Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

mas posted:

I just picked this up Saturday for $500. Needed left side engine cover mounted, oil and a new battery. Barely 10K miles on it. Got it running about an hour ago.

1977 CB750F/SS. My first bike. I'm enrolled for a riders class later this month.

[/center]

Holy poo poo thats a nice bike for 500$ Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

n8r posted:

Am I the only person here who sees the Czysz stuff as the motorcycle equivalent of vaporware?

Yes you are, and how very brilliant of you. They should just homologate the thing, we have enough rich people that will put money down on a bike and wait for years to take delivery. Why not use Amerikkas wealth for something good. Homologate and go racing :)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://www.nortonmotors.co.uk/Rotary%20Racing.htm

John Player Rotary Nortons schocking the poo poo out of everyone back in the day. Also the black and gold Players Special paintjob was killer.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Figured I'd throw this in here in case you guys missed my thread. New bike

Here are the Hi Res Shots and some more info on the bike

2007 Husqvarna 610 SM http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2007/07_SM610.html

This is not quite a pure bred supermoto per say, but it is as close as you would want to get on a street bike. 310lb 58 horsepower, lots of nice shiny bits. Marzocchi forks, Sachs rear shock, Big Brembo stoppers etc. Anyway enjoy the pics

The mentioned USD Marzocchi forks

Da brakes

The first thing to go on this bike will the :xbox: huge exhaust and the stupid heat shielding

We dont care about your stinking rules.... FOREVER!

I like the rims a lot

First time meeting all the other kids.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Valfar posted:

Well this sure looks like a great idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQV085PXHw

That would be the infamous Streetbike Tommy from Travis Pastrana's "NITRO CIRCUS" video series. I would highly recommend any of them.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Found a pic of the R6 before she got track whored. Was a good looking bike.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAA28sfKmiY

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

This Wakan is my new favorite bike.

That looks terrible.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

DILLIGAF posted:

OMG, you look soo adorable right there, widdle baby and his big bike. Cuteness Assault Vehicle.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Uploaded a video of me from early 06 on my brand new R6 at summit point race way on a damp day. I'm not exactly following the break in advice in the manual. Oh also there is a split screen view, one from my tank and one from a chase bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArLQU5Wuoc

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

bung posted:

Mad Sunday IOMTT 2006, 2004 R1. This guys suspension seems to be way too soft and his throttle inputs are really sloppy.

Also he's pretty much idling through the corners, no throttle whatsoever. NOOB!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video of me riding my R6 on a damp semi wet track in beginner group :) I was riding my F4i trackbike but decided to sneak the R6 out with my friends sticker on it. Its pretty hilarious watching noobs freak out cause of the track being a little darker color. I think when I made this video I had the bike for total of about a week and done maybe a 100 street miles. Notice the keychain for extra lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8uirh7Vbw

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Gullous posted:

With an increase in speed it takes less movement of the handlebars. Also other inputs like like pushing on the pegs and moving your body help.

It seems like those who are being passed are looking behind them a lot. No wonder they are getting passed! I've never been on a track, so tell me, are they being overly cautious?

No the guys who look behind them all have orange jerseys on, I'm not passing them, they're letting me by, they're instructors. They ride withing in the group and make sure no one is acting like an rear end and they have radios in their helmets they're basically waving me past when i get behind them.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Spent two days in the mountains of VA here are the pics.

Good times.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Zool posted:

Rotating your hips around the tank is exactly what I was told to do when I went to a racing school.

Don't argue with the hang off nazis, the purpose is to look like real racers when hanging off. Not to actually move weight off the bike and feel comfortable.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

BEHOLD I HAVE MADE A YOUTUBE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_IsRscqzQ
leave me a comment fags.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Hey Sigtrap ^^^ he is clearly drunk posting again.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ya dummies, post pictures

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREAgMh22FU i just ripped a video of me riding a scoot around my hometown in India in 2005. There are more bike related videos under my account and poo poo.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

The Wormy Guy posted:

I was about to ask how you had your camera mounted. But after a closer inspection it appears you were riding two up with another dude. Ballsy.

its only here in Amerikka that two guys on a bike is considered gay. One of the funnest things in life is riding a bike with a bro, you're free to gently caress around and holler and broads plus, cruising on a bike without having to worry about doing the actual riding is awesome.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3Pm6wyl8A I know how much you guys loved my last 2 man ride. Here is more of me riding around in India. This time its on our farm and in the jungle near it. I take over at the end and ride on the roads.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I don't think there is a 600 that would 'go flying' if you punched it hard leaving from a street light.

What? I'm pretty sure going WOT will do that on almost any bike much less a SS 600, it might now magically fly out from under you but the fury and speed of acceleration makes most poo poo their pants and drive straight into a guard rail.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Fantastipotamus posted:

That.. and it never ceases to amaze me just how much adhesion tires actually have.. I mean, those guys are WAY over, and the bike doesn't lowside out from under them. Pretty amazing stuff (to me).

At that point they are actually just holding the bike up with their knees/body.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I agree the front is not washing out but I think there is still some push back with the knee body to make sure the tire stays in contact with the road. Unless they can transmit their body weight to the bottom of the bike its gonna be top heavy and just fall over even more so at the low speeds at which they finally exit the corners in.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I have rigged up a HD helmet cam of sorts :) here is a video of my commute from home to work. With heavy breathing and commentary.

http://www.vimeo.com/4907288 watch in HD for full glory
http://www.vimeo.com/4907982 part 2

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

More HiDef helmet cam footage, this time at least 50% less boring than my commute. Watch till 1:33 if you want to see a GS500 do 100MPH with a fat man on board. OH AND DON"T FORGET TO CLICK THE HD BUTTON to view it in its full glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZJQTegvy4

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

dietcokefiend posted:

The music oh god the music, why :doom:

What camera are you using?

There is no exhaust note only wind noise, I'm gonna work on fixing that problem. My camera set up is very simple:

Its one of these http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/TB-12-Nylon-Tank-Bag-p-138_32.html + one of these http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/images/Joby_Gorillapod_SLR%20Mini-Tripod_Grip_SLR_Cameras.jpg + one of these http://wasthatmycue.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/sd780b.jpg

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Fantastipotamus posted:

Out of curiousity, what's the speed limit through those stretches? 50? 55? Lower? Are there really just not that many police in the vicinity?

I end up chickening out and just end up hanging in the speed limit +10-14mph range.

45 I think, no coppers around so nothing to worry about really.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Have you guys posted much of Leslie Porterfield? The fastest woman on a motorcycle?

:swoon:

Wow what a aryan princess amirite.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

They had High Speed cameras at the Isle of Man this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5raeq8EysE

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Ok this will probably get pulled off youtube by ITV4 soon so watch it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL1CnR6mG2c

A guy I know went to race at the Isle of Man this year, soon as he gets back I'll post his pics and stuff.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sometimes my people make me so proud, this is my new desktop.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Phy posted:

Is that actually a Triton? I mean the frame looks featherbeddy enough but I can't identify Triumph engines at a glance.

Looks like a trumpet engine with the covers pulled off.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Z3n posted:

That's on a 2 stroke, which had a much more extreme power delivery than the modern bikes. Really awesome stuff. It's also why it has the higher pitched compared to the 4 strokes.

Judging by the paintjobs and the exhaust setups I think this is from 4 stroke era, its the Brazilian GP.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Spiffness posted:

Pause 30 rock on Hulu, turn up the volume and enjoy the MV Agusta 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9NhLw-nQ7M

oh wow is that the sound of a motorcycle, mind = blown. If you're interested I think that clip is from a movie called Continental Circus, its pretty great. Google it. Also that's Phil Read, I love that helmet.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I have all the Joe Bar comics, the first one is in english the rest are french.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5kaWfyMQ

Riding on the ring road of a big city at 2 am with no traffic, amber street lights blurring occasionally broken up by tunnels.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Check out this turn 1 tommy, he endos into the first turn and takes 2 guys out with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlFGuES-07U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Backov posted:

I blame sport bike riders. In the old days, doing that to some badass riding a motorcycle was likely to get the truck driver killed, or at least beaten into a coma.

Now they see the power rangers and don't feel any fear.

Seriously though: Summary executions of shitheads like those two truck drivers is warranted.

Armyman25 posted:

No, the guy in the truck should have just slammed on his brakes. Taken care of the idiot on the bike.

Watched it again, the guy on the bike gets in front of the truck the slows down to 39mph and is then surprised when he gets hit by the truck. What did he expect? Bike vs car or truck is not a fight he's going to win, so once he got past the truck he should have let it go.

Both of you GTFO. Seriously though don't post you're terrible people.