Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Directed by: John Simpson
Starring: Lee Evans, some Irish people I guess. See the imdb link if you care.

I got Freeze Frame from Blockbuster on prerelease. As far as I am aware, it is a direct to video release, at least in the US. It comes out for rental on 1/18/05.

Freeze Frame stars Lee Evans as Sean Veil. 10 years before the start of the movie, Sean was accused of a triple homicide and 1 attempted murder of a family. The case is dismissed because the forensic profiler and lead detective attempted to entrap Veil into confessing to the murders. The profiler and detective make it clear that he is still the only suspect in the murder and they are convinced he did it.

From that moment on, Sean has kept a continuous record of his actions through film. His home is completely wired, and he wears a camera harness(think the cameras that people wear to show their faces on rollercoasters) whenever he goes out. He keeps a record of every second of every day of every year in an archive vault in his house. Suddenly, the police break down his door and accuse him of the murder of a woman from 5 years previous, and when he goes to get the tapes, finds out that the tapes from that exact timeframe are missing.

I'll leave the rest to anyone who decides to watch the movie.

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching this. Quite a bit of the movie is shot from the views of the various camera's that Sean has filming him. The ending was very good, and the movie has quite a few twists and turns along the way. Its very dark and gritty, and Evans does a REALLY great portrayal of a paranoid who's suspicions are confirmed.

I'd quite strongly recommend this movie to anyone who plans to rent movies next week.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Good camera work(lol). The main character was a great actor, as was most everyone else.
CONS: I really can't think of any. Not to say this is the best movie ever though. The fat guy really disturbed me.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0363095/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU