scenes, I was convulsing with laughter and almost falling out of my seat. The story was well paced, the comedy was spot-on and the dialogue was very witty. Great use of the subject matter and I will definitely look forward to the prospect of a sequel to this film.

Go see it. You will not be disappointed, child and adult alike. I could probably go on and on about the visuals (as I really appreciate a visually aesthetic film), but I would like to say that I really loved how Pixar opted for visual style over attempting photo-realistic characters. Don't get me wrong, many of the scenes are completely engrossing and very "human", but they never went the way of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and compromised the animated value of the medium. Some of the mouth synching still needs work, but that's to be expected.

Spectacular film, you need to actively TRY to not like this film. It WILL pick you up from the very get-go and hit the ground running.

5/5

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was lucky enough to see this projected through DLP technology. If you have a DLP equiped theatre near you (north Texas yeah!) it is well worth the drive to see The Incredibes on it.

I was really, REALLY impressed by this movie. The voice acting is superlative, the animation is breathtaking, and the music puts you right in the mood for some superhero action!

This is easily Pixar's best film to date, and one of the best films of the year.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I just got back from seeing it. It's by far the best Pixar movie to date.

5/5

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.
Just saw it two hours ago, and can say its now my favorite Pixar film out of all of them.

The film looks absolutely fantastic. There were times where I just forgot I was watching a "cartoon." The writing was brilliant too. It's drat difficult to write a film that just about anyone from any age group can enjoy, but this one pulled it off (really, like most of Pixar's films.)

You just leave the theatre with a big smile on your face, and you're ready to put down more money to see it again that evening.

Rating = 5/5

Macheath
Jun 14, 2000

I am hope.
Disclaimer: I wrote this without reading any other reviews, so if it seems redundant, I'm sorry.

I went out and saw The Incredibles after work tonight.

First of all, I'd like to say that this movie is not a typical laugh-a-minute Pixar flick. In fact, I don't think I'd even call it a comedy. There's no Heimlich, there's no Rex, there's no Dory. Billy Crystal does not voice any characters. The closest thing they have to a comedian in the cast is Jason Lee, and he plays it completely straight. It's Pixar, so it has funny bits, but overall this is an action/adventure. It even gets downright dark at several points. I think part of the reason for this is that the movie's about people, instead of toys or fish or bugs. Wackiness just doesn't play quite the same way.

Jesus, though. This movie is amazing. As everyone and their grandmother knows by now, it's the first Brad Bird-directed Pixar movie, which means something to you if you've seen The Iron Giant. If you haven't, well, first of all see it, and second of all, what it means is that this movie has a spectacular plot with great characterization and real emotional impact. And really complex emotional impact... not just "oh no the little girl is moving away" or "the robot is going to be disassembled, awww" impact. The moment where Bob (Mr. Incredible) finds out he can "get back in the game" and become super again after fifteen years of trying to blend in and reluctantly preaching sameness to his children moistened my eyes. Bob's job as an insurance claims adjuster is downright depressing. The story of how superheroes fell from grace feels legitimately sad. Watching the kids discover how to use their super powers effectively is like pulling on a warm pair of socks on Christmas morning. (Or Chanukah or whatever. Or, you know, Anti-God Day for the religious-holiday-challenged among us.)

And speaking of the super powers, drat. This is really what superhero movies should be like. gently caress X-Men and Spiderman and all the other hero movies that have ever come out. This is how it needs to be done from now on. Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone have powers that aren't tools they use... their powers are part of who they are. When they swing into action, it's beautiful to watch them perform ridiculous feats as if they were second nature, without so much as a thought. They don't gauge the distance of a jump or premeditate a super punch, they just do it. I feel like Harry Knowles, going on about something so esoteric, but you'll know what I mean when you see the movie.

Jason Lee plays the villain, Syndrome. I was afraid he was going to be incredibly lame, as I'm not really a Jason Lee fan. But like I said above... he plays it perfectly straight, and it ends up being one of the best roles in the movie. Probably second only to Craig T. Nelson as Mr. Incredible. Both of these guys were just amazingly good.

I guess I'm kind of gushing now. Suffice it to say, I think you should see this drat movie. With the caveat that I tend to be overenthusiastic about good movies immediately after seeing them the first time, this movie jumps right into my top ten of all time after one viewing. Hell, top five. It's my favorite Pixar movie, my favorite animated movie, my favorite superhero movie. I'm going to see it again, maybe more than once, but I don't see that changing.

5/5 (maybe 5.5/5 but I'm a conservative fellow)

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!
This movie was amazing. Loved every minute. Ranks #1 for me for pixar movies, right in front of Toy Story 2. 5/5

Cadbury
Aug 3, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Let me start by saying that is it by noooo means easy to animate human characters, especially thin ones! The motion can easily feel stilted or stiff, without that appealing animation flow. Yet, Pixar pulls it off like it's an afterthought, and I'm sure it is to them.

(Getting GC nerdy now) The faceshapes are crazy. They have such a huge range, and the motion is so perfected that you're not reminded of CG when you watch, even close-up. The expressions are incredible. I love the little acting bits they got from Jason Lee to add to Syndrome - drat, I knew he'd kick rear end, and he did. Oh, and I love the look of Syndrome's chick.

The action scenes are crazy. I have no idea how the editors choreograph some of those scenes.

I think it will be even better the second time around. Really, this movie must not be missed.

5/5

NADZILLA
Dec 16, 2003
iron helps us play
Truly a great movie. It blends action, adventure and comedy as flawlessly as I've seen in a movie this year. The writing is clever, no character is a mere throwaway, and the small advances in effects continue to astonish. The action sequences in particular show how powerful the perfection of properly-utilized animation can be. The Incredibles also shows how bad Pixar had Disney by the balls near the end of their tenure. The shift to a more adult tone is instantly noticable here, and hopefully only hints at what they are truly capable of off the leash of Disney values. It alienates kids at times, but gently caress them, they don't deserve movies this good anyway.

Five.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
Best movie ever! You have to see it!
5.5/5

EuphrosyneD
Jan 25, 2004
Just got back.The short before it was great I hope it gets awarded for best short film, but I digress. It's another solid movie from Pixar. I loved every minute of it-the campy 50s-60s setup fit perfectly and even made it better. Syndrome's rear end in a top hat character and one-uppishness (plus the Goku SSJ4 haircut) was hilarious. I loved the various homages and cameos during the film (I must have been the only one in the theater to catch the Apple key on Mirage's keyboard, or the Euro key on Syndrome's-which appears to be an anachronism) The themes of the movie also blended well into the story. I thought, however, the exposition of the family's powers toward the end were a bit strained. Despite that, I give this 5/5. Keep running wherever you go, Pixar.

Pros: Pretty much everything, but:
Cons: Needed more Samuel L. Jackson

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can't praise this movie enough. For the first time in months I came out of a movie theater and I wasn't dissapointed. I'd go as far as to say there's not one boring moment in the film. Great pacing, and great animation, for those who appreciate that sort of thing. Just go see it. 5/5

Agent019
Jun 28, 2002
LOL, ONLY DUMB PEOPLE WORK AT MCDONALD'S
Get over yourself, douchebag.
I loved this movie. It had everything an action packed film could have. I however did not think it was quite as Incredible as Monsters Inc and I didn't leave the theater in awe like with Monsters, but it is still an incredible film.

This has by far been the best movie of the year and deserves to be Pixars best action film and third best comedic film as it did not hold a candle to Monsters Inc or Toy Story. This movie also ranks second in plot as Monsters had a better plot line.

If you have only two bucks, I recommend that you pan handle till you get enough money to see this spectacular film!

CallMeDan
Apr 20, 2004

I support my quarterback
I really didn't want to see this movie, I really had no desire. This girl who I'm interested in really wanted to see it, so I figured it would be bonus points if I just sat through it since she really wanted to see it. Wow, what a stroke of luck for me. I LOVED this movie. Alot of times Disney flicks get overrated by critics, but this one is great. Funny, action packed, entertaining, not too sappy but really touching on issues that parents and kids do go through it reaches out and touches anyone of any age. A really great flick.

5/5

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Awesome! Since Toy Story 2, each Pixar movie has been better than the last, and this one was *great*. Dash being pursued in the forest is probably the best action sequence so far this year! Well, most imaginitive, maybe.

The cons are minor: Not enough Frozone, and some heavy-handed foreshadowing. But every character is amazingly creative, even the baby. Even the two-bit French supervillain with 4 seconds of screentime.

Incidentally, did the rampaging killbot remind anyone else of "alien attack" in SimCity 2000?

The movie would get 5/5, but gets 5.5 for the Boundin', which played at the beginning. It was great - much better than "For the Birds" or whatever the last one was.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
This movie was awesome, I loved it. Go see it.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
This was, by far, the best animated movie in years.

Gripping, funny, touching (just a few times), and action packed.

Numerous references to old school sci-fi if you pay attention.

I'm sorry this isn't more verbose, I was just blown away. I didn't realize that a company could put so much detail and quality into a movie done in 3d like this. The scope of this film, and its quality, pushes the bar much, much farther up for anything that comes after it.

EDIT: Since everyone is gushing about the graphics too, I'll throw in a different bit.

The music was perfect, quasi 60s-70s-bondish theme running through out. Fit perfectly and really drew you in.

Voted 5.5 /5.0. I will see this one again, and soon.

FunOne fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 6, 2004

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Pixar always manages to pull out amazing films (exempting A Bugs Life). I don't know how they do it, but they always manage to make movies which are funny to both adults and kids and touching without being too syrupy. Pixar's films each get more visually stunning than the last, as well, and The Incredibles is no dissapointment there either.

The Incredibles is exactly the quality film that one expects from Pixar. Great voice work, animation, writing, music, its the whole package. There were a couple inconsequential lulls at points (which prevents it from being 5.5) but overall just really really good. Brad Bird is a genius.

5/5

Backstage Larry
Sep 20, 2004

"Unless you consider worlds coolest daddy a job."
This is a great movie, and quite possiably the best superhero movie I have ever seen. Action packed, great characters, and awesome animation I defenitly recommend it.
5.5/5

liquorhead
Jul 11, 2002

For a great action movie, it's amazing. Everything about this movie is fantastic. My only problem with it is that it's missing the soul of the other Pixar films. There's really no "pull for the characters" moment or emotional high point or climax, just a bunch of brilliantly fun to watch action scenes. Which is just fine. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 remain the overall best thing they've done, from a story perspective.

4 out of 5.

SirLoin
Mar 9, 2004

Let all your conscious go and blow it by the O
I'll keep the review short since I'm sure everyone has said the exact same things I could say, this movie was loving awesome. Every aspect of it was perfectly done, from the story to the mind blowing visuals. I have plans on seeing this at least one more time this very weekend, it is THAT good.
5.5 out of 5.

JimWK
Oct 29, 2004

Great movie. Only drawback was the 10 minute short about the sheep before the movie. It was pointless, didn't make sense, and slightly annoying. The Incredibles was the best of the Pixar movies yet, though, IMO.

Bloated Pussy
Jun 9, 2002

dont read my posts
Great animation, story, and humor (though I didn't think it had as many laughs as other Pixar movies). I didn't care much for the villain -- he was more annoying than sinister. The plot was a little more involved than I had expected and at some parts it feels rushed.

There were some missed opportunities as well, especially when it came to poking fun at comic book cliches, but I guess that might've been a little much for the younger audiences. Frozone was a pretty flat and uninteresting minor character -- he could've been a lot more. Still, it's fun and wonderfully animated, and enjoyable for nearly the entire 2 hours.

Mistegirl
Aug 19, 2002

I'm a lizard. I have a hat. What else do you want?
:sassargh:SASS2013:sassargh:

quote:

bishnu came out of the closet to say:
Incidentally, did the rampaging killbot remind anyone else of "alien attack" in SimCity 2000?

OMG yes! I thought I was the only one that thought that.

The movie is just awesome. Animation was great and the storyline had more feeling than you would have expected.

Nothing else to say that everyone hasn't already. 5.0

Slimjim
Aug 30, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I just saw the movie like 6 hours ago and let me tell you, that is the best animation in any movie I've ever seen! The effects were phenominal and the charecters had perfect voices for them too. The plot was the terrific and the humor was very fun and genuine. I thoroughly reccomend this movie to anybody...no exceptions.

rated 5.5

FreshTapCoke
Jun 10, 2001

The truth will set you free
This film was amazing. I can't comprehend how perfect it was. When I saw the previews for The Incredibles I kept dismissing it as some lame kids movie, but after seeing it, I don't think it was made for kids at all. It seems like the movie was made just for me! My girlfriend said that she had never heard me laugh so much.

Brad Bird is nothing short of amazing. I love him, but not the way that you're thinking.... I want to have sex with him.

traslin
Feb 19, 2004
Hooked On Phoenix

PROS: Maybe I haven't seen enough fantastic four, but I thought some of the way they used Elastic Girl's ability where quite innovative. I also enjoyed all of the quirky characters because none of them were annoying as they usually are. I loved Finding Nemo, but Ellen de Generis got on my nerves sometimes.

CONS: Nothing really. I kind of thought they let Mirage fall away at the end, but I guess she wasn't that important of a character.

BobbyHorsepower
Oct 23, 2004
Stupid newbies need the most attention.
I think it's pretty much unanimous here that "The Incredibles" was fantastic, and with good reason. When I saw it last night, I couldn't find one moment in the movie that wasn't entertaining or engaging. Craig T. Nelson was pitch perfect as Mr. Incredbile along with Holly Hunter as Elastigirl, Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone and Jason Lee as Syndrome. The character design and animation was real enough to make serious action sequences exciting while still giving an almost vintage comic book feel. I enjoyed it a lot more than Finding Nemo (which I felt was a little overrated) and I feel this is Pixar's best product yet.

If you're reading this, and you haven't seen "The Incredibles" yet, go now. Right now this instant. It's very easily one of the best movies this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puck
Jun 24, 2003

Another 5 rating here. The movie is flawless, funny, has great action, characters, story and of course the top-notch CGI we've come to expect from Pixar.

If I have to go fishing for downsides, I'd agree that the "Bounding" short at the beginning wasn't as good as most, but it's still worth seeing. I occasionally got pulled out of the movie by the music because I kept thinking "Gee, that's pretty spy-movie music rather than superhero movie music". But these aren't even complaints, they're just notes because neither is much of a negative.

Pros: Everything. Superheroes done right, Pixar perfection in creation, characters, story, plot, lines, voice-acting...

Cons: Short at the beginning isn't great. But it's not bad either. Music occasionally doesn't seem to fit perfectly.

Rating: 5