Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovaHunter
Mar 13, 2004

Jack Bauer is my hero.
Directed by: David Zucker
Starring: Anna Faris, Craig Bierko, Regina Hall

Three of my friends and I had been planning to see Scary Movie 4 for the past week. The previews looked good, the reports I had been readin sounded good, and it seemed as though we were in for a treat. Thankfully, we were not disappointed.

First off, let me clear a few things up. This movie, while leaps and bounds better than Scary Movie 3, is still no Airplane! or Top Secret. Those two movies will forever remain Zucker's greatest. The truth is, this movie never comes close to the borders that those movies crossed in relation to race, sex, etc. I'm not saying the movie isn't entertaining, because it sure as hell is. It just isn't the classic that those two are.

Scary Movie 4 mainly spoofs The Grudge and War of the Worlds, but other movies make their appearances, such as The Village and Saw. The sections of the movie relating to The Grudge seemed to be lacking to me, whereas anything dealing with War of the Worlds was absolutely hilarious. There are tons of cameos in the movie, which I won't get into here, but many are quite funny.

This movie was good entertainment if you can manage to turn your brain off and embrace the pure stupidity of it all. If you aren't a fan of stupid comedy, don't bother to see it. If you are, on the other hand, get out there and watch it. There were times where it seemed the movie was dragging, but the best jokes are well worth it. There were many times where everyone in the audience was screaming with laughter.

Go out and have fun with this movie.

RATING: 4

PROS: Much better than Scary Movie 3, moments of pure comedic genius.
CONS: Still not on par with Scary Movie 1 or 2

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0362120/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU