Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adidas
May 10, 2005
"War of the Worlds"......
Sounds really cool doesnt it. So I purchase a ticket to see exactly that, a war of the worlds. Instead what I got a ticket for is "Tom Cruise's 2 Hour Acting Extravaganza" Sure I saw some thrills and got some chills. But the movie was Tom Cruise....and Dakota Fanning doing a great job by the way.......and more Tom Cruise....and an ok Cameo from Tim Robbins.....and MORE TOM CRUISE....this movie was all character development and not enough action. At least with films like Independance Day you get a good helping of action with your portion of acting/drama/storyline that drags on and on. Considering one of the best action sequeneces was a military unit leading a charge over a hill.....helicopters shooting there full loads towards (the tri-pods we hope) and that was it. ALL YOU SAW WAS THE SHOOTING OVER A HILL.....you dont get to see the missles hit, you dont get to see the tripods fight back....I know why the son wanted to go over that hill, to see some real action for his buck. I should have seen Batman : Begins again.

2.5/5 (just because Steve did a GREAT job on special effects.

a side note: what was up with the aliens, did they have extra heads from Independance Day and just say, "well we can just use these......" lack of effort on originality definately drops this film down a notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU