Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrone
Sep 1, 2004

by Fragmaster
I am having the same problem as this earlier post about the 20 and 4 pin connectors on a power supply.

I have a P4 processor, and just bought a new Asus P4P800 SE motherboard, it says in the instructions to hook up the 4 pin cable, but my cable doesn't have the locking latch so I am not sure which way to orient it (I have tried it all 4 ways it could fit on there). If I turn on the PC with just the 20 pin cable connected, it boots up, in that the fan starts going and et cetera, but I get no video. If I try turning it on with the 20 and 4 pin cables connected, I get nothing. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrone
Sep 1, 2004

by Fragmaster

hyperborean posted:

Are you putting that 4 pin connector by the 20 pin or the processor? 'Cause it goes by the processor and it should really only fit one way.

I figured it out, turns out I was hooking the wrong 4 pin connector in, the proper one was tucked away at the top of my case and i didn't notice it. Its working now. I'm retarded.

• Locked thread