Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
That looks more like a Ferrari 430 to me. Mostly going on the taillamp design and the badge on the front passenger fender. Not necessarily a Scuderia as seen below, but the tail and badges are on all the 430 models that way.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

SanitysEdge posted:

Looks a lot more like a 599 than a 430 me. Look at the raised rear end end and the side skirt swooping upwards.

I was wondering about that, but the nose doesn't seem long enough to me. I've managed to actually touch a 599, and the nose is really long. The rear on a 430 is higher than that picture makes it look. You do have a point about the side skirts though. I'm fully willing to admit I could be wrong here. I wish the res on the video was a little better.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Uthor posted:

I'm surprised by the ammount of "Look Out for Motorcycles" signs I see around Central IL. I see it on lots of cars (including cop cars) and big banners here and there. I'd get a bumper sticker, but it's yellow and doesn't match my car. :smith:
Not a lof since I've moved up to Chicago, unfortunately.

Down here they had them at almost every major intersection where there was someplace to put the banners without them obstructing the motorist's view of the corners. I was pleasantly surprised. How did the traffic near campus treat you? That's the only part of town I avoid like the plague. Everywhere else is pretty good around here.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

God damnit I can't wait until September, I want new episodes now! :(

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I happen to like my Phantom a lot. I just put 840 miles in on it in two days this last weekend without much of a complaint other than monkey rear end. And the tank is 3.9 gallons, so I can get almost 185 miles out of it even with my 300lb. lard rear end on it. I do wish it were lighter, but really that's about the only complaint I have. There is more than enough torque to make up for the shortfall in horsepower. I can pass on the highway even from 75 without much issue.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot. I really, really, really wish there was a sixth gear. It would make highway cruising a bit less vibey. And while the brakes could be better, I've yet to have an issue with stopping power, and I've had more than a couple close calls so far.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 8, 2010

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Holy Jesus the puns! THE PUNS! Nice title change for him, though.

I have no idea.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Holy poo poo Max Schaaf is awesome. I ordered a 4Q hoodie last week, and it just got here with a bunch of extras.

Might be a little NWS for some photocopied boobie.

Click here for the full 1200x800 image.

Welp that seals it, I know what my Christmas present to myself is now.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Good luck getting one, though. He only makes things in limited numbers and everything sells out within a day of going up for sale. I think my size was gone within 4 hours.

Oh yeah, I know. But now I at least know what I want. 20 minutes ago I was still searching for something. A step in the right direction, anyway.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

I assembled the kikker in my living room, but it was a big rear end ground-level living room, so it wasn't too bad. I had a room mate, but it was a dude and he was cool with it(even if he called the bike a scooter <:mad:>)

I really want to build one of these someday just because.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Mcqueen posted:

That's a great video and makes me want to go wrench on something.

Seriously. Now I'm sitting at work on a gorgeous day and I just want to go home and pull one of my bikes out and fix something that has been lingering...

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

blugu64 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gm3-szkL2I
Correction. Nothing Beats the Reverend.

Aw come on man, if you're going to post some Reverend, at least post the best he's got. Ignore the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QResGbb5-U

Rolling through Montana on the 200/87/3 from Great Falls to Glendive. The road and Big Sky Country waiting to tear away my problems like I tear away the rubber from the tires on my bike eating up the miles to my next dose of reality. For a while I can be free, but I can never escape the pull of gravity.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

What else do you expect? He drives a BMW, and as the Lord God Clarkson has continually reminded us, he's a prick. Probably plays golf, too, the tosser.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

Is that coming to the US? I really want to see it :ohdear:

I read somewhere that said a potential August US release is being looked at. Can't for the life of me remember where though. Maybe the movie's Facebook page.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Spiffness posted:

This looks fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Q5IoluA6w

Hell yeah! I love watching SGP. The races are short and furious.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

Two of the greatest things to ever come out of England, Barry Sheene and The Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hug3fZ3TYP4

Barry Sheene and The Clash: loving English Legends.

Also, man, check out the 70's fashion. Wowzers.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

I made another dumb video, points if you recognize the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvybdQjZHLg&hd=1

Ah Q Lazzarus, Goodbye Horses. Love it. Also, nice choice on the previous video rocking the Air. :golfclap:

You really make me want to buy a GT 1000 now. :)

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

frozenphil posted:

Pro Tip: When they have a major event going on they open up the sub basement to the general public. All of the coolest poo poo is down there.
The vintage bike festival is coming up in October and I plan on being there.

I am seriously contemplating going to that as well. Got some land near Canton, MS I have access to, so may look to make a week or so out of it.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Hahaha I got the Fabio New Old Spice guy advert before that video. Seems appropriate. :)

Targeted advertising at its best, I suppose.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 27, 2011

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

It is telling me the episode is no longer available. :(

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

:neckbeard: MotoJournal best journal.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caA8GueQymo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

On Ebay, there are a couple of sellers, the guy I bought them from only had one set of each.

loving badass! I just bought a set of the guitars for my dad.