Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
Directed by: Chris Stokes
Starring: Omarion, Marques Houston, Jennifer Freeman, J-Boog

I knew before I saw this movie that it was going to be bad. The evidence was all around me, and I didn't deny it. However, what I wasn't sure about is if it was as bad as everyone said it was. The bottom #14 movie of all time ranking, and the constant poo poo talking about "You Got Served" led me to believe that it was more of a bandwagon thing, and maybe the movie itself wasn't completely terrible.

Well, I was wrong. "You Got Served" is an abomination. I was never at all interested in any of the charactors, amused by the jokes, saddened by the stupid contrived "drama" towards the end, the movie really didn't do anything for me. Even worse, the movie isn't at all the type of "terrible" that makes for an entertaining watch. No, the movie just flat-out sucked. Really, the only thing that didn't completely blow were some of the dance scenes, though many of the moves were extremely cheesy and really not that great to watch. Further, many of the group dance scenes were obviously not rehearsed as tight as they should have been, and looked a little sloppy to me, someone who knows nothing about dancing.

This movie gets a 1 from me only because I saw it for free with a Movielink coupon code. Had I paid to see it, it would be an easy 0.

RATING: 1

PROS: Decent dance moves, easy-to-ignore plot, isn't so bad when you're drunk
CONS: Is terrible when you are sober

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365957/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bozz Factor
Apr 28, 2003
This isn't the forum for joke reviews, thanks.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 29, 2004

Shady Lane
Jul 21, 2002

Chilin ( <3 C-Mart )
This movie is in a word, horrible. But since most people can go into this movie knowing that it can make it entertaining. I sat around with some friends and enjoyed this movie's cheesy dialog, disastrous acting, and cheesy dance scenes. It seems like the creators filmed this movie writing as they went along. If you love the MST3k box-office bombs then you might like this movie anyways.

1/5

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart
This movie is a classic. Sure, the acting, dialogue and "plot" are completely retarded (which made it a fantastic unintentional comedy), but the dancing is off the hook. Can anyone really deny that? One of the best dance-offs in movie history is perfectly accompanied with the use of Joe Budden's "Pump it up" for the perfect climax. I'm giving it a 4.5/5. Seriously.

:colbert: