Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I agree with SwissCM, in that it was sort of perfect in the way that you really only see what happens through Tom Cruise and his family's point of view.

Like, for example, when the aliens come into the basement. There was no huge dramatic musical score, no big entrance where the camera centers on these bizarre creatures, we see it just as Tom Cruise does; with a mixture of quiet terror and confusion as these things slowly move in and out of the shadows of the basement.

My only negative reaction was to the ending. I haven't read the book that it apparently followed closely, but I already sort of knew what was coming something involving the aliens being defeated by germs, but I'm sure several people might not catch on. This isn't a gripe saying they should've dumbed it down for the average mindless moviegoer, but it just cuts so abruptly from Hey Tom Cruise saved his family and everyone's okay to By the way? The reason the aliens are dying is germs. I just think there could've been a bit more exposition to that aspect.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU