Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CH2CCH3CHCH2
Sep 23, 2004

Low Brass HomoQueer
Directed by: David S. Ward
Starring: Kelsey Grammer, Lauren Holly, Rob Schneider

Lt. Cmdr. Tom Dodge (Gramer) is assigned as Captain to the USS Stingray, an old diesel driven submarine from WW2. With a crew that consists only of weird guys (Harlan Williams, Toby Huss) (and a gal [Lauren Holly]), he's headed against the atomic powered USS Orlando (with the captain played by William H. Macy), with a mission to destroy a dummy battleship in Charleston Harbor.

I think that this is a very light-hearted and funny movie. I really enjoy Kelsey Grammer's acting in this movie, along with the way that he counterpoints the other crew played by comedians Rob Schneider, Harlan Williams and Toby Huss.

The story is a bit off the wall, but hey, I'm not complaining. It's a low budget movie that really hits the spot.

Definitely worth renting or buying (it's usually in the bargain bin)

RATING: 4

PROS: Hilarious mix of A and B-list celebs
CONS: Not militarily accurate (I'm reaching here)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116130/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU