Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Skreemer posted:

you can always do the cloverleaf 200...

I just knew there'd be videos of this on YouTube. :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0blXuNMHgQ - UK, Crappy video, decent engine audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aZRxHv44Tg - US, Better video, overdubbed rock audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYG388Q2D5c - UK, Crappy video and audio, but a neat rear-facing shot with another bike. Second rider has crap form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

mutt2jeff posted:

You never saw any tankslappers, just a little bit a wobble.

Yeah, just the back wheel getting a little squirrely. It was pretty cool hearing him narrate over his run, though it got really loving hard trying to figure out what he was saying at times.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Crossposting this from the AI vids thread, because ahahahahha!

"Is it fast?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjCEPF4HGo

e: How could anyone think this was a good idea? :psyduck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6N5Iyqfwk

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 13, 2008

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
This was posted in the regular AI YouTube thread, but I figured those who don't browse it regularly would also like to have their jaws drop at some precision riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTO2s7wyrFs

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

dietcokefiend posted:

My eyes are making GBS threads bricks right now. How are those turns even possible :psyduck:

Dude's got skills.

Here's some Japanese motorcycle police competition with a heavier larger bike. You can hear the hard parts scraping a bit here and there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ-pTyQZJng

And some US police on a Harley. Only scrapes once at the very end that I can hear which is goddamn insane given how low the exhaust is on that bike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99KKx7cB-Ok

E: How does Storm Trooper armor stand up to ATGATT?

Click here for the full 1024x730 image.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 22, 2008

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This doesn't look like it's going to end well...

I've seen this a number of times. Anyone ever seen any "after" shots from the lowside in progress?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

rope kid posted:

nothing beats rossi's

I'm trying and failing miserably to find images of the helmets from the motorcycle goons from the beginning of Batman Returns. I just keep finding pictures of the giant-wheeled motorcycle thing from the Dark Knight. :mad:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Buhbuhj posted:

Well since it's mordeth I'm going to say it was a set up shot and he just dumped it all in there.

edit: it's from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e12lEzK2qec&feature=channel_page

Ahaahah! I lost it when he slams the visor over the whole carton of fries. :D

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

Eh, I thought it was funny.

The only thing funnier than the video is the comments from people getting bent out of shape about it. :D

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Some pics (are flikr pics ok?)

Flickr gets pissy if your images don't link back to their flickr page, just FYI.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just posted in the AI YouTube thread, but this really really needs to be in here. The scrolling yellow text in the second one is a bit annoying, but well worth it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Also the correlation between Gixxers and squids. I'm going to order some new decals for my bike.

GSX(NOT -R!)750ES

I was bored.

If you actually do want stickers of this, I have the Illustrator file for easy vinyl cutting. :D

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orange Someone posted:

It's a shame both the R and the crossed circle use the same colour, it makes it hard to differeniate the two. The circle really has to be red for it to make sense, but I'm struggling to think of a colour the R could be set to. Maybe black with a white outline instead, maybe the same grey as the GSX, maybe use the same blue and white that (almost) all GSX-Rs seem to use.

Yeah, I was struggling with the R/slash interaction. I suppose I could just use Suzuki blue for the R, but the red R is pretty iconic.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

MrKatharsis posted:

Would rock it. Where do I buy one?

You could probably get one made at a sign shop too. Most places sell perforated vinyl, and I can't imagine something as small and simple as that would be very expensive.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nice. I've wanted to catch the Google Street View mobile and do some impromptu hamming since I knew it existed. Bet this guy is super proud of that shot.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

cmorrow001 posted:

How the hell do you shift with roller blades on?

Well, if he can get the shift lever to stick into one of the gaps in the blades' trucks between the boots and the wheels, he can probably lift up and push down the lever without moving his foot at all. Imagine something like the clip in shoes for a pedal bike, except for the gear lever.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fantastipotamus posted:

Don't forget the comically-impossible-to-steer Batcycle from Dark Knight.

I was floored when I saw the making-of extras on the DVD and saw they actually made and rode that monstrosity. I kinda want to try it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Somebody linked to this crazy air-cooled Wankel powered bike, and I clicked through to find this:

the Goldammer Notorious

quote:

Roger Goldammer has created some pretty wild custom motorcycles over the years, but to our eyes, his 2007 ‘Notorious’ is the best of the lot. It’s a modern take on a Norton Manx cafe racer, with a featherbed-styled frame housing one half of a Harley V-twin. That single cylinder is a substantial 965cc though, and force-fed by a Rotex supercharger running 20 pounds of boost. The oversized headlight, slanted back in the modern style, is actually from a VW Beetle—and the drum on the front wheel is hiding four-piston disc brakes. The finish is up to Goldammer’s usual extraordinary standard, but there’s little paint on this bike: most of the bodywork is clear coat over bare metal. Delicious.
:fap:

E: actually, that entire site is amazing. There's some crazy custom based of an FZR100 with the supercharger from a Mini Cooper S grafted on. :aaaaa:

VV yeah, the ludicrously large supercharger belt up the side really makes it. I just clicked through the entire site, very very very awesome stuff on there.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 18, 2009

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jack the Smack posted:

The Lightcycles are back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwvuirSEAA

I can live with the new open cockpit design, but goddamnit, lightcycles turn at 90° angles when they're on the playing field. :arghfist::saddowns:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Silver posted:

Yeah just picked one up actually. Hey, are you having to convert the videos first before putting them in premier? Because I took a vid today but premier tells me that it's not a supported file. Only thing I can edit it with is Windows movie maker. :(

Strange, their site says Video Format: MJPEG, 30 fps, saved as .AVI file, and motion JPEG isn't exactly a strange format, surely one I'd think Premiere could handle. There might be some codec you have to download, but if Windows Movie Maker can handle it, I would have guessed you already have that codec installed. :confused:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

I wanted to try out slow motion stuff but had a lot of shake from a sticky tripod.

Not sure if it's just a crap tripod, but you may want to just try and loosen up the locking nuts a bit. Photo tripods are really built for holding still instead of smooth motion, but if you loosen everything up a bit you can pan and tilt a bit smoother. A tripod specifically made for video cameras is a huge improvement though.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Owwwww. As soon as I heard something like these existed, I realized I'd need to put one on any bike I may ever own. I'm not one to do retarded things (usually) but a little extra insurance never hurts.

http://www.gbracing.eu/Kawasaki.110/Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R-2009.127/Universal-Lower-Chain-Guard-%25252F-Shark-Fin.355.html

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ah, college towns...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
So is that samurai's helmet supposed to look like a turkey's head with the guy's face mask as a big red wattle or am I way off base here? :confused:

VV - Yeah, that makes more sense, but what an unfortunate color for the mask and a very :downs: looking falcon.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 28, 2009

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Retarded Pimp posted:

the gently caress?:wtf:

It's a carbureted, blown V8 with just enough wheels & trimmings attached to make it a "motorcycle." I think attempting to ride it would cause you to die and/or get sucked into the carbs. Judging by that watermark in the corner it's an eBay auction picture, so I'm really interested to know who was selling it, how much it was going for, and when the funeral for the winning bidder is.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

That's pretty loving cool, but I can't see those intercoolers doing a hell of a lot in the location they're in.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Crossposting this from the AI "craigslist gold" thread because goddamn. :barf:

VideoTapir posted:

most of the work is done.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

"Ride it like... the chics are waiting"

:raise:????

That says "chics are watching"

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zool posted:

I does look like the swing arm pivot and front sprocket are aligned. The advantage is no change in chain tension while the suspension moves. The disadvantage, is no anti-squat(it will wheelie instead of accelerate).

That and the pegs are mounted to the motor housing, hence unsprung. While the weight of the engine and rider may not make much difference being at the pivot point, I don't know if I'd like to have all the movement of the rear swingarm transmitted through my feet while I'm riding.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
This was posted over in AI's RC thread, and well, it looks like a poo poo ton of fun.

video: http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd02-dx450/gallery.html

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zool posted:

Count the superchargers. I see four.

Not to mention the 4 carbs are bolted to a plate of metal that couldn't possibly carry the intake charge to them.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Somebody say something about bikes and tie-down straps?

I should probably finish & reassemble this thing at some point...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

The world's most...uhh...questionable GS. Not work safe.

http://raysavant.com/?page_id=35

This dude is the complete package. :haw:

Holy poo poo. This guy.

:smug:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

I wanna try a rig like they have at 1:15 at this video:
http://www.vholdr.com/video/igsa-speed-days-2009-boardhell-longboarders

It's my project for summer, and although i doubt they'd let you track it, i can probably set it up and try it out on some good roads.

What the hell was that thing at 3:21-23 and 4:46? :psyduck:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

sigtrap posted:

OH MY GOD

You're the best, you know that? :allears:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU

Speaking of Ducatis, stoked for the new tron. They just released a new trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwvhW0ulclA&feature=player_embedded

I was feeling decidedly lackluster about the new Tron movie, but that actually made it look halfway decent. Still annoys me that the lightcycles don't turn at right angles when they're on the playing grid though.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

oh man, I used to have a GI Joe who was part of cobra who looked *exactly* like that! He was my favorite. He had this sweet visor that swept down.

here he is: First on the left, bottom row (he's in the middle of the package)

That would be Alley Viper, and he was the loving poo poo.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

eggyolk posted:

It's about 90% done now, so yeah, the lack of pegs and presence of a clutch lever are purely laziness.

Glad you guys like it, here's some retarded color studies:

:dominic:

I'm always wary to post anything on the forums for fear of plagiarism so this'll be all for a while.

While I really like the patterns you've used, those colors are out of control. They work pretty well together, but I'd cut the # used in each scheme by at least half.

And maybe it's just me being "functional" but I'd relocate the rear pegs so that they're mounted on the frame instead of the rear swingarm. Might sully the lines a bit, but that way your legs won't be flopping around with the rear shock travel.

Cool looking design though, digging the big swoopy curve of the forks/plastics/seat.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dubs posted:

The pegs look like they are mounted under the tail, and extend to sit under swing arm.
Ah, good catch, I missed that little bit leading down to the pegs.

Ringo R posted:

Let's post some concept bikes. This one is almost 10 years old but still looks great: http://www.naulapaa.com/flash/aprilia_RAM.swf
:hawaaaafap:

Holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo. They need to make this. If not them, somebody. I loving LOVE that insectoid look, and those handlebars are cool as poo poo. Also, loving V5?!? Crazy. Posting some image captures so more people click the link cuz drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

hayden. posted:

At what point does it become recording without consent? The instant the cop says a single word and you don't manage to tell the guy with a gun pointed at you that you're recording? If it's illegal why wouldn't the cop just ASK if it was recording?

So is it a felony every time a cop car's dash cam turns on? If not, why not? :raise: