Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwedeRacer
Aug 2, 2004
Absolutely wonderful movie. Spielbergs decision to stick with Cruise rather then make it an action flick works perfectly, and makes War Of the Wars a chillingly claustrophobic summer film.

From the start we see Cruise as the rear end in a top hat dad, caring less about his kids then himself, and not knowing how to reach them. All that changes when he's forced to lead them away to saftey, with Boston (where his ex-wife is staying) in mind. He truely develops as a character throughout the movie, transforming believably into the leader his children need him to be. On that note, Dakota Fanning is one of the best actresses in Hollywood and she's only 11.

I also love the fact that there wasn't a huge battle scene - it really made the movie much more intense instead of the cgi-shitfest it could've become.

The ending really pissed me off though. I mean, can't we get a little more exposition then they got diseases lolz[/spoilers]? Plus [spoiler] the son should be dead

All in all I'll give it a 4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU