Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humantis
May 10, 2003
bottomfeeder

Dradien posted:

Could anyone tell me why TV-out on my videocard is horribly slow? I'm outputting Milkdrop (winamp plugin) to my TV on my Radeon 9800 PRO AIW, and it's slow as balls. I can do it on my monitor and it's fast as gently caress...

Anyone have any idea?

Gig of RAM
Athlon 64 3000+

I ran into this on an old geforce2 MX. I couldn't get 3D acceleration to move onto the TV at all, everything was apparently going through software. Try changing the TV to your primary monitor in your display properties. That fixed it for me and I was playing Quake 3 on the TV in front of my friends in no time.

I think then your 3D acceleration won't work on your monitor instead while that is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread