Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Directed by: Stephen Hopkins
Starring: Danny Glover, Kevin Peter Hall (as the Predator)

I might as well say first up that I like this more than Predator 1. Predator 1 is not a bad movie by any means, and it definately has the most memorable scenes of the two, however I beleive that Predator 2 is overall the most enjoyable movie.

I much prefer the city over the jungle, and the setting reminds me a lot of Robocop for some reason, as does some of the over the top violence. The action sequences are paced very well and the movie never slows. The movie also expands on the Predator mythology a bit, and also features the famous cameo of an Alien skull.

They are both action movies with a bit of Sci-Fi thrown in for good measure, so I'm not expecting "Godfather", however, as a decent violent popcorn flick, Predator 2 is awesome.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: It's fun, fast, action packed, and also explores the Predator universe a bit
CONS: No nuke, no Arnie.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100403/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyb
Apr 30, 2004
heh
Yeah, I never quite understood why people seemed to shun Predator 2. The major complaint seems to be Danny Glover, but I thought he did a great job, and he's certainly a better actor than Arnold.

Overall I'd say this was just as good as the first movie, though I really liked how the first one was more enclosed and limited to a small cast. This one was too, but the Predator was lose in a city so he was free to kill a shitload of extras, though I do like the city theme (concrete jungle if you will) better than the jungle.

Plus this introduced the disc, which is by far the coolest Predator weapon :)

4/5

Hillside Napist
Sep 13, 2004

Piece of crap, action was lacking for an action movie, WAY to many cliches. Didnt live up to the predator name.

2/5

angstacy69
Feb 28, 2004
NOT PART OF THE HARMONY.
I like Predator a lot. This movie is a poo poo pile, unfortunately. It is boring, the gangs with all the high tech military weaponry are unbelievable, and there is no reason for Predator to come to this part of the Earth. It does not fit with the Predator character, and it is almost as bad as AVP. Danny Glover is not too bad, but once he starts fighting the predator the movie gets even more retarded. The fight scenes just were not clever. In Predator 1, Ahnold needs to cover himself in mud and make his own weapons and traps, it was fun to watch. Nothing like that happens in this movie. It is hard to remember the reasons why this movie is so dumb because it is so forgettable. I will watch it again just for you guys even though I will regret it.

first rating: 1/5

watched it again rating: pending

Big Boss
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, for when we take our road trip, to fantasy land. It's never frikkin' happening.
Everytime I see this film it is never as bad as I remember and it always reasonably entertaining.
That said it is still no where near as good as Predator is. With all the gangs and the Predator hunters in this film it loses the lonely, hunted atmosphere that the made the original good.

The only really good bit in this film for me was the ending on the ship with the flint-lock pistol and the Alien skull. Which gave the predator species more of a backstory.

3/5

Big Boss fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 23, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I liked this more than I liked Predator. Predator was an okay movie, but the jungle gets too boring and there isn't much to be done with the setting. Predator is definatly a much more fun character when he's in the city. One of my favorites right here.

5/5.5