Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrikerObi
Aug 1, 2003
SECharger73 hates sad reminders :[
This film is intense. It's full throttle pretty much the whole way (minus the first 10 and last 5 minutes for exposition and closing). It feels close, and you really feel like you are there in the film. The aliens are scary. Their weapontry (which I refer to as the technicolor death) is unstopable.

The cinematography is mind blowing and there are a couple scenes (Tripods coming over the hill at the ferry dock) that I would love to have as a giant poster.

Kudos for taking out the tripod like it was an AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back!

Cruise does drat good job, Dakota Fanning is amazing. The kid playing robbie is ok, though his character is a tad underdeveloped. I don't mind the ending. This is probably going to be one of my favorite movies ever. It's the new Jurassic Park, seriously.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU