Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
While I hate to poo poo on this movie, because it had a good message, I just have to.

The dialogue could not have been more forced if I had downed it with a footlong bar of dark chocolate and then tried to poo poo it out an hour later.

Despite having a positive message, it also relied on ridiculous stereotypes. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry sometimes, but I guess since the movie pretty explicitly addressed only black viewers I'm not meant to know (Samuel L. Jackson makes a point of singling out the black players in at least one speech). Even though it meant to promote education, the movie also painted all of the educators as tight rear end dorks who talk in the "black comedian pretending to be a white guy" voice.

Ashanti looked surprisingly unattractive and didn't seem to give a poo poo about having an abortion :laffo:

Also, Samuel L. Jackson wore some of the most godawful ties that I have ever seen grace the neck of a man who wasn't selling government grant directories.

Basically, if you're taking a chick out anytime soon, pass this up and see In Good Company.

2/5 because they didn't do the goddamned annoying MTV camera shake thing the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU