Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Ravyn posted:

Holla back youngin' First track day.

wow they don't make you tape up anything or remove the mirrors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mas
Jun 4, 2004
Proud Member of the Al Jourgensen Fanclub Have you done heroin while wearing a huge cowboy hat today?
I just picked this up Saturday for $500. Needed left side engine cover mounted, oil and a new battery. Barely 10K miles on it. Got it running about an hour ago.

1977 CB750F/SS. My first bike. I'm enrolled for a riders class later this month.

[/center]

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

mas posted:

I just picked this up Saturday for $500. Needed left side engine cover mounted, oil and a new battery. Barely 10K miles on it. Got it running about an hour ago.

1977 CB750F/SS. My first bike. I'm enrolled for a riders class later this month.

[/center]

Holy poo poo thats a nice bike for 500$ Good job.

deathlee
Mar 4, 2002

no anxiety about his chemical dependencies

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

That road up there is awesome. We need to have a PDX goon bike meet. I know of 3 of us now that have sportbikes.

I am in tualatin with a bmw r1100s. It's not the fastest bike on the planet but good fun none the less. If you promise not to destroy me with your GSXRs i'd love to ride with you guys.

i found some terrible cameraphone pictures:

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

HNasty posted:

Holy poo poo thats a nice bike for 500$ Good job.

drat nice for the price! I would love to find one in that condition so I could gut it and destroy all resale value by making it into a hardtail bobber :D

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...

orinth posted:

wow they don't make you tape up anything or remove the mirrors?
Well, it's not exactly a track. It's a driver's training course that is converted into a motorcycle course on certain weekends. So my "trackday" statement is a bit misleading.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Does being a 21 year old male in college and owning toys make me more or less of a geek:iiam:

Pictured are: kawi zx7r, kawi zx9r, honda 600rr, honda cbr600 f4, ducati monster, ducati 999s, ducati 998r, ducati 749s, suzuki gsx1300r hayabusa, suzuki gsxr750, and a suzuki gsxr600. The zx7r is on stands because it wouldn't stay up.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 5, 2006

C_H_A
Aug 4, 2004

I have an ugly dog to make me appear more handsome.

DILLIGAF posted:

drat nice for the price! I would love to find one in that condition so I could gut it and destroy all resale value by making it into a hardtail bobber :D
You & me both. I had a '78 back in 1988 and it was bulletproof. Great bikes!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mas posted:

[/center]

You have no idea how jealous I am of you that you found a CB750 in that shape for that price.

:argh:

Its gorgeous.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

deathlee posted:

I am in tualatin with a bmw r1100s. It's not the fastest bike on the planet but good fun none the less. If you promise not to destroy me with your GSXRs i'd love to ride with you guys.

https://www.sportbikes.ws

check out the pacific oregon section. We do a lot of group rides.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Iroc_dis: That's a healthy collection. Hey, where can I get one of the 600RR's and how much do they normally run?

mas
Jun 4, 2004
Proud Member of the Al Jourgensen Fanclub Have you done heroin while wearing a huge cowboy hat today?

Phat_Albert posted:

You have no idea how jealous I am of you that you found a CB750 in that shape for that price.

:argh:

Its gorgeous.

Thanks. I'm pretty geeked. The guy I got it from had 4 bikes was selling to make room in his garage. They each needed 'something' done to make them rideable, but nothing was very tough. He also had a '78 Honda 500CX for $250 that needed a brake lever bracket, battery and carbs rebuilt. If i had the space, time and money i would have snagged it too just to fix and sell for probably enough to pay for my 750.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

mas posted:

Wow, that's beautiful! Congrats!

A guy posted these Thruxton 900 track pictures on triumphrat.net.

drat son

It's nice to see someone riding the hell out of those bikes.

rope kid fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 8, 2006

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn
dope pix rope kid

the guy makes the bike look tiny. very cool.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

deathlee posted:

Is that a Carl Thompson Bass?

ffubalo bill
Jun 22, 2005

mmmmmmm, savor flavor
Grimey Drawer
I'm still breaking in the engine and haven't been out of the areas near my house. 07 Ninja 500R

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mas posted:

1977 CB750F/SS.

What makes it an SS?

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Phat_Albert posted:

What makes it an SS?

Slightly rearset pegs, Dual front discs and single rear instead of single front and drum rear, 4-2 exhaust instead of 4-4, slightly different bodywork.

There were three models:
    K - The standard.
    C - Custom. Forward controls and higher bars. Lower ride height.
    F - SuperSport.

The F was the lightest and "sportiest" bike of the line at that time.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

orinth posted:

Hahaha what the christ?

That's awesome, although I'm shocked the bike didn't suffer hydrolock. Do motorcycles also have the intake high up under the seat?

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
My bike has the intake under the seat, but a lot of newer race bikes put the airbox in front of the gas tank so they can use a ram air system. In the case of that GSX-R, it would be those vents on the front fairing, near the headlights.

nobunny
Mar 10, 2004

LETS HAVE SNACKS

orinth posted:

that looks SO fun

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh

orinth posted:

Wow, just wow. Glad that wasn't deeper than it looked. Was that you? Not sure I'd have the balls to do that with my bike.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Portable591 posted:

My bike has the intake under the seat, but a lot of newer race bikes put the airbox in front of the gas tank so they can use a ram air system. In the case of that GSX-R, it would be those vents on the front fairing, near the headlights.

I see. I'm used to a dirtbike, which has it up under the seat or generally facing away from the tire to keep mud and poo poo from flying in. So yeah, I guess he's still safe like that, which is kinda cool.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

Holy poo poo, offroading a supersport. That is badass

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

shoafer0 posted:

Wow, just wow. Glad that wasn't deeper than it looked. Was that you? Not sure I'd have the balls to do that with my bike.

Nah, saw it on another forum.

But I love the guy in back.... "How about you go first.........."

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I took some new pictures of my Speed Triple. :q:

bung fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 10, 2006

a new dilemma in each post
May 11, 2006

by Fragmaster
speed triple :gizz:

Goddamn what a mean looking bike, best of the streetfighters in my opinion.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
a friend took this picture on a huge random groupride yesterday (like 75 sportbikes).

Somehow I'm right in the middle of this picture, I think it's pretty cool

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
Needs more jeans and t-shirts. I don't think I've ever seen more than two or three sportbikes in one place at the same time. It's all cruisers here.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Portable591 posted:

Needs more jeans and t-shirts. I don't think I've ever seen more than two or three sportbikes in one place at the same time. It's all cruisers here.

yeah it was pretty loving crazy. There are 2 bike shops that sponsor weekly rides. This particular shop (https://www.edrperformance.com) just moved to downtown portland and this was more of a show. We only rode like 13 miles, but having 75 bikes riding through downtown Portland was pretty crazy...

Here are some other pics not taken by me, but a photographer that goes on the rides named fasteddie

Us pulling in, I'm on the left with my helmet on. The guy on the gsxr is the one who took that previous picture of me in his mirror

In front of the shop

We stoppd for a big group photo, although there is a better shot of the group, you can how many loving bikes there were.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Got my rigid fender installed...

Rear Quarter Full bike...

Side shot

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner
wooo

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Blackaxis posted:

wooo

What the hell is happening there?

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner

Terminus Est posted:

What the hell is happening there?

Impromptu breakdance competition on the side of the road.

One guy blows corner, takes out oncoming bike.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Blackaxis posted:

wooo

That is one broken Ninja

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

orinth posted:

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't belong.

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!

Blackaxis posted:

wooo

Where is this? Is this up on the gap?

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner

intel_killer posted:

Where is this? Is this up on the gap?

Shadey Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

This guy makes me want to puke. http://dangeruss.deviantart.com/

I know it's DeviantArt, and I hate it probably just as much as any of you, but he's got some nice bike vectors/3D models.

Jesus, I wish I had about half the talent he had.