Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jul 21, 2001
I am the other goon who has been working on this case.

We thought it could be Betz, but he really has no motive whatsoever, so far as we can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 21, 2001
The key here is, we KNOW the girl does not really exist. What we need to find out is who is behind it. We need a way to trip them up.

And then, of course, plot revenge.

Jul 21, 2001
See, the thing is, we don't know where the photos came from, just that whoever is behind this collected them deliberately for this purpose (note she has different clothes in each pic).

So we assume he stole them from a friend's webshots account, we need to find out who this guy is or the girl whose account they were taken from, either one would shore things up.

Jul 21, 2001

Haredog posted:

I am setting up this server as we speak

Welcome to the hunt Haredog.

Jul 21, 2001
While there's plenty to suggest Jake and co. are behind this (bday being the same as screenname, frequent mentions of Jake's friend's house and roommates) but there is a strike against it.

Ryan Betz has NO CLUE who Jake or his friends are. So it stands to reason there's little they should know about him, unless they really researched this.

Another conclusion we've come to is that maybe this really is a girl who has a thing for The Pitbull, but is afraid to say it outright, but that would assume she did all this trickery, and we all know girls aren't that smart.

Jul 21, 2001
Well the no smoking sign means Mass., Conn., or NY so far as the East Coast goes. What's the rule in Maine? In NH you can smoke in bars.

The boats in the other pic make me think it's an East Coast bar.

Jul 21, 2001
Well of course we'd love to track her down to personally tell her what horrible crimes have been committed with her pics and ask if she needs help getting over it.

Also, if it's one of Jake's friends from home or a girl that Jake's friend knows, that would pretty much clinch it.

Jul 21, 2001
Haha, yeah she looks like any other girl going to a CT school. But I really think that the pic was taken in a Boston bar. Jake is from Hanover and Franz is from Walpole. It is my idea that the girl is a friend of Franz's from Walpole but that's just a guess. I am currently scouring his facebook profile for clues.

EDIT:

HOLY gently caress, POSSIBLY HUGE BREAKTHROUGH

I was looking in Franz's facebook and found this girl as a friend...she looks A LOT like the girl I think.

Do you guys agree? I am now researching this girl, this would tie it all together (though not explain the Betz factor).

However, she goes to ASU, so I cannot get her info. Any ASU goons who can help?

32 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 24, 2005

Jul 21, 2001
We appreciate the help. Our goal is to get as many minds working on this as possible, to figure out a clue.

Also, in regards to the pic, remember the freshman fifteen! There could be a separation of years since it got taken and maybe she plumped up.

I've been scouring the internet for hours trying to figure this out, I'm off to bed. Keep the dream alive, fellow detectives.

Jul 21, 2001
I want to quell any fears by stating "we" and "our" earlier. I was speaking for The Pitbull and myself, as we had ben collaborating on the search before we decided to post about it here. Though he DID suspect me intitially and it took quite a bit of convincing to show him I had nothing to do with it. :ninja:

I agree that we don't have enough suspects. There has to be more people out there who hate The Pitbull and want to ruin his life.

Jul 21, 2001
It's possible KSwizzle has realized that he/she doesn't want to push her luck anymore, we haven't heard from her in almost 24 hours. I also haven't heard from The Pitbull recently.

The only logical conclusion is that his stalker has now found and killed him.

Jul 21, 2001
I think one thing everybody has to understand is that this mystery is probably the most exciting thing to happen in The Pitbull's life in the past 5 years.

Jul 21, 2001
She has refused to give her number or call The Pitbull, blaming the fact that she dropped her water in the Long Island Sound while boozing. While Fairfield does routinely have parties on the beach, the chance of someone getting close enough to the water to drop their phone in is slim.

Jul 21, 2001
I do not want to alarm anybody, but The Pitbull, an avid Internet addict, has been offline for several hours now. I'd call his cell to see if he's alive, but then I'd have to go upstairs and...ugh...stairs...

So I'll just assume the worst.

Jul 21, 2001
I like some of the outside the box thinking we're getting here. I will try to get The Pitbull to set up a webshots account with her pics to see what happens.

But really, Betz is the main factor here. Look over the thread, we KNOW it has to be a college-aged person. We KNOW it can't be Betz because KSwizzle has referenced students in the class of '07, years after he transferred out.

This may just be one of those truly unsolvable mysteries, like Stonehenge, or the the existence of unicorns.

Edit: Super Rad -- :ninja:

Jul 21, 2001
I am certain none of those other girls went to Fairfield. It is one of the snobbiest schools around, those girls would have been laughed away at the doors. There's a reason they call us J.Crew U. (Even though Abercrombie has taken over)

Of course, the above is not exactly true, because I was somehow let in. Also, to the poster asking if I knew James Z, I do not think so. You can ask him if he knew the editor of The Mirror, though. We did not have a large goon populace so far as I can tell.

And The Pitbull still hasn't shown up online, I'm getting nervous.

Jul 21, 2001
Both of those thoughts have cross my mind.

If he really is dead, though, I'll post some embarrassing pictures of himself in memoriam.

Jul 21, 2001
^^^^^ Thanks man, you were a great aid to this thread. The whole point of this thread is to make a fool out of the fag who is behind this.

We edited it to say "The Pitbull". While it is just his SA name, it is also related to his old screenname.

It's strange that she's stopped signing on during the weekend, she's only been on once since this thread started.

And one time, she greeted him by saying "Hey, goon." Hmm...

On the other hand, she may just be a normal college girl out boozing.

32 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 25, 2005

Jul 21, 2001
Yeah, the goon thing really muddies the waters.

But I don't know how a goon would get his info, he has a new AIM name that isn't in his SA profile. They had to know him to get it first, and as I said, there aren't many goons at our school.

This mystery really centers all around the engima that is Ryan Betz. This girl knew that he liked to ski, which she wouldn't know unless she had actually talked to him a bit or something. We reviewed the ski team's past and current roster and come up with nobody who would have a reason to harass The Pitbull. It's loving weird.

He will probably be very mad at me for posting pictures of him, but will have to accept that it's for the good of the thread. Here is The Pitbull and our school's mascot, a stag.

Jul 21, 2001
Excellent idea, we can probably nab the IP from Jake through a friend or something, we probably don't want The Pitbull to do it directly. We should also try to get Franz's as we think he's the one doing it.

For that matter, we should get Betz's, so we can put those rumors to rest hopefully.

Jul 21, 2001
Ahahah, I love that graph. To answer the above, no I am not involved in this, though I was the first one The Pitbull thought of because of my past Internet trickery.

I do have some things to discuss with him, though, I discovered some more clues in the chat logs, so we may be getting onto something. I appreciate the thoughtful discourse this thread is taking, too, you guys are coming up with some good ideas.

STAY THE COURSE.

Also, here is a pic of The Pitbull and Jake, in happier times.

Jul 21, 2001
Since KSwizzle has been MIA for nearly 36 hours, I figured that I would give the current odds on who could be behind this, to help stimulate thought. The Pitbull will hopefully put this into the first post to keep people up to date.

ODDS:

3-1: Jake and Franz (AKA Uday and Qusay) -- These two are in the lead because they have the clearest motive and access to the information available. It's hard to see why they'd put this much effort into something like this, though.

5-1: A random girl -- The Betz factor really confuses things, and it's clear that this person is college-aged. Looking at the chatlogs, it really seems like this is a young girl. It's possible this is a girl who wanted to talk to The Pitbull, but why go through all this lying?

8-1: Ryan Betz -- Betz has no motive to do this. Plus, he doesn't know a lot of the people referenced by KSwizzle, nor did he hang out in The Pitbull's house, of which many details were mentioned.

10-1: Someone we haven't thought of -- Sure, it could be someone we haven't thought of. But what motive would they have? It'd have to be pretty apparent for them to go through this much effort.

12-1: 32 -- I have a confession to make. I don't even know if it's in the archives it was so long ago, but in one of those "Post the meanest thing you've ever done" threads I posted about how I one time convinced a kid that I was a girl he liked online and lured him to the mall where he was publicly shamed, thinking it was for a date. But I was like 13, I've learned since then. Even though The Pitbull suspected me in the beginning, I think it's pretty clear I'm not behind this. :ninja:

20-1: A random SA goon -- Chances here are real slight, only being that KSwizzle mentioned the word "goon" and has apparently ceased communication since shortly after this thread appeared. But we don't know any goons who went to Fairfield and had been in his house and such, so that doesn't make much sense.

We report, you decide.

Jul 21, 2001
I just had an idea.

Kswizzle herself uploaded those pics to Imageshack. Is there any way we can get an IP of who uploaded them from them? I know there are probably privacy issues involved but come on....we need to know.

The Pitbull has dispatched an email, we're hoping a goon has an easier way to get in contact.

Also, here is another embarrassing picture of The Pitbull.

Jul 21, 2001
UPDATE: KSwizzle has signed online, The Pitbull is engaging now. Here we go, boys.

Jul 21, 2001
Wow, I like that research, Mannequin.

It's important to note here that Jake is online and not idle and Franz is not online...hmm...

We are trying the IP trap as well.

Jul 21, 2001
OK guys, poo poo just got REAL weird...massive update coming soon.

Jul 21, 2001
Also worthy of note is that Jake had not spoken to The Pitbull in at least a few weeks and sent him an IM TONIGHT, about a half hour before KSwizzle came on, engaging him in idle chitchat. Was he trying to make amends? Figure out where to go with KSwizzle? No one knows.

Update still forthcoming, which basically kicks all of our asses. We're either back to square one or on the final lap, depending on your point of view.

Jul 21, 2001
Does anyone else think KSwizzle is hanging out with these seriously busted chicks because of some horrible shame in her past or the fact she's really has a penis or something?

Jul 21, 2001
Yeah, Haredog, who trapped the IP, confirmed she's on AIM Express, which opens up a whole other can of worms. Is it because someone is already on their other name?

Jul 21, 2001
Very interesting camera data.

We're sure it's not Jake using a proxy because he doesn't really have that technological know-how.

Right now, all signs point to a girl who has refused to give her actual identitity, but there's just too many holes in even that theory.

This is perplexing.

Jul 21, 2001
To those who still think I'm responsible, let me give you the proof I'm not: I am LAZY as gently caress as The Pitbull can attest, my day begins at 11 with Bob Barker each day. If I wake up and the sun isn't already high in the sky, I go back to sleep.

KSwizzle IM'd him more than once before 8 AM. I don't even KNOW what 8 AM is from my own experiences, just what others have told me. Apparently it's colder than normal and there's some phenomena called "rush hour traffic."

But also, poo poo HAS GOTTEN WEIRDER YET. The Pitbull is still talking to her currently, but we decided to be proactive. She says her phone is still not working, so we said gently caress it, let's give her Townhouse a call (or at least the one she SAID she lives at).

So we have proof, according to the university directory that she doens't live there. When we call, we ask for Kate Stewart and the girl says "Um...She doesn't actually live here."

Wait...rewind...doesn't ACTUALLY live here? Did you mean "actually, she doesn't live here?" We don't know, we didn't want to perv them out too much. So does this mean that Kate is living there illegally like some sort of hot blonde hobo (I am coining the term "ho-blo" to describe such a person)?

We don't know. We just keep going deeper down the rabbit's hole.

EDIT: We have broached the Betz Factor with her. Info coming soon.

32 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 26, 2005

Jul 21, 2001
It's entirely possible she's an actual female who is interested in getting with The Pitbull.

It would be a first, but it's possible.

Just kidding, but seriously we have no clue anymore. There are problems with that story, but they are considerably less than the problems with other suspects. We thought we had this mystery covered from all angles but it completely knocked us for a loop tonight. We're planning on getting all the names she has mentioned together and coming up with a common theme.

Or it could be that Franz went to do homework at the library tonight on campus and logged onto AIM to mess with The Pitbull, but we just can't tell.

We will win this war, though.

Jul 21, 2001
Yeah that was a mistake...those should just be taken as more proof that

a) KSwizzle is actually that girl
or
b) This person really loving did their homework, to get so many different pics

Jul 21, 2001
Is there any way to get a chronology of the five photos and figure out when they were taken/with what? I don't know if that's possible, but it may help.

Jul 21, 2001
Yeah he didn't do anything with those pics, guess we can't get anything from it.

The other links are on page 5.

Jul 21, 2001
Wow Granos, I really like what you're saying.

On the other hand, you sound like an authentic Internet stalker. But I guess that's a win-win for the current situation.

Jul 21, 2001
That really is loving weird.

20 would be the right age for her. Is anyone else suspecting a "Talented Mr. Ripley" scenario where one of Kate's fugly friends killed her and assumed her identity by moving to a new school?

But when we showed Betz the pics of her, he said he had no loving clue who she was. And wait until The Pitbull's next update, she makes it quite clear she knows a lot about Betz, down to some sexual deviancy.

I don't want to sleep because I'm afraid some news will break with this event and I'm afraid I'll miss it.

Jul 21, 2001
That Kate Stewart is intriguing. Because KSwizzle said she went to BC and transferred and near as we can tell, no Kate Stewart goes to BC currently. But we don't think that looks like the girl in the pics.

Also, I hope there are UK goons along for this ride, wake up James Bond, because she also apparently attended school there and we're gonna need you guys to corroborate details.

EDIT: Also, I don't think she went to Trumbull, she said she lived in Greenwich. Though we are probably niggling over the details of a fictional person.

32 fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 26, 2005

Jul 21, 2001
I checked BC's site, there are two Kate Stewarts I saw, one is class of 2009 so she can be ignored. I assume this is just an assumed name anyway. But maybe it's a friend's name, we don't know where it came from.

Also, I am going down to Fairfield the weekend of Oct. 8 and will be investigating the gently caress out of this case if it's not solved by then. I used to be the editor of the school paper, so I can just tell people I'm trying to get info for a newspaper story I'm writing.

The Pitbull did talk a bit about meeting with her this weekend, so we hope that plan is getting set in motion. We have lots of friends who can help us scout this situation out.

I have the feeling it's gonna get a lot weirder before we're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 21, 2001
Yeah, we only know she was in Britain for a few years, so her use of the vernacular could be skewed, but it's still something to think about.

As The Pitbull said, our next goal is to try and figure out through the web of people she has mentioned who she may be. She has mentioned numerous teachers and students, places in Fairfield, and other cities and colleges. I think if we compile them all, we may have a chance to narrow things down.

One more note, the style of talking has been very consistent, so I do not think this is a group effort. If so, it is very well coordinated. It just doesn't seem like something to put so much effort into, from their point of view, which makes all these little inconsistencies maddening.