Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

I have a problem. I live in orange county and am trying to buy hevi-shot buckshot, or just winchester if they dont have it. Im 19 Year old And Every shop I go to That has it (grants guns, Saddleback gun store,Yeti gunsmith) Claims its a waste of money and birdshot is better for personal defence.They always ask me why I want to buy hevi shot for my remington 870 home defense,Like im buying some Armour piercing bullets or something.
Shesh!
Is there something against buckshot in the shotgun world, To me bird shot is like less than lethal, you use it if you want your attacked to run around after you shot him, If i have people like last halloween, Bringing out a rifle and shotting my garage and my dads leg (broke the bone and everything) I dont think birdshot will cut it.
Basically IM asking
1. Is birdshot ok for defence
2. Any orange county shop that you know doesnt give you a mouth if you try to buy hevi shot buckshot.
3.Why is buckshot like the new ak-47 barrel, its taboo.

Im currently at work atm, And dont think I could get my dad to show his legs on the internet...So no pics,sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

I was under the impression that Number 1 was far better than 00, but I wouldn't try to fend someone off with Number 5...

radioactivelego
Jun 1, 2004

only in the CPT

Let me guess, you went to the loving Stockade.

The box of truth proved that a wooden door could stop bird shot. It really isn't good for personal defense as, well, it's meant for birds.

Just get some buckshot at Turners in Fountain Valley or get some online via someone out of Orange County.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 15, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

There's got to be a market for filling your own shotgun with whatever evil crap you want it to shoot, like a slurry of nails and feces.

Millions Knives
Mar 8, 2005

They don't show anime on a daily basis in my mess hall!

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot14.htm

4. Birdshot does not excessively penetrate drywall walls. But it does not penetrate deeply enough to reach a bad guy's vital organs. Birdshot makes a nasty but shallow wound. It is not a good Stopper.

Use Birdshot for little birds. Use 00 Buckshot for bad guys.

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

Turners in Fountain Valley Thanks

Duh I swear the USMC and MArine guys I was buying from hate to give away buckshot.
The halloween engagement Im especting Is a gang that comes around ever chrismas ,in a truck and goes and shoots at everyones puckins. they use very powerful bb guns or steal paintballs or something since its very quite.

I knew birdshot was grips, they just dont want me to use buckshot
#1 buckshot is the best...but might as well use slug , I want 00 For its penetration off the stertnum, its like 00 buckshot is a bunch off 9mm rounds heading your way!

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Can't you just go to Wal-Mart or the hardware store and buy some buckshot?

Bovril Delight
Feb 22, 2005

Holy English butchering Batman.

j.e.
Oct 6, 2004

by Ozma

The real high-speed operators have dumped buckshot in favor of 12 guage marine emergency flare rounds.

RazorWynd
Nov 15, 2004

by Ozma

I just bought some 000 buck from wal-mart with ease.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

j.e. posted:

The real high-speed operators have dumped buckshot in favor of 12 guage marine emergency flare rounds.

Here's my home defense process:

1. Sharpen barrel
2. Load Dragon's Breath rounds
3. Insert barrel into intruder
4. Fire.

Repeat as necessary.

radioactivelego
Jun 1, 2004

only in the CPT

HPL posted:

Can't you just go to Wal-Ma--
California.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

radioactivelego posted:

California.

Oh for gently caress's sake. Even in Canada you can buy ammo at Wal-Mart.

theWalrus
Jan 26, 2004

forbiddenforum posted:

Turners in Fountain Valley Thanks

Duh I swear the USMC and MArine guys I was buying from hate to give away buckshot.
The halloween engagement Im especting Is a gang that comes around ever chrismas ,in a truck and goes and shoots at everyones puckins. they use very powerful bb guns or steal paintballs or something since its very quite.

I knew birdshot was grips, they just dont want me to use buckshot
#1 buckshot is the best...but might as well use slug , I want 00 For its penetration off the stertnum, its like 00 buckshot is a bunch off 9mm rounds heading your way!

Wait wait, people are shooting pumpkins with BB guns, and you're going to respond with "a bunch off 9mm rounds heading your way!"? Are you loving retarded? From your english, I'm leaning toward yes...

You're going to get the chair. Also, "USMC and MArine guys" are the same thing. Dammit.

thedrunkenpilot
May 1, 2005

j.e. posted:

I beg to differ

http://www.defensereview.com/module...article&sid=741

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

radioactivelego posted:

California.

yeah so whats the deal with this? I've been wondering why Wal-Mart only has bird shot.

Also forbiddenforum depending on where you are in OC Turner's in Orange may be closer for you http://www.turners.com/turners/stores.php

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

pretty much, unless you are trying to prevent sheetrock wall over penitration (to protect family members), 00-buck is the main reason anyone should be using a shotgun.

thedrunkenpilot posted:

I beg to differ

http://www.defensereview.com/module...article&sid=741

wow, just wow! this makes another reason to possibly look at shotguns under AR's

http://tinyurl.com/9nfe4

B4Ctom1 fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 01:37

Stinky FuckFace
May 2, 2005

by Fistgrrl

theWalrus posted:

Wait wait, people are shooting pumpkins with BB guns, and you're going to respond with "a bunch off 9mm rounds heading your way!"?

You're going to get the chair.
Yeah, if you're in California, responding to ostensibly less-than-lethal force with lethal force will probably look bad in court.

Now, is the BB/paintball gang you're expecting this year the same gang as the "shooting your garage and your dad with a rifle" gang from last year?

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Neo Mara posted:

yeah so whats the deal with this? I've been wondering why Wal-Mart only has bird shot.

Also forbiddenforum depending on where you are in OC Turner's in Orange may be closer for you http://www.turners.com/turners/stores.php

It's dependant on the store, The three walmarts local to me stock all kinds of shot.

In any state, responding to less-than-lethal agression (KNOWN fully to you as less than lethal) will land you on attempted murder charges, not just Ca.

dw33b
Apr 9, 2001

If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

voodoorootbeer posted:

[...]Dragon's Breath rounds[...]
I thought that poo poo was an Urban Legend?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

radioactivelego posted:

California.

I think it has to do with you guys living in LA/Orange County. Here in Ventura County I have bought several boxes of buckshot as well as slugs from Walmart.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

ZeroFate
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma

dw33b posted:

I thought that poo poo was an Urban Legend?

Nope. Cycled some through the old man's AOW. It's like a tiny one-shot flamethrower.
Or those fireball-shooting Super Scopes from that godawful Mario Brothers movie.

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

1. Sharpen barrel
2. Load Dragon's Breath rounds
3. Insert barrel into intruder
4. Fire.

Sharpen barrels whats that?you mean adjust the end choke?

-I have very poor english, Not everyone Is good at english you know.I can also tell whats wrong due to my english knowledge(full college prep) But have no clue how to fix it, I run into a brain stump.My names William Freund(check that old gas thread I made I think I left my drivers license on a pic there),Talking like boris Is fine for me.I already Know im not worthy off SA with my grammer and english but this is the firearms forum,And I think the buckshot that has dissapeared is a important problem...I would have bought a One of the secuirty sites camera appeartus and put it around the house.[b/]

-voodoorootbeer-I couldnt buy dragons breath Because I was not 21.. But boy those aerial Bursting HE+OC tear gas rounds and pirhinna round are nice.

My family have been serouslly injured by these gangs that come around and Nobody has ever seen them, we just assume there in a truck, get out and snipe pumpkins and run off. Check the orange county sheriff and you might find reports from last halloween off these guns.
-There is no noise and no ammunition to be found besides a bunch off dark dust.thus no protection... besides the police warning to stay inside (Yes i know but its been a family tradition to give out candy)

I do not want buckshot, I want the best, Hevi-shot buckshot^^ I might as well make my own if I were to ever use the dreaded paper +paper wad blackpowder/old nitro smokeless shells.
-theWalrus- BB guns/paint ball guns, Airsoft. I have a 1000Fps Bb gun that can shoot jsf expanders right through level II body armour and go strait into a stone wall behind it.My vsr2(airsoft) Has enough strength to break clay targets 150 feet a way, impressive for a plastic item(yes the plastic bb no steal shot)... It shoot 600fps.I have no clue what people are useing, who knows could be a high powered laser but Its defently lethal,And Im out for revenge...Or else I wouldnt have bought a shotgun just for these fools that come around halloeves

-B4Ctom1- Got one ^^ I thought aerial explosives were bad
-RazorWyndAll- walmarts and costco's within 50 miles off mission viejo Do not have anything but handgun ammo,From my memory serves me right.They carry bb guns without cleaning kits and no real weapons whatsover I personally Was going to do the ammo buyout for walmarts but they dont carry any packs, just handgun ammo so its fruitless....Check for yourself if you live there irvine and aliso viejo/laguna hills.There use to be guns in my walmart at mission but they changed and put a sports secytion there...Its like guns=End of world,Cant even buy diabetic supplies over the counter like you use to..the needles might be used for a act of blood drawing,or you could draw to much blood..I dont understand wally wolrds logic

Edited because the forum didnt like my ascii bullets

forbiddenforum fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 05:57

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Ummm... ok

edit: Any buckshot will do... Being caught up on brand name is generally dumb. Also, while I may not have the best grammar nor spelling on the internet, taking a few seconds to proof read what you have written would really be helpful to anybody who reads your posts.

TCD fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 06:32

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Bear Witness

forbiddenforum posted:

-I have very poor english, Not everyone Is good at english you know.I can also tell whats wrong due to my english knowledge(full college prep) But have no clue how to fix it, I run into a brain stump.My names William Freund(check that old gas thread I made I think I left my drivers license on a pic there),Talking like boris Is fine for me.I already Know im not worthy off SA with my grammer and english but this is the firearms forum,And I think the buckshot that has dissapeared is a important problem...I would have bought a One of the secuirty sites camera appeartus and put it around the house.[b/]
Hahahaha what the christ.

I guess it's been a while since TFR has had a gimmick, must be past due or something.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Yeah I'm leaning towards gimmick as well...

Really, you shouldn't be considering using shotguns to respond to somebody shooting pumpkins with BB guns or paintball guns.

You will be in world of poo poo if you rack off a few buckshot rounds in any CA city short of shooting at a serial killer.(yes you can defend yourself if you're in fear of your life in your home, castle doctrine and all that).

TCD fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 06:40

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

Whats the gimmick, Shesh I already explained im bad at this. nobody has ever questioned it before...im sorry if you cant understand.

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

ok nevermind sorry I said anything... I swear I dont think any off you owned a shotgun. Its like a rifle, with a small pattern.I dont understand this deal with gimmicks on Somethingawful, Are there so many morons they just come here to cause trouble? why not do it at livewire or genmay when it was open.This is real, And I can see right away you guys are thinking some sort Of shotgun that shoots balls all over the neighbor hood, thats not how it works,Think about it If shotguns were so inaccurate how would people shoot skeet 30 yards away with good accuracy.
Please someone With a high powered air rifle Or a .68 gram hard paintball gun explain to the goons They are lethal weapons And the dangerous of having them[b/]
here is some links off there deadlyness.. I own A air rifle And ITs just like a 22cal, No different except the bullet deforms more if your useing a lead pellet thats not skirted or has internal hard plastic/steel
http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=707&id=475572005
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/31/nbon31.xml
Google lewis and clark using a airgun to kill animals.... A true BB gun Is not a toy

Frozen paintballs rarely, if ever, cause permanent injury, though they will leave a nasty well But dent garage door.Because of mythbusters I dont know if ice actually works, but im assuming it does

....Yesterday 2283338
SOTOMARTINEZ , Vincente
MALE
MEXICAN-LATIN AMERIC
REMANDING ORDER BOOKING

Jail: Intake/Release Ctr
Arrested By: COSTA MESA PD
Primary Charge: LOADED FIREARM/GANG

Now what do you think he was doing, Just going around with a gun to be happy. No he goes around trying to cause trouble with it.There was a shooting in the air incident at The super kmart in aliso viejo few years ago. I was there, This guy just shot his gun and went into his car, Most the people around here that own guns think they can use them on anything and not get caught...Its like nobody is hurting anybody just plinking for fun.IF theres no evidence police cant do anything unless its a suspiciocion off something at a home.

Hasnt "preempted self defense"crossed anyone mind, You just dont go having a weapon because "I wanna shot some kids" You do it because you feel threatened

forbiddenforum fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 06:52

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

forbiddenforum posted:

Whats the gimmick, Shesh I already explained im bad at this. nobody has ever questioned it before...im sorry if you cant understand.

This little gem

quote:

I do not want buckshot, I want the best, Hevi-shot buckshot^^ I might as well make my own if I were to ever use the dreaded paper +paper wad blackpowder/old nitro smokeless shells.
-theWalrus- BB guns/paint ball guns, Airsoft. I have a 1000Fps Bb gun that can shoot jsf expanders right through level II body armour and go strait into a stone wall behind it.My vsr2(airsoft) Has enough strength to break clay targets 150 feet a way, impressive for a plastic item(yes the plastic bb no steal shot)... It shoot 600fps.I have no clue what people are useing, who knows could be a high powered laser but Its defently lethal,And Im out for revenge...Or else I wouldnt have bought a shotgun just for these fools that come around halloeves

Sorry to break it to you, but you can't use a shotgun to shoot people who are loving around with your pumpkins. You will be in trouble even if you just discharge your shotgun(IE shooting outside your home). You can't do that this day in age, in particular here in CA. If you hit anybody, you'll be in a *lot* more trouble.

Stop watching Death Wish 3 and Rambo First Blood.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

forbiddenforum posted:

ok nevermind sorry I said anything... I swear I dont think any off you owned a shotgun. Its like a rifle, with a small pattern.I dont understand this deal with gimmicks on Somethingawful, Are there so many morons they just come here to cause trouble? why not do it at livewire or genmay when it was open.This is real, And I can see right away you guys are thinking some sort Of shotgun that shoots balls all over the neighbor hood, thats not how it works,Think about it If shotguns were so inaccurate how would people shoot skeet 30 yards away with good accuracy.

Hahaha alright buddy...

You might get better advice on some counter-strike forums... after all, this is the first I've ever heard of a shotgun :rollseyes:

Edit: I see you posted two links from Scotland and the UK. That's really awesome because this is the US and all that... In anyevent you can't go shooting off a shotgun at a person even if somebody is shooting your beloved pumpkin in California.

TCD fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2005 around 06:50

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

forbiddenforum posted:

Paintball guns are not deadly. You cannot freeze paintballs, as they are not water based, but rather glycerine or mineral oil based. BB guns are not considered lethal weapons.

You linked to two biased sources.

There is no such thing as pre-emptive self defense as far is the law is concerned. It is attempted murder.

Perhaps the reason no one wanted to sell you anything was because you were a complete moron who was going to endanger the lives of others.

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

Yes I read the news. ALmost all the time a less than letha/ they survive Is used, The people sue them. If you visit fark.com ,Alot of people sue people that shot them , and win even if they are the burgler/the attacker.I Havit heard of someone that is attacked, kills the perpetrator and doesnt get put in jail.If they drop with when they here the click click fine, But if they come running over to kill me because I actually saw them do it, I just pull out the shotgun I have behind the pillers i have front of the house.Yes im trying to provoke them with halloween awnings ,but truthfully someone that has cause greif...or something deserves it.

Buying A gun Isnt just something you do on counterstrike.You have to consult with the ATF to figure out if its ok in your area, Go to a gun shop, Obtain a personal defence class If you want the owner let you even buy it (I did) Then take a bunch of steps to make sure the gun is safe.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

forbiddenforum posted:

Buying A gun Isnt just something you do on counterstrike.You have to consult with the ATF to figure out if its ok in your area, Go to a gun shop, Obtain a personal defence class If you want the owner let you even buy it (I did) Then take a bunch of steps to make sure the gun is safe.

No you don't.

Get the gently caress out.

forbiddenforum
Oct 18, 2005

by Lowtax

“When someone points a gun at you, you have a right to defend yourself,”
Plan and simple, Taken from the constituion i think.
You are totally fine for defending your household the simple justification is that you feared for your families safety as former cop I have been to a couple households where this happened and the best thing was that the criminal was dead. The home owner is always in the right in these cases and any DA would be stupid to try and charge you with anything.
As i can see logic goes out the window In something Awful And if your have poorly written articuls you just a moron and morons dont know anything.Thanks alot guys makes me feel very good

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

I'm done with this...

I hope for every gun owner out there, that you don't have any firearms because you are certainly giving all of us a bad name.

embryo66
Apr 18, 2003

by Ozma

forbiddenforum posted:

Yes I read the news. ALmost all the time a less than letha/ they survive Is used, The people sue them. If you visit fark.com ,Alot of people sue people that shot them , and win even if they are the burgler/the attacker.I Havit heard of someone that is attacked, kills the perpetrator and doesnt get put in jail.If they drop with when they here the click click fine, But if they come running over to kill me because I actually saw them do it, I just pull out the shotgun I have behind the pillers i have front of the house.Yes im trying to provoke them with halloween awnings ,but truthfully someone that has cause greif...or something deserves it.

Sorry to add nothing to the thread, but this quote has had me pissing myself laughing for about 5 minutes now.

If they drop with when they here the click click fine!!!!!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

TCD posted:

In anyevent you can't go shooting off a shotgun at a person even if somebody is shooting your beloved pumpkin in California.

This line had me cracking up for some reason. I can imagine this mongoloid, sitting on his creaky porch, one strap on his overalls, leaping up and running to the defense of his precious 24 ounce pumpkin. "You stay the gently caress away from my beloved pumpkin!"

Forbiddenforum, please go back to genmay or fark or Counter-Strike or whever the gently caress you came from.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

"When I see someone tilting my tables, I shoot the Bastard. That's my policy!"

Dear forbiddenforum:

1. You are making no loving sense, please type in MS Word then paste here.
2. A pumpkin and a human life are not interchangable.
3. Gun shops have the righ not to sell their wares to morons.
4. If you shoot someone in California without proper reason you will go to jail.
5. Stay the gently caress out fo TFR.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

voodoorootbeer posted:

Here's my home defense process:

1. Sharpen barrel
2. Load birdshot rounds
3. Insert barrel into the base of your skull
4. Fire.

Repeat as necessary.

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroFate
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma

TCD posted:

I'm done with this...

I hope for every gun owner out there, that you don't have any firearms because you are certainly giving all of us a bad name.

loving seconded. I come off sounding like an rear end in a top hat four out of five times, but this guy has nothing on me.

Also, I've gotta reinforce: Leave TFR, never return. Please. It's for the best.

«2 »