Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungry Gus
Apr 24, 2005

Me an' the All-Mighty Puppet are gonna have a come to Jesus...
Directed by: Stephen Chow
Starring: Stephen Chow

Top hat wearing, axe wielding gansters dancing!

Unbelievablly funny fight scenes!

Wacky characters!

I laughed my rear end off watching Stephen Chow's other opus, 'Shaolin Soccer.'
So I had high expectations walking into the theatre to watch 'Kung-fu Hustle.'
I was not dissappointed. I would have never thought any movie could be funnier than 'Shaolin' , but I felt 'Kung-fu' blew it out of the water. (though nothing can top the scene in 'Shaolin' where Stephen Chow's girl friend in the movie goes to a make over artist and comes back wearing that fabulous get-up. The night scene at her food stand was loving hilarious!)

The basic premise is gangsters against Chinese ghetto people, and the ghetto people have a few interesting skills they use to defend themselves!
Stephen Chow's character spends most of the time stirring up trouble for the ghetto and himself.
The scenes keep topping themselves as the movie progresses, until a fantastic and completely unbelievable finale.

Stephen Chow's movies always assume a certian level of suspension of disbelief, so if you are one of those annoying people who always needs things to be literal, keep your poxie-ridden rear end away! However, if you like to laugh and can read subtitles you won't be dissappointed!

RATING: 5.5

PROS: amazing action scenes, hilarious fight scenes, and excellent characters!
CONS: nothing really

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373074/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jack.
Sep 1, 2001
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1398250

Hungry Gus
Apr 24, 2005

Me an' the All-Mighty Puppet are gonna have a come to Jesus...
Trying hard as I can, but I looked through all the Film Dump both before and after, and I still don't see a link for the previous review.
Oh well, I am sure the mod will delete duplicates.
Sorry for the inconvience.

Hungry Gus fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 11, 2005