Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Wow, I feel privileged just to post here before it gets Goldmined--something I can't believe it wasn't already. Amazing story, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Holy crap I can't believe this thing is still alive.

Thanks again for letting me vent. I've been thinking of some specific stories that might do well in a sequel thread. Between 2 jobs, DJ gigs, apartment hunting and life in general, I just haven't had time.

But maybe this summer.

Thanks again for all your thoughts, the hundreds of positive IM's, the emails, the support, etc. I really appreciate all of it and am honored to have touched as many people as I inadvertently did.

Edit: But yeah maybe it's time for this thread to pass. I feel bad for not being able to give the in-depth answers I used to, at this time, and I cant really devote the time and attention I used to be able to. - Should I close it?

Clockwork Sputnik fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 29, 2006

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Holy crap I can't believe this thing is still alive.
Should I close it?
I say no, not until it gets goldmined. Everytime it gets bumped, there's a chance a mod will see it and goldmine it.

Vhak, lord of hate
Jan 4, 2006

by Fragmaster
It's threads like these that make me wonder why I bother buying books anymore...

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

MrTizzie posted:

It's threads like these that make me wonder why I bother buying books anymore...

Because a folder of saved stories is somehow much more lame than a bookshelf with books.

Vhak, lord of hate
Jan 4, 2006

by Fragmaster

Chinaman7000 posted:

Because a folder of saved stories is somehow much more lame than a bookshelf with books.

Not the books I have, my long stretch of Dragonlance books would make anyone weep at the overpowering lameness emanating from my bookcase. And my weinerdog book ends.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

MrTizzie posted:

weinerdog book ends.

Those can be very classy provided one bookend is the head and front legs, and the other the tail.

Elf of the Millennium
Jan 23, 2006

by Ozma

Chinaman7000 posted:

You could always print them out :eng101:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
HOLY gently caress!

Wow, I have goosebumps and a newfound respect for my fellow man. Great stuff, really. I've never heard a story from the inside before.

acidkore
Dec 6, 2002

Psychonaut
Did you know Steven Woods by chance?

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
I really liked the story and style of writing. Thanks!

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

acidkore posted:

Did you know Steven Woods by chance?

Not ringing a direct bell, I'll need more info.

acidkore
Dec 6, 2002

Psychonaut

Not ringing a direct bell, I'll need more info.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/woodssteven.htm

a cousin of mine, sounds like he went through the same areas as you; Texas is a bitch, it seems.

edit: you are actually a wonderful writer; I'll accept no further self-aggrandizement.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

acidkore posted:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/woodssteven.htm

a cousin of mine, sounds like he went through the same areas as you; Texas is a bitch, it seems.

Nosir, wrong state.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Nosir, wrong state.

To head off the bewildered next post, the OP changed all the locations. His posts say Texas, but he went elsewhere.

acidkore
Dec 6, 2002

Psychonaut

Doc Faustus posted:

To head off the bewildered next post, the OP changed all the locations. His posts say Texas, but he went elsewhere.

The details (shows in Deep Ellum, etc.) threw me off. Whoopsies.

And to anyone who does know my cousin, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the Woods family.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

acidkore posted:

The details (shows in Deep Ellum, etc.) threw me off. Whoopsies.

And to anyone who does know my cousin, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the Woods family.

Well the staple of fact there is that the detainer did, in fact, emerge from Texas. But Texas is not where I did any time. I didn't change that bit of info as I didnt feel it contained any details that could end up working out poorly for me.

Make more sense now? Sorry for any confusion.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Nosir, wrong state.

Maybe not Texas, but definitely mid-west:

Number 655321 posted:

six cans of pop.

internet gumshoes ahoy

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Excellent story. I've read some prison stories before, but not set in Maximum Security, and certainly not with an escape that led to said prison. Very nicely written.

Edit: And apparently I'm contributing to thread necromancy. Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homers odyssey 37
Sep 11, 2005
Hahaha amazing story. Props for the bump and allowing me to read this.