Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax

quote:

ced_ came out of the closet to say:
Oh yea, but I was just wondering. As long as it has no copyright on it (and it was shown publically), isn't it considered public information? You can't just selectively say who can and cannot view it without a copyright, correct?

All images are by default the copyrights of their creators. In fact, all creative works are. You don't really have to register the stuff any more.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pamplemousse
Mar 12, 2004
i wish i had tourette's!

quote:

eric came out of the closet to say:
:( I wish I never clicked on your attachment.

i get around in a brown car,it's brown.

KidMidnight
Jul 21, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

fallnomega came out of the closet to say:
It's weird, if these were actually pictures of dead lil' Golden Retriever puppies ( :laugh: ), or something along those lines, I would actually be able to shed a tear over a website like this if I wanted to. Does anyone else have a similar attitude like that? I've always sort of been that way when it came to the connection I am able to feel for cute animals as opposed to babies, dead or otherwise. I'll probably be a lovely dad because of it. "Meh, that babies kinda ugly, hun, maybe we should rethink this whole pregnancy thing..."

Yes, totally. If these were dead dogs or something I would feel terrible. Babies? Eh who cares. People are a dime a dozen. A kid getting squished by a UPS truck will just get a "Awwww Dayum!" from me. A dog getting squished will make me all teary eyed.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

quote:

KidMidnight came out of the closet to say:
If these were dead dogs or something I would feel terrible. Babies? Eh who cares. People are a dime a dozen. A kid getting squished by a UPS truck will just get a "Awwww Dayum!" from me. A dog getting squished will make me all teary eyed.
Quoted for Culture of Death, or for PETA-quality commentary.

fraser82
Feb 28, 2004
Spoonin' the crapper.

quote:

DrMagus came out of the closet to say:

THAT'S ONE WHOLE SENTENCE.

My head hurts from reading those emails.

dammit, you beat me to it. Holy run-on batman.

http://www.transcendmagazine.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muskratlove
Mar 22, 2004

He could throw you down a flight of stairs, but you still would love him anyway...
Okay, so I know I'm incredibly late, but I did want to congratulate Lowtax on his soon to be shotgun wedding.

Also, elpintogrande, thanks to your wit, I have decided to name my first dead child Zack.

I told my mom about the Dead Baby Webring (herself having a miscarriage 2 years before I was born), and she said that it was seriously hosed up. She's a hardcore fundie, and she completely disagrees with them. Her reasoning: she had the miscarriage (it's apparently named Erin and buried somewhere in Fort Dodge, IA) and moved on. She told me if it wasn't for that, she would've never joined the US Navy, never met my dad, and never given birth to me (only child--"best thing to ever happen to me"--her quote). She's a firm believer in the "God has these things happen for a reason" category.

God doesn't want any of these people to obsess over their failed attempts at creating life. He/She/It wants us to gain something from the experience, and I don't think it has anything to do with learning web design.

For the repeated multiple miscarriages (4-14, as so often mentioned). God's message is that you shouldn't reproduce (I know it's been said before, but it bears repeating).

There, I've had my say. These people are martyrs, and just as they enjoy portraying themselves as greiving mothers, they probably enjoy getting zingers from EPG, Lowtax, and everyone else. It increases their martyrdom. Nevertheless, excellent work; continuously making myself glad I got an account.

EDIT: for someone with my short attention span, I can't believe I read all 34 pages. This would be a book I would surely buy.

I also forgot to put one of my favorite quotes from "The Kentucky Fried Movie" in here, as it pretty much sums up the can't-be-mothers:
"Three years ago our Johnny died. We thought there was no hope, but then we discovered the United Appeal for the Dead. They showed us that despite Johnny's handicap, he could still be a useful member of our family and the community. Our United Appeal for the Dead caseworker showed us that the absence of life from Johnny's body didn't have to mean his absence from our daily lives."

muskratlove fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 9, 2004