Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pinchet
Oct 18, 2002

lobstarrrrr!!
I just recently purchased some stuff to upgrade my computer.

The motherboard I got has 3x PCIe x16, 2x PCI, 1x PCIe x1 configured in this order, top to bottom:

PCIe x16
PCIe x1
PCIe x16
PCI
PCIe x16
PCI

The GPU I got takes up 2 slots. Everything I've read tells me to put the GPU into the top most PCIe x16 slot if I am not going to be running SLI. The soundcard that I got is PCIe x1, and therefore if I put the GPU into the top most PCIe x16 slot, I will be covering the PCIe x1 slot.

Can I just put the GPU into a lower slot? or did I gently caress up by getting a PCIe x1 soundcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pinchet
Oct 18, 2002

lobstarrrrr!!
I have an old SATA HDD that is partitioned into C and D.. C contains a severely messed up version of Windows. D contains a whole bunch of MP3s.

Can I just plug it into my current computer which already has a C and D (2 different HDD's though) and retrieve my MP3s off of what was D on the old computer?

Will it attempt to boot from the messed up version of windows? Will there be any issues with C and D already existing?

• Locked thread