Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Good read, glad you are alive.

I have to ask, though, how do you feel about escaping from prison? Do you feel it was worth it, would you do it again, etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

BigSuave posted:

Just got done reading all that - awesome story. Voted 5. Would read again.

You know what that post is missing? "A+++++++++++" and lots of !'s

Number 655321 posted:

I *can* tell you that had I not escaped and done the rest of my time, I would be a completely different person than what I am now, and not necessarily in a positive way, either.

Do you mind me asking, in what way? It seems to me that if you were able to get a job and be normal having escaped, that you should be able to do just the same if you were released. I can certainly understand you feeling that you are wiser for your experiences, but I don't really understand why you think you would be a worse person.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Speaking of AB... as I recall, the AB is, well, racist. Understandably, many of their members would be racist. Also of note, as you mentioned, it is important to have people on your side and willing to back you up. Since the AB is a rather powerful group behind bars, this naturally leads to the situation wherein people may join the AB without wholeheartedly agreeing with its principles. At least, that is what my logic would tell me... did you see this to be the case? Or were there other "organizations" that one could turn to, when behind bars? If the former, were there many people who were in the AB but were not racist, or was it something along the lines of "If you join us and we find out you're not racist, we kick your rear end"?