Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Griz
May 21, 2001

cLin posted:

Can someone tell me if LCD monitors are suppose to be hot after being left on for a while? My new Dell 2007wfp gets hot after an hour of use. and I think that is heating up my room a bit (along with other things).

LCDs get warm because of the backlight but the heat output is nowhere near that of a 21" CRT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

deep square leg posted:

Can anyone recommend a good quality desktop mic that I can use in vent (for gaming)?

I already have a headset, but compared to my main headphones it's uncomfortable and has poor SQ. I'd like to just wear the other headphones instead and use a desktop mic, but I don't want to have to lean over to the mic, nor annoy the others by giving them poor sound. Is there a mic that will sit near the monitor but still sound good?

I got a Logitech desk mic at best buy for like $15 and it seems to work fine. I talk while sitting in a normal upright position and no one has ever complained about my volume.

Griz
May 21, 2001

CactusWeasle posted:

I'm thinking of upgrading my processor

from :AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Socket 939, 512KB # ADA3200BPBOX

to: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 1MB # ADA4200DAA5CD

Would this actually be worth an upgrade? It's all i can find in Socket 939 CPU's now, and its fairly cheap at €70.

can't find any 3800s? those are even cheaper, and they overclock well.

it won't be as good as C2D and you won't be able to upgrade it any further, but it's really cheap and you won't have to buy new motherboard and RAM like you would with anything else.

• Locked thread