Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alanthecat
Dec 19, 2005

What power supply do I need for an AMD Duron 1400 with 4 hdds and a burner? The guy in the shop told me 350 would be fine but I think it has caused me problems. And I've all the PCI slots full.

alanthecat fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alanthecat
Dec 19, 2005

Zorilla posted:

I agree with the shop guy; I'm running an Athlon 64 3200+ w/6800GS on a 330W supply and I'm doing just fine. Get a 380W or greater power supply if you really want to. It's not like they're that more expensive.

Also, VIA motherboard by any chance?

ASRock motherboard. Why I'm worried is I had a raid array gently caress up when anything disk intensive was happening. It recently dropped a disk when a full virus scan ran. Then a while later it dropped another disk without me having rebuilt the array and I may have lost everything. I haven't turned the PC on since or really looked into fixing it. I know all the data is sstill there and that the disks work, I just have to
convince the controller that it never dropped the disk.

Anyone any ideas? I haven't googled much yet because I had no internet at home.

Would 6 drives and a dvd burner be OK. I'm going to throw out that card and replace it with a hardware raid one so though I might throw a few extra disks in there.

edit: maybe it wasn't the power supply's fault. I remember the controller dropping a disk not in an array when I was searching for deleted files once.

alanthecat fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 1, 2006

• Locked thread