Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Directed by: Aaron Norris
Starring: Beau Bridges, Jonathan Brandis, Mako, Chuck Norris

This is a fairly rare film, that is hardly ever reviewed on film sites. Admittedly, this is probably because it's fairly average except for one fantastic, stand out fact - Chuck Norris. This is the perfect film to watch when you've just returned from a night out with friends and want a cheesy OTT film to laugh at. If you like Karate Kid, if you like action films (preferably starring Chuck Norris) and if you leave your serious critique stylings behind you, this film is very enjoyable.

Basically, Beau Bridges plays Barry, an asthmatic teenager who has problems in life from bullies, his health, and some teachers. He escapes into his own fantasy world where he and Chuck fight bad guys and get the girl. Eventually, Barry gets motivated to stop dreaming and start learning martial arts in the hope of eventually meeting Chuck Norris in real life.

This film made me laugh out loud a few times, particularly when Barry comes out of the water with Chuck ala Missing in Action.

This film is only available on VHS (sadly) so if you want something light to watch, try this.

RATING: 3.5

PROS: Chuck Norris!!!
CONS: Rips off Karate Kid a lot.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105402/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I honestly love this movie. It has all the decent action, basic story, and cheese needed to make a great, fun movie. 4/5

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
"What'll it be, Lone Ranger?"

"Milk"

i love this movie it is one of my favorites ever and it is really good to watch with dates i highly recommend it

Tony Italibado
Feb 20, 2004

by Ozma
I have to say that this is one of those movies I grew up watching. It's always good to see it come on tv now and again, just a good childhood experience all around.

4 in my book now that I realise Chuck Norris is horrible.

mynie
Sep 16, 2002

by HELLTANK
One of the gayest films of all time. Chuck Norris? What the gently caress is wrong with you, kid?

This is still an incredibly entertaining film and if you see it you should rent it and then pretend that you lost it so you can watch it over and over again. But I don't give points to bad movies just because their awfulness makes me laugh.

Oh, and Beau Bridges isn't the kid. Beau Bridges was like 50 when this movie was made. The child is the very icky Brandis, who makes me skin crawl like the kid from Silver Spoons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

mynie came out of the closet to say:
Oh, and Beau Bridges isn't the kid. Beau Bridges was like 50 when this movie was made. The child is the very icky Brandis, who makes me skin crawl like the kid from Silver Spoons.

Well he's dead now. Hope you're happy.

I liked this movie when I was a kid but it's lost all it's lustre.

I give it a 1.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I loved this movie when I was 14 and in love with Jonathan Brandis. Now that I am grown up and no longer in love with him, this movie sucks rear end.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

This is one of my favorite crappy kid martial art movies there are. Plus, it's got Chuck Norris, man.

I first watched it when I was a preteen, probably. I may have even seen it in theaters - I really don't remember. But now that it's being played on Starz over and over, I keep watching it...and I keep liking it more and more. I can relate more because I'm involved in the whole Martial Arts crowd (..There are a lot of instructors just like Joe Piscopo's character) and the movie makes fun of itself. Lots of over the top stuff in the dream sequences, but the movie knows they're over the top (Barry pulling out a LAW from his coat, camera looks at Chuck Norris who gives a "wtf" look), and that's what makes it so good.

I have to dock a point for having a Shotokan guy lose to Chuck Norris, though. How unrealistic!

4/5

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to think I was one of the only people who loved crappy movies. This movie has pretty much everything a movie needs.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

This pops up on Encore every couple weeks, and I enjoy it every time. Approach it with intentions to have fun, and you'll enjoy it.

"Awww, Barry Warry, make it easy on yourself!"

The Mic
Aug 27, 2003

Over the hills and far away
"All you gotta do is ask, Chuck."

This movie is fine if you are expecting something completely cheesy and campy and are okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mongostryker
Nov 29, 2004
This is one of those movies that make me feel gay for liking it. Thanks for making feel "normal". I gave a 4/5 because of Winnie Cooper appearance. And you gotta love the goofy chinese teacher.