Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovaHunter
Mar 13, 2004

Jack Bauer is my hero.
My new favorite movie. Spielberg has reclaimed his throne as the god of directing, and I will bow and worship him whenever I am given the chance.

The storyline was an excellent adaptation of the book and the end was faithful. Throughout the entire film my mouth was agape in awe. There is some seriously hosed up poo poo that happens in this film that you wouldn't expect Spielberg to pull, but he let loose. Then again, if you werre greenlit on the highest budget ever alloted for a single movie, you would let loose, too.

ILM did a superb job with the CG effects. Even though I know for a fact that there weren't 100-foot tal tripods wandering around, I couldn't tell. The CG was so drat perfect. There wasn't a single place in the movie that looked too cartoony or unrealistic for the storyline. The blew my expectations away.

Also, as an ending note, the genres that Spielberg goes through in this movie is an excellent mix. Action, suspense, horror, and drama. Throughout the entire basement scene (which lasts a good half hour), I was frozen solid.

5.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU