Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
Got back from this yesterday and loved it, many of the gripes I had with the first one were addressed and I had few leaving the theatre. As has been said, seeing Underworld does help immensely with filling in some of the plot holes, however almost every reviewer here is misquoting or misremembering scenes. UV bullets do not kill Werewolves, only "slows him down". My biggest gripe with this movie, was the overuse of the flashback sequence's, seemed like lazy writing to me, as they were niegh constant. That and the fact that the movie starts out with red scrolling text, which is very "B". While the dialogue could be confusing to some, they never actually break any of thier own rules, and explain everything fairly clearly, that is if you listen anyway. It's mindless to an extent, but at the same time, if you're simply sitting there slack jawed and stareing at the screen, you may miss important bits of dialogue. Still all that being said, the action was 10 times better then in the first, and the blood was more extensive. My only main other gripe besides the helicopter, is that other then Marcus, no vampire or Lycan drinks, the whole movie(unless you count that horrible midevil sequence in the beginning), while it's said in both movies that without feeding both races weaken and the "hunger" eventually takes over. Both main charecters technically feed, but they feed off the dead, which just seems to be odd, so I dunno take that how you will but it seemed odd for a vampire movie that they never feed.

Pros: Excellant excellant battle sequences, they really accentuate the Vampire speed and the Werewolf brutality in this movie, giving you a good contrast between the two. As well as "lol Kate beckinsale boobies"*sigh* grow up
Cons: Overuse of flashbacks to tell the story, Not enough epic battles(would've liked to have seen a nice vamp v werewolf battle in modern times)

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU